Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: For those who choose to not do CWL, are you finding wars during CWL week?

  1. #1
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,045

    For those who choose to not do CWL, are you finding wars during CWL week?

    Wanting to know if we skip CWL, will we still find wars during that week? No one in our can is a fan of CWL.
    Last edited by iBork; August 6th, 2020 at 01:24 AM.
    Leader of Fortress X
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/fortress-x-2QJ99CGP/members


    "The value of a datum or a field of data is modified by the viewpoint of the observer."

  2. #2
    Forum All-Star joshsgrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    4,254
    Hi iBork.. Will be interesting to see the replies.
    I have seen it posted whereby clans have struggled for a match.

    But I would expect if you ran a common mixed hall line up, and the war size werent too big, then matching shouldnt be too much of a problem.
    Indeed, if I return to my mini, I will likely give cwl a miss myself till my intermediates gain a bit of weight.
    if I do i will be spinning with a breakdown of th9 down to 5 or 6, and likely 15v war size, with a back up plan of 10v war size if the oppo is in short supply.

  3. #3
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    1,706
    Yes u can, less clan doing classic during CWL, but still a lot of clan doing it at 10&15v, less for bigger war, but if your roster is quite common, you can find war at all size except 50v is very thin, expect to wait a bit longer tho
    https://cocp.it/clan/L8VLPP80

    Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

  4. #4
    Millennial Club Rizzob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Over there ---->
    Posts
    1,050
    CWL is half-over at the time of your posting, so surely you've tried by now - how has the searching gone? If you haven't had luck, what does your lineup look like?

    Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images

  5. #5
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    CWL is half-over at the time of your posting, so surely you've tried by now - how has the searching gone? If you haven't had luck, what does your lineup look like?
    We are in the current CWL. That's why I'm asking because I've grown tired of this. Thus far in the current CWL we have faced 15 TH13's, vs. our line up of: 9 TH13's, 1 TH12, 4 TH11's and 1 TH10!!!!

    We have had a few wars where it was the opposite, equally stupid. We lost 2 maxed TH13's between this CWL and the last one. Clan members change, so CWL is always skewed one way or the other. Usually against you.

    CWL has ALWAYS had ridiculous matches, whoever thought his would be fun needs to have his head examined.

    7 days of pure poo poo.
    Last edited by iBork; August 6th, 2020 at 08:02 PM.
    Leader of Fortress X
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/fortress-x-2QJ99CGP/members


    "The value of a datum or a field of data is modified by the viewpoint of the observer."

  6. #6
    New Bloke/Chick
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    45
    We accidentally missed the CWL, so we did old style wars during the CWL period. We got matched with clans that were really bad at war, so we got easy wins. I think the good clans will be in CWL.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by iBork View Post
    We are in the current CWL. That's why I'm asking because I've grown tired of this. Thus far in the current CWL we have faced 15 TH13's, vs. our line up of: 9 TH13's, 1 TH12, 4 TH11's and 1 TH10!!!!

    We have had a few wars where it was the opposite, equally stupid. We lost 2 maxed TH13's between this CWL and the last one. Clan members change, so CWL is always skewed one way or the other. Usually against you.

    CWL has ALWAYS had ridiculous matches, whoever thought his would be fun needs to have his head examined.

    7 days of pure poo poo.
    How can it usually be against you without being demoted? What league are you in? We have two th13s taking a break this month being replaced by a th12 and one of my th11s in Masters1. We know we have no chance to get promoted to C3, but we are still having fun trying to do as best we can. Our th11 and th12 get 2 stars on high th13s, so that isn't an issue, but they give up easy 3 stars on defense every war so it definitely is a challenge.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  8. #8
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,045
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    How can it usually be against you without being demoted? What league are you in? We have two th13s taking a break this month being replaced by a th12 and one of my th11s in Masters1. We know we have no chance to get promoted to C3, but we are still having fun trying to do as best we can. Our th11 and th12 get 2 stars on high th13s, so that isn't an issue, but they give up easy 3 stars on defense every war so it definitely is a challenge.
    I've noticed you love to defend bad moves made by SC.

    I'll give you the rundown from the very first CWL we've had, on to present time.

    Oct 2019 - 1st Place - Master League II
    Nov 2019 - 5th Place - Master League I
    Dec 2019 - 8th Place - Master League I
    Jan 2020 - 2nd Place - Master League I
    Feb 2020 - 3rd Place - Master League I
    Mar 2020 - 8th Place - Master League II
    May 2020 - 4th Place - Master League III
    Jun 2020 - 7th Place - Master League III
    Jul 2020 - 1st Place - Crystal League I
    Current CWL- 8th Place - Master League III

    None of these wars were fun. They are tedious, boring wars. You are either too strong for the opponent, (boring), or too weak (depressing). There's nothing fair or fun about CWL.

    We are a war clan, for 7 days every month, most of the can sits idle. During this week the clan becomes dormant. It's depressing. Only the guys in war shown up to do they war attack each day.

    Now, you may love this sort of a thing, that's your choice. Nothing you will say or do will change my likes and dislikes. So let's just leave it at that.
    Last edited by iBork; August 7th, 2020 at 05:15 AM.
    Leader of Fortress X
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/fortress-x-2QJ99CGP/members


    "The value of a datum or a field of data is modified by the viewpoint of the observer."

  9. #9
    Forum All-Star joshsgrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    4,254
    just to revisit this.. I posted ours and the oppo break downs in another thread..
    needless to say it is bad.
    above, I was thinking of returning to the mini and opting out of cwl.

    Well, an update to our situation is that we are still on day 5, the only war we almost stood a chance, was with our 4x 13s vs their 7x 13s, but they were pretty bad..
    4 no shows on our side put paid to that..
    And boy the week seems like a month already, struggling to get folk to show, no chat whatsoever, am even finding myself hitting go without a plan, and dropping spells as I go..
    It is a rubbish week.. and to think I was excited in the run up.. Stayed possitive with simply a shrug after the draw..
    But the reality is that its a wasted week.. So bored, no interest, and wished it was done.

    i had posted in chat that I was likely to leave after cwl is done, but the guy I handed over to originally is talking about calling time on cwl.
    Now that my shifts are done, we can chat and plot a way forward..
    But chances are that we wont be enlisting in the forseeable future.. Of course, once the dust settles, we shall see.

    Didnt think I would be agreeing with iBork's blanket statement that the system is "poo poo", but this week has hit home that it just may be a fitting description.

  10. #10
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8,195
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    just to revisit this.. I posted ours and the oppo break downs in another thread..
    needless to say it is bad.
    above, I was thinking of returning to the mini and opting out of cwl.

    Well, an update to our situation is that we are still on day 5, the only war we almost stood a chance, was with our 4x 13s vs their 7x 13s, but they were pretty bad..
    4 no shows on our side put paid to that..
    And boy the week seems like a month already, struggling to get folk to show, no chat whatsoever, am even finding myself hitting go without a plan, and dropping spells as I go..
    It is a rubbish week.. and to think I was excited in the run up.. Stayed possitive with simply a shrug after the draw..
    But the reality is that its a wasted week.. So bored, no interest, and wished it was done.

    i had posted in chat that I was likely to leave after cwl is done, but the guy I handed over to originally is talking about calling time on cwl.
    Now that my shifts are done, we can chat and plot a way forward..
    But chances are that we wont be enlisting in the forseeable future.. Of course, once the dust settles, we shall see.

    Didnt think I would be agreeing with iBork's blanket statement that the system is "poo poo", but this week has hit home that it just may be a fitting description.
    Guess it depends on your clan. CWL is a different beast. I find regular wars to be boring. Doesn't make that system poo poo because i don't care for it. I also see no reason to try to convince you or bork to like CWL. Your choice. Your preference.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •