Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For those who choose to not do CWL, are you finding wars during CWL week?

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Guess it depends on your clan. CWL is a different beast. I find regular wars to be boring. Doesn't make that system poo poo because i don't care for it. I also see no reason to try to convince you or bork to like CWL. Your choice. Your preference.
    I'm a bit the opposite, I prefer regular wars over CWL and only do it for the medals.

I also fight normal wars during CWL which means I average something like 20 attacks a day during the 7 days. Regular war matches can be a little difficult to find during CWL but it is doable.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Guess it depends on your clan. CWL is a different beast. I find regular wars to be boring. Doesn't make that system poo poo because i don't care for it. I also see no reason to try to convince you or bork to like CWL. Your choice. Your preference.
    i tolerate it as a rule.. This month we are outmatched in both size and skill..Funnily enough, we broke into 6th place today and looking like staying there.. Beating the bottom clan, whom cant catch us now, and closing in on our first win and survival..
    But more thanks to those below us wanting out rather than us outplaying or outsmarting them I tend to think.

I agree it is clan dependant.. And we dont have the clan to compete where we found ourselves..
    Kudos to our guys for sticking with it tho..
    Bad start, but activity rose as the week went on.. Are even talking about looking at a strat and a base fitting of the tier for next time lol.. So much for we are standing down.
    Heaven forbid.. Sometimes they amaze me.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    i tolerate it as a rule.. This month we are outmatched in both size and skill..Funnily enough, we broke into 6th place today and looking like staying there.. Beating the bottom clan, whom cant catch us now, and closing in on our first win and survival..
    But more thanks to those below us wanting out rather than us outplaying or outsmarting them I tend to think.

I agree it is clan dependant.. And we dont have the clan to compete where we found ourselves..
    Kudos to our guys for sticking with it tho..
    Bad start, but activity rose as the week went on.. Are even talking about looking at a strat and a base fitting of the tier for next time lol.. So much for we are standing down.
    Heaven forbid.. Sometimes they amaze me.
    There have definitely been times where we found the league gap to be too high and had it rough. In between league wars, a lot of our 11s and 12s are working heroes. That means we run mostly 10v10 or 15v15 regulars wars with a bunch of near max 13s and a few 12s with the odd 11 thrown in. Seems to be a common lineup as we match quickly. It makes for very little variation and often devolves into a 2 star slugfest. The wars kind of blur together. I tend to leave my main out if others want to play.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by iBork View Post
    We are in the current CWL. That's why I'm asking because I've grown tired of this. Thus far in the current CWL we have faced 15 TH13's, vs. our line up of: 9 TH13's, 1 TH12, 4 TH11's and 1 TH10!!!!

We have had a few wars where it was the opposite, equally stupid. We lost 2 maxed TH13's between this CWL and the last one. Clan members change, so CWL is always skewed one way or the other. Usually against you.

CWL has ALWAYS had ridiculous matches, whoever thought his would be fun needs to have his head examined.

7 days of pure poo poo.
    First, Bro, the basic principle of any game is to pass time, enjoy game. When your clan is pitted against few strong clans, try to learn from the the way they attack and analyse the loopholes in your bases and try to develop your troops and defenses. Even then if you find it difficult, move down one level and consolidate and then move to your true level. On an average you should be able to win 3 WARS in your league, otherwise you have to introspection to see what is wrong. Of course sand bagging is here to stay but still we have to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by CHANDRU1955 View Post
    First, Bro, the basic principle of any game is to pass time, enjoy game. When your clan is pitted against few strong clans, try to learn from the the way they attack and analyse the loopholes in your bases and try to develop your troops and defenses. Even then if you find it difficult, move down one level and consolidate and then move to your true level. On an average you should be able to win 3 WARS in your league, otherwise you have to introspection to see what is wrong. Of course sand bagging is here to stay but still we have to move on.
    That would be fine if the problem was that all the opposition is too big..
    He said cwl is either swayed too much against them or too much for them..
    Either way is no fun for them, and as you said "the idea of a game is to pass time and have fun"..

So cwl aint for everybody..
    I dont care so much for it myself, even tho I have read every thread regarding the platform since before it even was released on coc world, so have a basic understanding of its mechanics.

I will participate if the clan is still wanting in tho, as unlike regular war, it is more of a whole clan experience..
    Even those that dont participate in regular have a go with cwl, since we place low emphasis on war day results for the week.
    We regard it as a 2 star event, unlike regular, where 3 stars is the only target worth aiming for.

Quote Originally Posted by iBork View Post
    I've noticed you love to defend bad moves made by SC.

I'll give you the rundown from the very first CWL we've had, on to present time.

Oct 2019 - 1st Place - Master League II
    Nov 2019 - 5th Place - Master League I
    Dec 2019 - 8th Place - Master League I
    Jan 2020 - 2nd Place - Master League I
    Feb 2020 - 3rd Place - Master League I
    Mar 2020 - 8th Place - Master League II
    May 2020 - 4th Place - Master League III
    Jun 2020 - 7th Place - Master League III
    Jul 2020 - 1st Place - Crystal League I
    Current CWL- 8th Place - Master League III

None of these wars were fun. They are tedious, boring wars. You are either too strong for the opponent, (boring), or too weak (depressing). There's nothing fair or fun about CWL.

We are a war clan, for 7 days every month, most of the can sits idle. During this week the clan becomes dormant. It's depressing. Only the guys in war shown up to do they war attack each day.

Now, you may love this sort of a thing, that's your choice. Nothing you will say or do will change my likes and dislikes. So let's just leave it at that.
    Hmm, sorry I missed this post or maybe sorry I now saw it. Contrary to your claim, you have "noticed" very little, because if you paid attention to my posts you would know your opening statement is nonsense.

In any event, I'm not sure why your experience in Masters1 and 2 is so different. My own clan also has been in both, most recently only in Masters1 and we have a lot of close wars. I can't speak for Crystal or M3. Perhaps the composition of your clan changes more than mine. Mine has been pretty steady other than having some th13s take off this last season which definitely hurt (though we fought hard and avoided demotion).

I do think the power gap between leagues is too great. The problem of taking last in one league or destroying everyone in the league right below is definitely a problem. I've often commented on this problem and how I think a good way to address it is to add more leagues. That's the kind of criticism of the CWL model you'd notice if you read my posts.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Same here. We go for medal harvesting so naturally our members took to engineering. As 2222 pointed out we easily stay in gold 1. Found it difficult to win 3 WARS in Crystal 111, so we elected to maintain in Gold I. You can sand bag, harvest more medals and consolidate your bases.

For me CWL is about farming medals and I have access to clans from gold 3 to crystal 1, so I just try to build rosters and then choose the tier. In the case of last CWL, I messed up and did 30v for instead of 15v for our big clan.

I think a nice QOL feature would be when you search CWL, it should show what size you are searching when you look at the spinning roster. I was in a hurry and put both clans at 30v by mistake but if it showed search size, I might have caught it, or another clan mate.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked