Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: new legend player asking for tips

new legend player asking for tips

Hello all

I got to legend last night at midnight and am wondering if anyone can give me any tips on how to stay in legend league as a casual player.

Also, I only got 5 attacks, isn't legend league supposed to be 8 attacks?

Many thanks

Silly

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    When you reach legends, you get a number of attacks proportional to the time left in the legends day.

So if there is 12 hours until the end of the current day, you get 4 attacks. And that "day" ends at 07:00 UTC.

Make sure you get your defensive CC populated before the end of your first (part) day - it will then stay populated wit the same troops unless and until you change it.

Generally, try to make sure of 2 stars on most attacks, and do your 8 attacks, you will stay there (assuming you are TH13 - anything below TH13 will find it almost impossible to stay).

If you get all 8 attacks in each day, it's fairly easy to stay in legends.
    Go for 2 stars each attack.
    Some decent attack strats are: hybrid, edrag comps, lalo comps, dragloon, dragbat, yeti comps, etc.
    Check youtube for videos on different attack strats and try them all out.
    Once you find 2-3 you like, rotate them so you don't get bored doing the same attack over and over and over again.

However, if you ever want to trophy push, get into base design, research various attack strategies, and always go for 3 stars.

If you arent yet maxed just try do your attacks daily, aim for 2 safe stars, and keep upgrading.

Once you get close to max, if you want you can start pushing.
    My advice is to stick to an army and keep doing it. Ive started using hybrid now 3 months ago (i think) and it been hard learning it, and i am still learning it now. But it seems i keep reaching 5600 lately, wich is a good thing. Not a lot get there, but of course there are others even higher then me.

So my advice is to stick to an army and keep doing it. It will slowly get better and better. Try to stay in legend, because you see a lot of weird, new, hard, crazy bases. So when you go in a war, you are already hardened and experienced, finding it easier a bit.

Up to you army of preference.

Ok so I'm currently using edrags and am now at a level where I can consistently 2 star but I'm still going down. I started at 5200 and now I'm down to 5002. I have to use edrags as they are my only max level troops. Is it that edrags aren't viable or do I just suck and need to get good?

Please help

The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
    Generally you should stay around low legends for farming (4900+ in legends) and you should be finding decent bases easy to two-star.
    As for your near 200 trophy loss:
    If it's one day,don't worry.You can lose a maximum 320 trophies(Maximum lost trophies in one day = Maximum per day * no. of defenses = 40*8 = 320)

If it's gradual ,Maybe you're two high for your level.Keep attacking until you reach a floor of sorts where your trophies remain a bit stagnant.It should be easier then.
    "VICTORY GOES TO THE BRAVE OF HEART.AND TO JACKO.WAIT,THAT'S ME!!!"

Not actually me,though.That would be so cool....so cool.
    Check the out wiki for clearing some common doubts,trust me it'll help.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyaus View Post
    Ok so I'm currently using edrags and am now at a level where I can consistently 2 star but I'm still going down. I started at 5200 and now I'm down to 5002. I have to use edrags as they are my only max level troops. Is it that edrags aren't viable or do I just suck and need to get good?

Please help
    One of my legends accounts is a very new th13, even the th12 defenses weren't maxed. I'm also using edrags with 2-3 heroes down and basically getting low 2 stars on all of my attacks with an occasional 1 star thrown in. Don't worry much about the results of one or two days. You'll have good days and bad. Some days you won't even take 8 defense (not uncommon in lower legends). If you happen to get knocked out you can get right back in. Remember, you will have to get pushed down below 4900 to get kicked out. Tomorrow, since you are only at 5002 you will get easier matches than when you were at 5200. That should allow you to go back up a little.
    Last edited by 2222; August 19th, 2020 at 11:05 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Thanks guys. I'll keep trying and hopefully will get better. I'm not a very good attacker but are there any other easy attack strategies like edrag spam that will do better in terms of percentage. I'm currently averaging 55% 2 star with edrags. I'm using blimp with balloons in my war cc. Queen is 75 King is 73 Warden is 42 Royal champion is 10