Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why are there different levels for everything

Why are there different levels for everything

Hi all.
    Does anyone know the reason or logic behind why there are 10 levels to golems and hogs but like 5 for bowlers and ice golems? Same for edragons being only 4 and Yeti 3.
    I get they are unlocked a lot earlier but can't help but think maybe some should have been given a more substantial buff and less levels and some should have involved a lot more work through level grinding.
    And again for why I can max ice golems at th12 but I can't max bowlers at th12? Despite ice golems coming in a DB later.
    Just seems strange.

Forum Superstar
    If you unlock Edrags at 11 but have to lab them 10 levels i think that wouldn't be very smart. 3 levels from the start then 1 more per TH level seems to make sense to me. Same thing goes for the yeti.

As far as IG and bowlers they are very different troops. You need to look at housing, cost, and utilization over when you unlock them.

Agree, would seem strange if the game remained static all these years. But, not the case. The game has been dynamic, constantly changing and growing. They can only balance on the current state of the game, not future states. They simply balance, and rebalance, as the game morphs, dependent upon state of the game at that time.

So the levels of Bowlers are as deemed acceptable for the game today, as are the Ice Golems.
    Last edited by rowman; August 5th, 2020 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    If you unlock Edrags at 11 but have to lab them 10 levels i think that wouldn't be very smart. 3 levels from the start then 1 more per TH level seems to make sense to me. Same thing goes for the yeti.

As far as IG and bowlers they are very different troops. You need to look at housing, cost, and utilization over when you unlock them.
    Agree. One of the very annoying things about builder base is unlocking a troop at bh9 and having 18 levels to upgrade.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Could you imagine a new troop coming out, but unusable for 2 months? Not sure the logic behind what youíre thinking, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by twinblade123 View Post
    Could you imagine a new troop coming out, but unusable for 2 months? Not sure the logic behind what youíre thinking, mate.
    Well it's also the secondary point, valks have less levels than golems, healers have less levels than Pekka.
    I don't get what logic you think I am thinking? I was asking a question...not implying they should be flat across the board.

Banned
    I don't understand your point, OP. Do you want more or less levels?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFaceGuy View Post
    I don't understand your point, OP. Do you want more or less levels?
    I was just asking if anyone knew the logic to what is an apparent random allocation of level layers to each unit. It is not consistent to unit space or to level unlocked.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Agree. One of the very annoying things about builder base is unlocking a troop at bh9 and having 18 levels to upgrade.
    Probably the worst thing about the BB.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    Well it's also the secondary point, valks have less levels than golems, healers have less levels than Pekka.
    I don't get what logic you think I am thinking? I was asking a question...not implying they should be flat across the board.
    Well, that goes into my part about the new troops. But also because at lower town halls if some troops were given these upgrades they would crush opposition. Think bowlers at TH9 come to mind, but thatís just one example.