Thread: Extra dark barracks please

Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜

Extra dark barracks please

I would love an extra dark barracks to reduce dark troop training times by 1/3.

i am annoyed that hogs take 45 seconds for 5 troop space whereas miners take only 30 seconds for 6 troop space.

but other dark troops are worse. I don't use witches because 3 minutes for 12 troop space is way too slow for me to use when i want to get 8 legend attacks in at about 45 minute intervals.

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ24

You are crying just for 45 second in 2016 training time for one troop used to last for 1 hour

I myself feel that you are making an erroneous assumption, that the base training time ratio for troops would remain constant, thus an additional barracks would decrease total time if 3rd added.

If they wanted to reduce total Hog or Witch training times they could easily do that today without an additional barracks. They have adjusted times upon their will many times in the past. Only thing a 3rd Barracks would give us is yet another barracks to upgrade with longer "pain factor" times. Currently, we enjoy fastest training times after awaiting 2 barracks upgrades. No desire to extend that to "await three upgrades".

Reduce training times? Sure, that is always welcomed. Add another barracks, no thanks.
    Last edited by rowman; August 5th, 2020 at 02:00 PM.

My current main army has two golems and nine witches and takes over 50 min (excluding gold pass). I dropped from legends and only make two attacks a day (daily challenge and CWL), so I haven't minded. Before I dropped, I'd usually make a last minute 8th attack with whatever was ready, and that's when I'd feel the training times.

Why add a third only when we could have a fourth too? Each DB would reduce time, but times can be adjusted so hogs don't become 15 seconds each. I agree they should be on par with other 5-6 size troop training times.

edit: what rowman said - better to decrease times than add barracks to decrease times.

New barracks would artificially boost defense (more trash to clear) and lend to strategizing upgrades, so it's not the worst idea.
    Last edited by toofinedog; August 5th, 2020 at 02:06 PM.

A third/fourth DE Barracks would be nice but not for the reason stated. I could be onboard with a third/fourth if they wanted it to offset when upgrading one of the barracks. Having training time double when one is being upgraded is a bit of a kick in the head. Doesn't bother me so much on my max accounts but on my baby TH11 soon to be 12 I am not looking forward to DE barracks upgrades. Normal barracks upgrades. Not a big deal.

Yes we have hammers and books, potions and gems but at the end of the day I think we can all agree the 25 percent hit from normal barracks upgrades and the 50 percent hit for the dark is a bit of a lopsided situation.

You might as well request for Instant training instead of waiting for a extra barrack

Quote Originally Posted by Iftheskyisblue View Post
    I would love an extra dark barracks to reduce dark troop training times by 1/3.

i am annoyed that hogs take 45 seconds for 5 troop space whereas miners take only 30 seconds for 6 troop space.

but other dark troops are worse. I don't use witches because 3 minutes for 12 troop space is way too slow for me to use when i want to get 8 legend attacks in at about 45 minute intervals.
    Glory Glory Manchester United!

Kolkata_Gangs - #YYQCGR00

Trainee
    Quote Originally Posted by Ullaspn View Post
    You are crying just for 45 second in 2016 training time for one troop used to last for 1 hour
    Or attacking without spells because they took about 2 hours each.

Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    Thanks for the replies all

More specifically i would like dark troop training times to be reduced so they are more in line with elixir troops, eg
    • hog at 30 secs not 45 secs, compare with miner, 30 secs for 6 troop space
    • ice golem at 2 mins not 3 mins , compare with healer, 2 mins for 14 troop space

Overall i would like to see all full armies able to be trained in less than 40 minutes.

30 minutes sould be even better because then you could train a full army, and train troops for donation, and still attack every 45 minutes when heros regen, without the training queue getting longer and longer.

30 seconds for 5 troop space would be a great benchmark for training time.

mostly it is dark troops that have a long training time/troop space ratio, but edrag is the slowpoke of the elixir troops.

however i do think an extra dark barracks would help out all non max accounts who still have to upgrade dark barracks. When one is upgrading and out of action it doubles dark troop training time, which is excessive. If we had 3 then the upgrade penalty would only be a 50% rather than 100% increase in training times.

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ24