Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Auto adjusting CWL initial seeding

  1. #1
    Forum Elder MajorJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    2,421

    Auto adjusting CWL initial seeding

    Hi there, I'm an experienced clasher, maybe one of the best around, with a war log to prove it.

    Early on in cwl we would take advantages in it's weaknesses for medals but with the update for 8 medals for full rewards, it turned the tables to make higher leagues more profitable for lower level members. In the case of regular clans though, fighting high would mean coming last for several CWLs since it seems as though the initial placement is so high. I find this a more detriment since their first outing to CWL is likely to end in demotion.

    It seems to me that the initial placement isn't being adjusted regularly.

    What SC should do, is once CWL signup has closed, take the average defense weight of all clans in every tier for the next CWL, for more accurate placements, can look back at past 3-4 CWL for average weights and take the average growth over the period within a 1-5% margin of error. This could be applied at any time after a CWL and would be more accurate, especially if the initial placement was deemed to be be higher (average +10٪ for medals), or lower for wins.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

    Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

  2. #2
    I do think it needs adjusting and that might even include not having Masters1 as the top initial placement. I'd like to see SC use the average weight of the accounts in the actual wars from the month before to determine the placement the next month. I also think the gap of power between tiers is too great. I'd like to see 15v expand up to titan league by starting with titan3 and slowly filling up to titan1.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  3. #3
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Hi there, I'm an experienced clasher, maybe one of the best around, with a war log to prove it.

    Early on in cwl we would take advantages in it's weaknesses for medals but with the update for 8 medals for full rewards, it turned the tables to make higher leagues more profitable for lower level members. In the case of regular clans though, fighting high would mean coming last for several CWLs since it seems as though the initial placement is so high. I find this a more detriment since their first outing to CWL is likely to end in demotion.

    It seems to me that the initial placement isn't being adjusted regularly.

    What SC should do, is once CWL signup has closed, take the average defense weight of all clans in every tier for the next CWL, for more accurate placements, can look back at past 3-4 CWL for average weights and take the average growth over the period within a 1-5% margin of error. This could be applied at any time after a CWL and would be more accurate, especially if the initial placement was deemed to be be higher (average +10٪ for medals), or lower for wins.
    To me, this sounds like an engineers playground. Create a new clan each CWL with lower weight defenses and higher weight offense/heroes and let the CWL spin put me in a tier where I can dominate each and every season by reseeding. This would create an artificial ceiling where Those less gifted in engineering are perpetually in limbo as the top spots in the tier are taken by those who have no intent to promote and will reseed into that same tier next season. I know there are many clans out there who have cultivated a “never ever lose” mindset which is great for winstreak chasing but limits their tolerance for losing in CWL. Those clans would LOVE to be able to create a scenario where they never lose a battle day or war or regular war.

    I would much prefer a seeding system such as today, where it seeds you a bit higher and you get more medals as you work your way down in tiers rather than being destroyed each and every month lower down with zero chance at promotion as those spots are taken by those who would game the system.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  4. #4
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    750
    When SC restructed the medal gains for each tier, they should have done a reset then, as nany clans were a lot lower than they should have been.
    Yet, SC did not do so.
    Kind of too late for a reseeding if clans now.

    Also, I would hate a regular or even a semi-regular auto adjust for clans.
    This would mean that all clans in champs 1-3 would get reseeded into masters 1-3 every so often.
    Clans put in a lot of effort to get into champs and it'd be unfair if the auto-reseeding kept placing them back in masters every once in a while.

    Not to mention the abuse that already occurs: a Clan A creates an alt clan called Clan B, but they put in low level accounts. Do cwl for Clan B at a low league, then the next month, Clan A puts all their heavy bases into Clan B, while the bases in Clan B go to Clan A.
    Clan B would dominate, while Clan A gets demoted.
    Swap the bases each month, so that one clan is always getting promoted and the other demoted, thus keeping the clans roughly in the same league.

  5. #5
    Millennial Club Iftheskyisblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    Posts
    1,081
    I think major is talking about the initial seeding when a clan joins CWL for the first time, not a monthly reseeding.

    monthly reseeding would be disastrous as everyone is pointing out.

    Initial seeding based on the actual weights in each league the previous season sounds like an easy sensible method.

    and it really doesnt matter if clans "engineer" a high or low seeding because they can change their whole roster from month to month anyway to move up or down

    IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ24


  6. #6
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Iftheskyisblue View Post
    I think major is talking about the initial seeding when a clan joins CWL for the first time, not a monthly reseeding.

    monthly reseeding would be disastrous as everyone is pointing out.

    Initial seeding based on the actual weights in each league the previous season sounds like an easy sensible method.

    and it really doesnt matter if clans "engineer" a high or low seeding because they can change their whole roster from month to month anyway to move up or down
    Creating a new clan each month effectively means being reseeded each month.

    Additionally, imagine you are a clan that loves 30v30, you cant do that in CWL Champs. Easy peasy, manicure your roster so that each month you seed and win Master 1, create a new clan, reseed toMaster 1 again and do it all over. What do you think the rest of the clans in Master 1 would think of that behaviour?
    Last edited by Tosti111; August 6th, 2020 at 01:21 AM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  7. #7
    Forum All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Creating a new clan each month effectively means being reseeded each month.

    Additionally, imagine you are a clan that loves 30v30, you cant do that in CWL Champs. Easy peasy, manicure your roster so that each month you seed and win Master 1, create a new clan, reseed toMaster 1 again and do it all over. What do you think the rest of the clans in Master 1 would think of that behaviour?

    I suggest limiting CWL to level 2+ clans. Creating dummy clans to take advantage of initial seeding weaknesses should be slightly harder than trivial.

  8. #8
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    I suggest limiting CWL to level 2+ clans. Creating dummy clans to take advantage of initial seeding weaknesses should be slightly harder than trivial.
    I am betting most of those type of clans already have several dummy clans and wouldnt take them long to get to level 2.
    What happens to clans that dont do that but form a clan that is less than+2? What tier should they go into where they will win even easier and how will that tierís opponents enjoy the experience?
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  9. #9
    Forum All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    4,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I am betting most of those type of clans already have several dummy clans and wouldnt take them long to get to level 2.
    What happens to clans that dont do that but form a clan that is less than+2? What tier should they go into where they will win even easier and how will that tierís opponents enjoy the experience?
    I think it takes < 1 week for 15 accounts to get a new clan to level 2. That is a trivial burden for any real new clan, if they are really in that clan.

    > What happens to clans ... less than+2?

    If your clan is level 1, you can't enter CWL.

    I can see reasonable arguments for the clan level minimum to be higher. The CWL model implicitly presumes that the clan has a long term stable membership. Months, with most of the 15 or 30 being stable in the clan. This is not consistent with a 15 member level 1 clan.

  10. #10
    Forum Elder Thegreatpuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    2,337
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Creating a new clan each month effectively means being reseeded each month.

    Additionally, imagine you are a clan that loves 30v30, you cant do that in CWL Champs. Easy peasy, manicure your roster so that each month you seed and win Master 1, create a new clan, reseed toMaster 1 again and do it all over. What do you think the rest of the clans in Master 1 would think of that behaviour?
    This can already happen right now so I'm unsure how this is a knock against the idea.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; August 6th, 2020 at 04:00 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •