Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auto adjusting CWL initial seeding

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    To me, this sounds like an engineers playground. Create a new clan each CWL with lower weight defenses and higher weight offense/heroes and let the CWL spin put me in a tier where I can dominate each and every season by reseeding. This would create an artificial ceiling where Those less gifted in engineering are perpetually in limbo as the top spots in the tier are taken by those who have no intent to promote and will reseed into that same tier next season. I know there are many clans out there who have cultivated a “never ever lose” mindset which is great for winstreak chasing but limits their tolerance for losing in CWL. Those clans would LOVE to be able to create a scenario where they never lose a battle day or war or regular war.

I would much prefer a seeding system such as today, where it seeds you a bit higher and you get more medals as you work your way down in tiers rather than being destroyed each and every month lower down with zero chance at promotion as those spots are taken by those who would game the system.
    Actually for engineer clans, they would prefer to be seeded in higher tiers rather than fighting lower for more wins.

As a response to 2222, yes, it is talking about using the actual bases from the previous CWL for the placement for the following CWL. The way I was proposing was that the adjustment for next seasons initial placement could happen at any time after the close of signups, until the start of next seasons signup.

Also, you could still place clans a little high if you wanted to by just placing clans about 10% higher than last seasons average weights, just would be a more accurate way of placement than periodically adjusting weights.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Actually for engineer clans, they would prefer to be seeded in higher tiers rather than fighting lower for more wins.

As a response to 2222, yes, it is talking about using the actual bases from the previous CWL for the placement for the following CWL. The way I was proposing was that the adjustment for next seasons initial placement could happen at any time after the close of signups, until the start of next seasons signup.

Also, you could still place clans a little high if you wanted to by just placing clans about 10% higher than last seasons average weights, just would be a more accurate way of placement than periodically adjusting weights.
    With all due respect Major, the goal of engineering has rarely been about farming, either for loot or medals or magic items. The goal has been about winning as your own signature testifies. Look how many clans sandbagged or built two clans with lowers in one season to be replaced by uppers the following season for easy wins. Look how many clans intentionally throw CWL matches to ensure they dont promote. look at regular wars where the goal is to win at the spin. Engineers seem to have been quite happy warring against lesser opponents for the past many years, what suddenly changed?
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Forum Superstar
    With all due respect Major, the goal of engineering has rarely been about farming, either for loot or medals or magic items. The goal has been about winning as your own signature testifies. Look how many clans sandbagged or built two clans with lowers in one season to be replaced by uppers the following season for easy wins. Look how many clans intentionally throw CWL matches to ensure they dont promote. look at regular wars where the goal is to win at the spin. Engineers seem to have been quite happy warring against lesser opponents for the past many years, what suddenly changed?
    Look how many clans intentionally throw CWL matches to ensure they dont promote.

This is a very difficult to ignore sandbagging tactic.

We are in crystal II, and doing poorly (too many of the clan are low TH levels), coming 5/6. It is fairly obvious to the tactically-minded people that we need to throw Day7 to get into Crystal I next season. There is a big difference in level between crystal I and crystal II.

Sure, it was when CWL was in it's old reward system, and when it comes to CWL now, it's more about the medals. When we do CWL these days, I am building the lineup around what I expect for the tier (I have options for different tiers). With 8 stars for full rewards, I'd like to fight higher tiers because then I can get more medals.

I fight for streaks, cwl doesn't really matter, it's just farming. In some CWL we may lose them all, or win nearly all in our lower clan because we are one of the lowest weight clans but we use all attacks and choose good targets.

Though for the normal clans being seeded very high is a problem, the noob clans should be seeded where they should be (rather than too high) because they should be able to start by winning half (or more if they are active). When it comes to crystal and up, a clan that should be in crystal 2, may end up in masters 2, which I noticed happened recently.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; August 11th, 2020 at 08:06 AM.

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Look how many clans intentionally throw CWL matches to ensure they dont promote.

This is a very difficult to ignore sandbagging tactic.

We are in crystal II, and doing poorly (too many of the clan are low TH levels), coming 5/6. It is fairly obvious to the tactically-minded people that we need to throw Day7 to get into Crystal I next season. There is a big difference in level between crystal I and crystal II.
    To get into crystal 1 from crystal 2?

I would assume that the change you might see is more middle ground clans?

If a clan wants to sand bag at lower leagues, there isn't really anything you can do about that, due to how the ladder system work.