Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spammers attack our clan chat

Fresh Spawn

Angry Spammers attack our clan chat

The story of how our clan's chat turned into a spam trash can.
    Recently, a spammer has been visiting our clan regularly (20 times a day). He joins, advertises his site and immediately leaves, we do not have time to kick him, because he does it within 2-3 seconds. Most likely, this is not even a person - a program / bot.

And yes, I wrote in support - they said they would check this account. But the problem is that support responds very slowly and checks even longer - during this time he managed to join hundreds or thousands of clans. In addition, he has more than one such account.
    The "report" button does not work, it does not give any effect.

My suggestion: need to expand the clan administrations (leader, co-leader) administration functionality - add the "ban user" button even when the player has already left the clan. It is strange that there is no such functionality, because the COC is famous for its thoughtfulness.

Example:

[Redacted by forum moderator]
    Last edited by Cowslips; August 5th, 2020 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Naming and shaming

Set your clan to invite only. Solves issue with constant player join and spam and leave.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    Set your clan to invite only. Solves issue with constant player join and spam and leave.
    Unfortunately, this is not the best decision. If the clan is by invitation only, almost no one joins. Because in the "Suggested clans", preference is given to open clans.

I understand, it's simple, don't need to do additional administration functionality. But this is bad decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterx215 View Post
    My suggestion: need to expand the clan administrations (leader, co-leader) administration functionality - add the "ban user" button even when the player has already left the clan. It is strange that there is no such functionality, because the COC is famous for its thoughtfulness.
    Often suggested is to allow clans to maintain a Whitelist and a Blacklist. The Whitelist would allow those specified to "join on demand" to allow hopping between Sister Clans for example. The Blackist would be the "banned list", those whom cannot join if Open, nor request entry if Request Only.

I agree that both list would be a welcome addition.

I will add that in my opinion, a Blacklist could provide them with a monitoring tool. For example, if a player was "banned" from 25 clans in 30 days, then that would be a red flag as to why so many bans. Suspect bots would be banned by many clans this raising the red flag.
    Last edited by rowman; August 5th, 2020 at 12:55 PM.

Forum Superstar
    Can you increase your trophies?

Unfortunately, this is not the best decision. If the clan is by invitation only, almost no one joins. Because in the "Suggested clans", preference is given to open clans.

I understand, it's simple, don't need to do additional administration functionality. But this is bad decision.
    I understand your issue. A blacklist has been requested many times and guess most of us maybe all would use it.
    But it will not stop players from joins-pam-leave.

How about set a minimum required th level or minimum trophy?

Pro Member
    I was visiting a clan and saw this same thing. We had a TH9 and we upped the cups, we got TH10s with higher cups.
    The TH10 had over 1400 cups. On invite only, how high can we go and still have the clan joinable.
    I know invite fixes (my clan is invite) but new clans will struggle with invite only.
    I reported using the report and also in game with screenshots. Account still exists. Supercell do nothing.
    To Solve we need:
    Black/Ban list
    Also need to be able to ban after they leave the clan
    Support that actually does something about it
    Last edited by vansimon; August 5th, 2020 at 01:23 PM.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 16 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L60 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L57 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 3700+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65| GW 40 | RC: L11 | Max Trophies: 5000+

The story of how our clan's chat turned into a spam trash can.
    Recently, a spammer has been visiting our clan regularly (20 times a day). He joins, advertises his site and immediately leaves, we do not have time to kick him, because he does it within 2-3 seconds. Most likely, this is not even a person - a program / bot.

And yes, I wrote in support - they said they would check this account. But the problem is that support responds very slowly and checks even longer - during this time he managed to join hundreds or thousands of clans. In addition, he has more than one such account.
    The "report" button does not work, it does not give any effect.

Example:

[Redacted by forum moderator]
    what you have descibed is a bot its not a person at all these things have been around forvever and adding a ban user option really wouldnt fix the problem as we are not talking a handful of these things theres a lot of them and as quick as they can be removed more new ones appear which in effect makes the ban user option pretty null and void as others have said the only real option you have is to set the clan to invite i know your concerned about recruitment but theres other options available for that eg create a recruitment post on the forum in the recruitment section , have to admit i would never think of joining any clan thats set to open in the first place as i tend to think hmm open clan equals no standards eg war hoppers ,rushers,clan hoppers are free to join then i think hmm theres no controls in place over the standard of the chat eg randoms can turn up leave abusive messages then disappear while the leader is still offline so for me and probs a lot of players joining a open clan just would never happen in the first place
    yes my english writing skills are rubbish and lacks punctuation i am very well aware of this so please keep all comments and pm clash related all i want to do is chat not be reminded how poor my education is thanks

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrlk View Post
    what you have descibed is a bot its not a person at all these things have been around forvever and adding a ban user option really wouldnt fix the problem as we are not talking a handful of these things theres a lot of them and as quick as they can be removed more new ones appear which in effect makes the ban user option pretty null and void as others have said the only real option you have is to set the clan to invite i know your concerned about recruitment but theres other options available for that eg create a recruitment post on the forum in the recruitment section , have to admit i would never think of joining any clan thats set to open in the first place as i tend to think hmm open clan equals no standards eg war hoppers ,rushers,clan hoppers are free to join then i think hmm theres no controls in place over the standard of the chat eg randoms can turn up leave abusive messages then disappear while the leader is still offline so for me and probs a lot of players joining a open clan just would never happen in the first place
    We had the same account join ten times... if I ban it, it doesn’t join again...So it does help.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 16 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L60 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L57 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 3700+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65| GW 40 | RC: L11 | Max Trophies: 5000+

Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    We had the same account join ten times... if I ban it, it doesn’t join again...So it does help.
    For that one account only. Those spam/scam people will adapt and create numerous other accounts to join-spam-leave clans.
    Setting invite or minimum townhall/trophy is the only option to stop those people.