Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When and where was the last time you saw Golems in a serious war attack?

there’s a few troops that have become irrelevant at 13, like giants, valks, etc. it seems they are more interested in introducing new flavours or super flavours than they are in trying to balance out the old.......

almost done my profile......

Millennial Club
    About 3-4 yrs ago...when TH11 was the max TH and some people were still trying GoWiPe, not realizing that attack died atleast a year earlier.

Haven't seen a serious golem attack since...they are all a joke. Until the golem gets an speed upgrade, they will likely not be used. Especially as bases are more spread out now to counter eDrags and Bowlers.
    Last edited by pb913; August 5th, 2020 at 02:04 PM.

New Bloke/Chick
    To be honest I recently saw someone use a classic bowitch in ESL qualifiers last month

Centennial Club
    BoWitch is one of the few prevalent use cases of Golem I've observed. However, people tend to use giants with BoWitch in most cases as the bases are spread out wide.

Movement speed isn't really the core issue I feel because there exist troops you can pair it up with which match the movement speed but the value one can get out of Golems is declining because the buff through research (it's +500HP for TH13, meh) doesn't feel enough to counter increase in defensive power with increasing town hall levels.

Quote Originally Posted by pb913 View Post
    About 3-4 yrs ago...when TH11 was the max TH and some people were still trying GoWiPe, not realizing that attack died atleast a year earlier.

Haven't seen a serious golem attack since...they are all a joke. Until the golem gets an speed upgrade, they will likely not be used. Especially as bases are more spread out now to counter eDrags and Bowlers.
    Same. When Th11 came out and had the ridiculous 3x Eagle damage vs Golems, Golems died in the meta and never recovered.

Reducing the golems down to 25 housing space would bring them back into the meta. Right now, they are too space heavy when other ground units are more value per space.

Pekkas - 25 space great damage
    Ice golems - 2x 15 space. That's a lot of frozen time.
    Giants and super giants - 5 & 10 space in the current single inferno meta

Banned
    Nope.
    But can think of a few possibilities.

Only the most elite of the most elite use golems to devastating effects.
    OR
    They are very base basic specific
    OR
    That's the beauty of the game. It evolves. Imagine if gowipe was still viable. As more and more troops are introduced, old troops NEED TO die for ...umm..reasons.

I think these are all the reasons golems (are or) aren't used.

when I was in th9