Thread: Fishing tips?

Fishing tips?

I am down to just a few fish to complete my book!

I know my remaining ones all need small circles, and I know the lures needed and which spots.... but does anyone have any tips on catching the following:

Speckled dace- gold weight (spot 6/yellow)

Gold trout- platinum weight (spot 3/yellow)

Brook trout- gold weight (spot 8/ blue or green)

Does time of day matter?

Thanks!
    Kathy

Time doesn't matter. You've captured the important, obvious points. As long as you're fishing in the right spot with the right lure, all that is left is to try and isolate when you have the actual fish on.

Fortunately, with the three that you have left, there is one common theme - once it's hooked, it's aggressive. The most common fish I catch with the gold lure/small circle is the Rudd. He generally fights slower and less darty. If that's what you're seeing, let it go and start over. Here are the notes I have for these fish:
    Speckled Dace - Spot6/Gold/Small circle - Aggressive to very aggressive, darts around a lot. Is fairly easy to catch though. Even though he can be aggressive, he gives up fairly easy.

Golden Trout - Spot3/Gold/Small circle - Aggressive to very aggressive. Will run more line out than most darty fish, but still catches fairly easily once you've settled them down.

Brook Trout - Spot8/Green and Blue/Small circle - Very aggressive and doesn't give up easily. I like to use the blue lure here as you are less likely to get other darty fish on that seem more associated with the green lure. If you get a small circle, aggressive fish in spot 8 with a blue lure, it is either a salmon or brook trout.

Happy fishing.

I just went on and fished spot 8 with a blue lure until i got a very aggressive fish....and I caught a salmon. If I recall, the salmon fights even more aggressively and longer than the brook trout. I can tell you the one I just caught did. Hope this helps.

Final note, I was finally able to complete my fishing book with the help of the boosters. The toughest is when you're trying to catch anything smaller than platinum. Catching your gold weight fish may just come down to pure luck and how friendly hay day is feeling. The skill involved is isolating the exact fish as you familiarize yourself with the way they fight.

Thank y'all so much,

I was hoping there was a secret to these last ones.... like early morning still in a night, or holding your head just right, feet up or down etc...!

Kathy