Thread: How does Ernest affect stacking?

Pro Member
    alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA

How does Ernest affect stacking?

If I had 40 syrups stacked in the sugarmill (slots all empty at this point) and I hired Ernest to produce brown sugar, are those syrups still stacked? I am guessing Ernest will make the brown sugar and put it directly into his storage bin.

I have always "turned off" Ernest totally when I start stacking syrups (set him to produce zero sugars and syrups). It just occurred to me that perhaps I don't need to. He could continue produce sugars while my syrups are still stacked...maybe?

Centennial Club
    He will make brown sugars to put in his inventory and your syrups would remain staked.

This is assuming you also do not have him make any syrups in which case he will take off your stack....

Pro Member
    alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Thanks John, for your info. That's very helpful to know. So after I have stacked enough goat cheese and syrups for the derby I can turn Ernest back on and let him continue making other dairies and sugars to put in his storage. I had been turning him off when I started stacking and it was such a waste of Ernest when he just stands around doing nothing for the rest of the time I had hired him for.