Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Lightning Spell!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    A single legend log for a single day really doesnít say all that much either
    Ok, maybe I wasn't clear enough - I was making a hypothetical comparison of a Lengends log showing all 3's (but not showing the day prior which is all 1 star attacks) and a YouTuber. I believe everyone who has half a brain knows a YT cherry pick replays, that's how they get views which we know the end result to that equation

Whenever thereís a new strategy in town which may result in a handful of 3 stars in the hands of a skilled attacker the nerf brigade comes in calls in the whaaaambulance and and cries how horribly OP something is.
    I always get disappointed when I read things like this from mods/admins on all forums. Some of these players that call the *whaaaambulance* are paying players - They have all the right to voice their opinion whether you disagree, sick of hearing it, or simply just don't want to read it. At the end of the day it makes constructive criticism (which we can hope) makes an even playing field for all. (and their funds go to new content which everyone can enjoy)

Well if lightening was that horribly OP for the end games as you claim then weíd have hordes of people complaining
    and it would be all over the place on these forums
    I haven't said its OP or claimed it is. I said to a well seasoned attacker that knows pathing and value for damage, the zap combo is deadly. In saying that, you can clearly see in this thread there are people who aren't happy with the change - But just so we are clear, I couldn't care what they've changed buffed/nerfed in regards to lightning or if people use it against me in Legends/War/CWL. In short: Go Nuts.

and in wars weíd see no other strategies used.
    We see none of that.
    Well no, people don't live on Clash. They aren't watching replays, going on forums, watching YT videos etc. Apart from the other thousand reasons, some people stick to 'Old Faithful' because they're comfortable with what they know.

Anyways OP, good luck on your adventure to move a mountain my little friend.
    I'm the last of the kings, the King of Kings.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #82
    Whenever there’s a new strategy in town which may result in a handful of 3 stars in the hands of a skilled attacker the nerf brigade comes in calls in the whaaaambulance and and cries how horribly OP something is.
    Well if lightening was that horribly OP for the end games as you claim then we’d have hordes of people complaining
    and it would be all over the place on these forums
    and one of the only subjects people talk about around here
    and legends would be 3 starred with it left and right
    and in wars we’d see no other strategies used.
    We see none of that.
    Just to add to this, I've just checked the defence logs for my two low legend bases - 34 defences each.

1st Base - tripled 3 times altogether (none using zaps), not one single zap spell used in the entire list.

2nd base - Tripled twice altogether (neither with zaps). Two attacks using zap spells. 1 used 7, got 69% 2 star, the other used 2, got 50% 1 star.

So in a total of 68 defences, just two where zaps were used at all, neither of which got anywhere near 3 stars. That doesn't look OP to me at that level.

The zap spell is not OP.Its just another strategy new to the game.OP probably got 3* by a well planned zap attack and is mad that their base couldn't defend.The bases need time to adjust to the current meta.The zap spell isn't even used all that much I rarely see them being used in cwl (we're in champion 3 right now).I have seen a lot of zap attacks fail too.The new lighting spell is in no way OP it's just another fun strategy.OP u need to work on your base building instead of this pointless ranting.If it was OP then everyone would be using it and getting 3* or at least a high percentage attack but I am not seeing that.
    Last edited by clasher0011; August 4th, 2020 at 09:33 AM.

Hi

I have a level 6 lightning spell 🤣

I dont have a Townhall 10 currently, but only 3 of the last 30 attacks on the defence log of my Townhall 9 are Zap-Dragon attacks. Two of them are 2-stars and one of them is a 3-star. On the defence log of my Townhall 11 on the other hand, there has not been a single Zap-dragon attack in the last 30 defences. I dont think that this would have been the case, if the lightning spell was too OP.

I like the new lightning spell, before it was quite useless, ... last time I used it regulary was when th7 only hat 2 airdefences, no airsweeper xD.
    Only with my mini th8 zap/quake dragloon was a nearly 100% 3 star , even with the old lightning spell.
    But no use with higher townhalls...
    sorry for my english - not a native english speaker
    th13 Q/K/W/C 75/74/50/20

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #87
    Quote Originally Posted by AMPN View Post
    Ok, maybe I wasn't clear enough - I was making a hypothetical comparison of a Lengends log showing all 3's (but not showing the day prior which is all 1 star attacks) and a YouTuber. I believe everyone who has half a brain knows a YT cherry pick replays, that's how they get views which we know the end result to that equation

I always get disappointed when I read things like this from mods/admins on all forums. Some of these players that call the *whaaaambulance* are paying players - They have all the right to voice their opinion whether you disagree, sick of hearing it, or simply just don't want to read it. At the end of the day it makes constructive criticism (which we can hope) makes an even playing field for all. (and their funds go to new content which everyone can enjoy)

I haven't said its OP or claimed it is. I said to a well seasoned attacker that knows pathing and value for damage, the zap combo is deadly. In saying that, you can clearly see in this thread there are people who aren't happy with the change - But just so we are clear, I couldn't care what they've changed buffed/nerfed in regards to lightning or if people use it against me in Legends/War/CWL. In short: Go Nuts.

Well no, people don't live on Clash. They aren't watching replays, going on forums, watching YT videos etc. Apart from the other thousand reasons, some people stick to 'Old Faithful' because they're comfortable with what they know.

Anyways OP, good luck on your adventure to move a mountain my little friend.
    The problem with cherry picking whether itís youtube videos or someone only showing legend league 3 stars and not all the other attacks is that it gives a very distorted view and thus it canít be used as an argument to claim whether something is OP or even UP. You really need a more complete picture. Just like we often tend to hear stories when support screws up but we hardly ever hear the good stories. It gives a distorted view of something being really wrong when in fact lots of things go correctly.

Alright I will give you that one, I have worded it a bit strongly and itís not because Iím tired of hearing about it or anything and yes it is valuable feedback. However every time such a discussion emerges when generally most people disagree with a topic starter that something is OP theyíre often given the advice to re-evaluate their base (or their strategy) and take action. But no they donít want to hear they need to put in some work and re design a base or copy a better one. If nothing ever changed weíd still be using the same bases we were using 6 years ago. Thereís a reason why bases evolve even within a TH level. Itís similar to people always blaming their troops whenever they fail when in fact they often fail on something like a funnel for example. You must have seen such players in game.

For a well seasoned attacker who knows pathing lots of combos are lethal. Sometimes I see a well executed e drag(loon) attack or QW attack or hybrid attack and sometimes they 3 star that doesnít make it OP (which is what weíre supposed to believe in this thread) Itís merely a new strategy that was added and just like Christmas Day kids like to play with the new toys too. Letís also not forget that this thread is getting murky with regards to discussing the topic for various different TH levels. It wouldíve been better if we had more information to go on from the get go.

My point was that if something is so horribly OP then all we would see is that combo each in own personal experiences of wars and multiplayer defenses as everyone would be using the same thing. Since thatís not the case (because if it was these forums would be flooded with it as they have in the past when something was op) we can conclude it isnít as OP as OP makes it out to be.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Well here's my 2 cents:

When I first saw the lighting spell take out complete clan castles, voiding any defensive troops, I thought the spell was too OP as well. Especially when the cc could be combined with a scatter or the enemy AQ.

Then bases adapted fast, and the problem seemed hardly to exist. Yes you can zap cc, but no decent base has multiple key defenses within reach of the same zap spells anymore. So let them zap your cc: There are hardly any spells left for the actual battle after that. Same goes with any defense they zap: it comes with a cost: less spells for the attack.

Only bases that still have key defenses grouped are tripled by using zap spells, and they should. Any base that does not update against the new meta after an update, is obsolete. So if you get tripled often in LL (or war), it means you need a new base. I hardly see any triple against my base and certainly not many zaps.

For my TH13 in legends (I'm floating around 5200 cups right now, not super-high), only 1 of my last 20 defenses included zaps.

For my TH12 that hangs out in masters league, only 2 of my last 20 defenses had zaps.

For my perma-max TH10, 9 of the last 20 defenses had zaps (a couple of those used only 1) - but I'm not farming on this account, and as such haven't adapted my base to account for this.

Granted, this is an incredibly small sample size, and is of itself not indicative of anything. As is any one player's experience with their own defenses and/or YouTube views.

If the lightning spell is broken, someone should tell the people attacking me.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images

Fresh Spawn
    New lightning is really OP when used correctly. You still need to work around with very few spells for rest of attack.
    On side note, can someone pls help me out on how many lvl 8 lightning needed to take out lvl3 eagle?
    FYI, i'm a th11 going against a th12 in CWL.