Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Lightning Spell!!!!

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #61
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I haven't tried to figure it out, but it wouldn't surprise me to find max th10 timing now isn't much different than max th8 back when I did it. So, it would make sense to me that th10 is as easy to 3 star now as th8 was when I reached max th8.
    My mini is a TH11 and hasnít been a TH11 that long. It was fairly recently it was still a TH10 and I only have 1 mini so not a whole lot either... and that statement right there is pretty accurate. For me it was so much faster to breeze through TH10 with the hugely reduced upgrade time and cost. Heck a cannon which once was a 12 day upgrade now doesnít take more then a bomb upgrade in TH10.

With my experience of many more years of play and I found it pretty easy to 3 star TH10s left and right something I absolutely could not the first time around.

Speaking to first time TH10 players though theyíre often still very afraid of infernos and have the greatest trouble with them for example.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Iím retiring, game is completely broken at this point, whatís the point of a cc when they can just get rid of it lol, oh well was a fun 6 years or so

Quote Originally Posted by farenhawk View Post
    Iím retiring, game is completely broken at this point, whatís the point of a cc when they can just get rid of it lol, oh well was a fun 6 years or so
    Do us a solid, put your storage and TH on the outside. Appreciate it.

-me

I’m retiring, game is completely broken at this point, what’s the point of a cc when they can just get rid of it lol, oh well was a fun 6 years or so
    I guess the point would be to make the attacker burn 7 zaps and a quake? I will happily give up my cc for that much offense burned if that is all they get out of it. How much value do you usually get out of your defending cc troops? I don't usually get 8 spell space worth of value from them.

I'm surprised you are quitting with the idea that apparently you think it is too hard to defend. Meanwhile, in my clan, experienced th13s are getting bored and frustrated with the inability to 3 star.
    Last edited by 2222; August 3rd, 2020 at 11:24 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

I’m retiring, game is completely broken at this point, what’s the point of a cc when they can just get rid of it lol, oh well was a fun 6 years or so
    Dang. We were actually having a good debate until this.

Bases are adapting. Spending 8 spell space to get rid of the cc is a heavy cost. With a little bit of spacing, you get no extra value. Pretty good tradeoff on defense imo. It certainly doesnt guarantee a 3 star. Speaking for th11 and 13.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Base design/Spacing doesn't make much of a difference - if you're against a maxed 13, it isn't just the CC you have the option of taking down, you might get a hero, a sweeper or completely switch it up and take out a EA or Inferno+Scatter with whatever is around it.

With a seasoned attacker and the Zap combo in his pocket he can 3 star you. Carbonfin does it without breaking a sweat. and Personally I haven't used Hogs/Lava/Lightning is many moons, but the first time I used ZapHogs, I 3 Starred a maxed 13 with a damn solid base design with heaps of hogs left over.
    I'm the last of the kings, the King of Kings.

Quote Originally Posted by AMPN View Post
    Base design/Spacing doesn't make much of a difference - if you're against a maxed 13, it isn't just the CC you have the option of taking down, you might get a hero, a sweeper or completely switch it up and take out a EA or Inferno+Scatter with whatever is around it.

With a seasoned attacker and the Zap combo in his pocket he can 3 star you. Carbonfin does it without breaking a sweat. and Personally I haven't used Hogs/Lava/Lightning is many moons, but the first time I used ZapHogs, I 3 Starred a maxed 13 with a damn solid base design with heaps of hogs left over.
    Carbon attacks with all goblins and 3 stars without breaking a sweat. Whatdoes that have to do with use mere mortals?
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Carbon attacks with all goblins and 3 stars without breaking a sweat. Whatdoes that have to do with use mere mortals?
    Refer to the sentence after that, us mere mortals can touch the gods also lol
    I'm the last of the kings, the King of Kings.

Forum Elder
    Refer to the sentence after that, us mere mortals can touch the gods also lol
    Wehave a couple folks in my clan who are quite successful three starring max 13 with hogs but no zaps. To me, if no one is three starring them with hogs and then suddenly they start three starring because of the zap, then I might believe zap was the critical component. i dont believe that is the case however.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Of course spacing matters. Put a bunch of high power defense right next to the cc and you open yourself up to have the cc and all that defense go down to zaps. I wouldn't rely much on your one experience with it. That doesn't show much of anything. I do pay attention to the 16 legends attacks/defenses I see on both my legends accounts every day, the results from my other mates' in legends, our CWL results, our classic war results, etc. That tells me much more than random attacks or, even worse, youtube attacks. It will be interesting to see what the 3 star rate is for the Champs1 clans this month. What is your guess?

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.