Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 122

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Lightning Spell!!!!

  1. #41
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaagelus View Post
    What people don't get that th10s start see zap-dragon attacks every single time in normal farming also, because it has zero change to fail. One our th10 village had one time defense log full on same strat attack. It gets old.

    I have very close to maxed th13 village and another close to max th11, so this doens't affect me at all.

    But. This kind of balance problems turns players away from game if they don't get fixed.
    That I can agree with. My worry is they will do a blanket nerf instead of th10 focused. It's not op at 11 plus. One caveat, it would be interesting to see someone load up on freezes and try the bb spam. I dont have a 10 to try it.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #42
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Rundum Hause
    Posts
    12,035
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    I don’t have a problem with that, matter of fact I don’t have a problem with not allowing siege machines at TH9 or 10 either.
    If they would do that and don’t allow TH10 their sieges and troops and spells they can’t have and cap their level at where they are and generally turn back the clock you wouldn’t find it that well balanced as you think.

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

  3. #43
    Millennial Club Night Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    If they would do that and don’t allow TH10 their sieges and troops and spells they can’t have and cap their level at where they are and generally turn back the clock you wouldn’t find it that well balanced as you think.
    then they need to do some balancing of the troops and such wouldn’t they? lol which in my opinion, is what should’ve happened in the first place

  4. #44
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    then they need to do some balancing of the troops and such wouldn’t they? lol which in my opinion, is what should’ve happened in the first place
    Why? Just so you can be happy perma maxing? Balancing it based on players getting goodies from their clanmates encourages looking for and building good clans. It also entices people to move up to get such goodies for themselves. Not park. In addition, th10 should not be challenging for you or me. It is the minor leagues. If they made it that way, new players would be toast. There is no comparison between the skills and experience of a multi account player and a newbie. It cannot be balanced for both. As for the current kerfuffle over bb drag zap spam, it's not the first, nor will it be the last, to be labeled the attack that broke clash. It gets clicks. Sometimes, they are even right and a nerf follows. Who knows?
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  5. #45
    Millennial Club Night Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    It absolutely should not remain the same as it is. If TH10 remained the same as it was when TH10 was the biggest shark in the pool and “finished” with all levels etc then you would call it imbalanced just as you now call TH13 etc unbalanced. TH10 was in that same difficulty level at that point.
    This sense of “well balanced” only exists briefly because the game has moved on and when the game moves on even more it gets easier.

    Furthermore, when the new model of something comes out it needs to be better then the old model and generally the old model gets devalued and becomes cheaper as a result. The same thing happens in clash. As a TH level becomes more and more irrelevant it’s important it gets somewhat easier, if it becomes too difficult for a lot of players - which it would be if it still had the same balance as when TH10 was on top - then a lot of players just get afraid and the task ahead is too much and they wouldn’t be able to catch up either.

    You would need to look through the glasses of a new player and not as someone who’s playing the second, third or however many times around and perma maxes. If you look through those glasses of a new player you would actually think that each TH level the difficulty gets upped a slight notch and is challenging. To a first time player TH10 is challenging as they learn the ropes of dealing with infernos and learn to use new troops they unlock etc. The first time I faced an Xbow it was might impressive. The first time facing infernos was scary chizzle. So this IS already very much part of the game except for a player who’s been around the block a few times who’s learned a lot more and applies that knowledge now.

    If you can simply zap something and spam away dragons then the base is no darn good to start with.
    sorry Kat, gonna have to disagree once again.

    If the TH level is ‘balanced’ that would mean it is at a level whereby you can have fun and be somewhat successful. It should not be so easy due to one spell giving you the ability to take out defences which enables you to blindly spam a troop and not have a care in the world. That is severely unbalanced, and that is what is happening at TH10 right now. You couldn’t do that when you or I were a TH10, so why should you be able to do it now?
    Before SC progresses in TH levels, they should take care in ensuring that the current top TH level is adequately balanced for the majority of the players, so that the majority of the players are ready to embark on the new journey of advancement. But to date, they have not necessarily paid enough attention to that fact. Rather they rush full steam ahead saying “hey guys get ready for the next level, yah we know this level isn’t really working that well, but hey we have some new toys for you to play with!!” so people forget about how absurdly hard TH11 is at the top, so they bypass it as quickly as they can to get to the new TH12 hoping that it will be better balanced.

    you will please note the word “majority”, it does not say the “elite”

  6. #46
    Millennial Club Night Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Why? Just so you can be happy perma maxing? Balancing it based on players getting goodies from their clanmates encourages looking for and building good clans. It also entices people to move up to get such goodies for themselves. Not park. In addition, th10 should not be challenging for you or me. It is the minor leagues. If they made it that way, new players would be toast. There is no comparison between the skills and experience of a multi account player and a newbie. It cannot be balanced for both. As for the current kerfuffle over bb drag zap spam, it's not the first, nor will it be the last, to be labeled the attack that broke clash. It gets clicks. Sometimes, they are even right and a nerf follows. Who knows?
    if I want to perma max a TH then I should be able to do so and not be hindered by the addition of a new level of spell making it so absurdly easy to now just spam troops, that’s not the purpose of the game. I should be able to perma max my TH and enter competitions for that TH level and be challenged accordingly. If I choose to move up in levels then I can do so, which I’m guessing the majority of players do.

  7. #47
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    if I want to perma max a TH then I should be able to do so and not be hindered by the addition of a new level of spell making it so absurdly easy to now just spam troops, that’s not the purpose of the game. I should be able to perma max my TH and enter competitions for that TH level and be challenged accordingly. If I choose to move up in levels then I can do so, which I’m guessing the majority of players do.
    So your real issue appears to be related to how well opponents do against you rather than how well you do against them, correct?
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  8. #48
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    if I want to perma max a TH then I should be able to do so and not be hindered by the addition of a new level of spell making it so absurdly easy to now just spam troops, that’s not the purpose of the game. I should be able to perma max my TH and enter competitions for that TH level and be challenged accordingly. If I choose to move up in levels then I can do so, which I’m guessing the majority of players do.
    Then those competitions should set rules just like no dip leagues do. No use of x spell. No use of cc troops higher than x. Etc. You get your perfect world. Everyone else can carry on. The zap may well be op at th10 and may need adjustment. That doesnt mean th10 should stay stagnant though. I didnt quote your other post but one comment caught my eye. Th11 is pretty balanced in my opinion based on our first time 11s. War 3s are a challenge but not overly difficult either. 11 reminds me of 9 in the old days.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  9. #49
    Millennial Club shepherdgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,366
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEforMOTHER View Post
    That's the point.With lightning spell you need no strategy anymore at th10(from where 3 zap per ad starts).Just destroy four ad and spam 24 baby drags.often 4 to 5 swag baby drags left as GG showed in the video.
    Lightning is ok only when we don't care about the fault made in th10.
    in th10 , 3 zap per ad is wrong. lvl 6- 320 -----> lvl 7 - 400 , 

    I didn’t read the whole thread, but I have a maxed th10 (just working on finishing king and walls) and it’s been attacked with lightning/air 10 times so far. 6 1-stars, 1 2-star, FOUR 0star fails and no 3-stars. Ground is still more reliable at th10, lightning just made air slightly more viable than it used to be (which was execrable).

  10. #50
    Millennial Club Night Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    So your real issue appears to be related to how well opponents do against you rather than how well you do against them, correct?
    no not in the slightest, I could care less either way. I am talking about TH levels being balanced that is all.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •