Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 122

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Lightning Spell!!!!

  1. #31
    Yes, every TH should have each own level of difficulty. TH10 was prety easy before the change of zap. It made easier for those players more focused on dragon attack.
    I used GiBoWitch in war and my triple rate was pretty high. That’s not the reason to make an old TH level difficult. Because it’s a long journey to TH13.

  2. #32
    Millennial Club Night Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post

    TH10 was good, it was fun, and its in the past, relatively speaking.
    it’s only in the past if you want it to be, if you are there right now then it is in the present and it should be challenging enough to teach you how to use different strategies, it shouldn’t be made easier by increasing the dps of the troops and spells.
    of course those of us who have been there and learned the strategies that can be done at that level will say; “oh it’s meant to be easy and it shouldn’t be relevant”, well yes it should be, all the levels in the game should be relevant in order to teach people who have never been at that level before the proper way to play rather than just spamming spells and troops.
    personally I have so far have a maxed 11,12 and 13 and working on getting my 10, I enjoy these different levels each for their own purpose, and when they get altered to become easy then they are no longer enjoyable, and that shouldn’t happen, they should remain challenging.

    Oh, and I also have a perma 6, just to remind me of what life is like before heros etc
    Last edited by Night Crawler; August 3rd, 2020 at 08:08 PM.

  3. #33
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    hmmm, see that’s where you and I disagree. I believe that each TH level should have it’s own level of difficulty and once that level becomes “balanced” to the point of being, let’s say; challenging enough yet not overly difficult or easy, then it should remain as it is, it should not change and they can do that by leaving the troops and spells alone at that level.
    It should be the player that decides that they have become proficient enough to progress to the next level. It should not be SC that is dictating that this level has become irrelevant so we will make it easier for the players at that level by increasing the zap spell so that they will progress faster.
    By spamming dragons because you are able to use 7 zap spells to take out sweepers, ADs etc does not “teach” the player the basics of gameplay, matter of fact, spamming in general, teaches us nothing other than whatever it is we are spamming is overpowered at that particular level.
    In that case, cc troops should be capped at the player's level and no troops not unlocked at that town hall should be allowed. Then, and only then can your perfect utopia of balance be maintained.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  4. #34
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    it’s only in the past if you want it to be, if you are there right now then it is in the present and it should be challenging enough to teach you how to use different strategies, it shouldn’t be made easier by increasing the dps of the troops and spells.
    of course those of us who have been there and learned the strategies that can be done at that level will say; “oh it’s meant to be easy and it shouldn’t be relevant”, well yes it should be, all the levels in the game should be relevant in order to teach people who have never been at that level before the proper way to play rather than just spamming spells and troops.
    personally I have so far have a maxed 11,12 and 13 and working on getting my 10, I enjoy these different levels each for their own purpose, and when they get altered to become easy then they are no longer enjoyable, and that shouldn’t happen, they should remain challenging.

    Oh, and I also have a perma 6, just to remind me of what life is like before heros etc
    Last time I checked, as long as you are not cheating or breaking the terms of service, there is no “proper” way of playing. You can max, rush, strategic rush, engineer in whatever form you like and they are all proper playstyles.

    The same thought applies to attack strategy or lack thereof. You can plan a complicated multiphase attack, you can go with a simpler mix of troops or you can spam willy nilly, none are improper playstyles.

    For those who are already past TH10 but still enjoy playing at that level, you can continue to do so. Your attacks can be as complicated as you like but your freshie opponents will no longer be cannon fodder and can three star you back a bunch easier but since you like the challenge of three starring with a more difficult strategy,your enjoyment is not reduced in any way at all.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  5. #35
    Millennial Club Night Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    In that case, cc troops should be capped at the player's level and no troops not unlocked at that town hall should be allowed. Then, and only then can your perfect utopia of balance be maintained.
    I don’t have a problem with that, matter of fact I don’t have a problem with not allowing siege machines at TH9 or 10 either.

  6. #36
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,130
    What people don't get that th10s start see zap-dragon attacks every single time in normal farming also, because it has zero change to fail. One our th10 village had one time defense log full on same strat attack. It gets old.

    I have very close to maxed th13 village and another close to max th11, so this doens't affect me at all.

    But. This kind of balance problems turns players away from game if they don't get fixed.

  7. #37
    Millennial Club Night Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Last time I checked, as long as you are not cheating or breaking the terms of service, there is no “proper” way of playing. You can max, rush, strategic rush, engineer in whatever form you like and they are all proper playstyles.

    The same thought applies to attack strategy or lack thereof. You can plan a complicated multiphase attack, you can go with a simpler mix of troops or you can spam willy nilly, none are improper playstyles.

    For those who are already past TH10 but still enjoy playing at that level, you can continue to do so. Your attacks can be as complicated as you like but your freshie opponents will no longer be cannon fodder and can three star you back a bunch easier but since you like the challenge of three starring with a more difficult strategy,your enjoyment is not reduced in any way at all.
    no one is saying that you can’t play the way you want. What is being said is that if the TH level is balanced, leave it alone, there is no need to adjust the troop/defence or spell levels. The more they are messed with, the further out of whack they become.

  8. #38
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    no one is saying that you can’t play the way you want. What is being said is that if the TH level is balanced, leave it alone, there is no need to adjust the troop/defence or spell levels. The more they are messed with, the further out of whack they become.
    I am sorry, perhaps I replied to the wrong post. I thought it was you who stated that there is a proper way of playing and that spamming wasn’t proper.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  9. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaagelus View Post
    What people don't get that th10s start see zap-dragon attacks every single time in normal farming also, because it has zero change to fail. One our th10 village had one time defense log full on same strat attack. It gets old.
    Expensive in time and elixir to farm with dragons IMO. I did use with TH8 since I had multiple accounts to wait for troops and no way to spend elixir.

  10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #40
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Rundum Hause
    Posts
    12,034
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Crawler View Post
    hmmm, see that’s where you and I disagree. I believe that each TH level should have it’s own level of difficulty and once that level becomes “balanced” to the point of being, let’s say; challenging enough yet not overly difficult or easy, then it should remain as it is, it should not change and they can do that by leaving the troops and spells alone at that level.
    It should be the player that decides that they have become proficient enough to progress to the next level. It should not be SC that is dictating that this level has become irrelevant so we will make it easier for the players at that level by increasing the zap spell so that they will progress faster.
    By spamming dragons because you are able to use 7 zap spells to take out sweepers, ADs etc does not “teach” the player the basics of gameplay, matter of fact, spamming in general, teaches us nothing other than whatever it is we are spamming is overpowered at that particular level.
    It absolutely should not remain the same as it is. If TH10 remained the same as it was when TH10 was the biggest shark in the pool and “finished” with all levels etc then you would call it imbalanced just as you now call TH13 etc unbalanced. TH10 was in that same difficulty level at that point.
    This sense of “well balanced” only exists briefly because the game has moved on and when the game moves on even more it gets easier.

    Furthermore, when the new model of something comes out it needs to be better then the old model and generally the old model gets devalued and becomes cheaper as a result. The same thing happens in clash. As a TH level becomes more and more irrelevant it’s important it gets somewhat easier, if it becomes too difficult for a lot of players - which it would be if it still had the same balance as when TH10 was on top - then a lot of players just get afraid and the task ahead is too much and they wouldn’t be able to catch up either.

    You would need to look through the glasses of a new player and not as someone who’s playing the second, third or however many times around and perma maxes. If you look through those glasses of a new player you would actually think that each TH level the difficulty gets upped a slight notch and is challenging. To a first time player TH10 is challenging as they learn the ropes of dealing with infernos and learn to use new troops they unlock etc. The first time I faced an Xbow it was might impressive. The first time facing infernos was scary chizzle. So this IS already very much part of the game except for a player who’s been around the block a few times who’s learned a lot more and applies that knowledge now.

    If you can simply zap something and spam away dragons then the base is no darn good to start with.

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •