Thread: Account recovery

Account recovery

You need to provide a new feature for account recovery like supercell code that helps in avoiding the phishing attempts.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Armaan3000 View Post
    You need to provide a new feature for account recovery like supercell code that helps in avoiding the phishing attempts.
    What phishing attempts. I can't imagine an in-game phishing attempt in this game. Are you talking about phishing attempts on unaffiliated websites?

I think the SC ID has addressed the issue to a great extent but I would like to see something like email account recovery options which will be convenient for both players and SC alike. Some security questions, password history, or any recovery option would be great for those who need it.
    Old men start wars, young men fight them, and everyone in the middle gets killed. War is natural; Peace is accidental.

Thinking about SC-ID I would like to mention an additional idea.

When SC-IDs have been configured on one or multiple devices (smartphone, tablet, bluestack, ...) it is impossible to invalidate them unless you have access to each device and its SC-ID login screen where you could delete them.
    I think there would some option / portal / app functionality helpful that would allow for a global invalidation of all formerly stored SC-ID logons.
    This function should be secured by another token sent to the email that's linked to the SC-ID.
    When this token is validated a new "sequence" of logon is created which would all other stored logins - carrying older sequences - become outdated/invalid.

And yet another idea:
    Changing the email address could be managed using the following approach:
    Sending a token to the old email address, validation, entering the new email address, sending a second token to the new email address, updating the SC-ID with the new email after validation of the second token.
    For security reasons - avoiding abuse like trading accounts - this should only be possible after a cooldown period of 6 months (or so).
    This way we would not need to involve SC in-game support the manage this.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by NordPohl View Post
    Thinking about SC-ID I would like to mention an additional idea.

When SC-IDs have been configured on one or multiple devices (smartphone, tablet, bluestack, ...) it is impossible to invalidate them unless you have access to each device and its SC-ID login screen where you could delete them.
    I think there would some option / portal / app functionality helpful that would allow for a global invalidation of all formerly stored SC-ID logons.
    This function should be secured by another token sent to the email that's linked to the SC-ID.
    When this token is validated a new "sequence" of logon is created which would all other stored logins - carrying older sequences - become outdated/invalid.

And yet another idea:
    Changing the email address could be managed using the following approach:
    Sending a token to the old email address, validation, entering the new email address, sending a second token to the new email address, updating the SC-ID with the new email after validation of the second token.
    For security reasons - avoiding abuse like trading accounts - this should only be possible after a cooldown period of 6 months (or so).
    This way we would not need to involve SC in-game support the manage this.
    The problem with allowing changes at the player end are those who get scammed. Players who are scammed or what people like calling "hacked" have given their email & password out so the scammer can now change email.

This also gives the scammer full control over everything you are suggesting we the players should have responsibility with.
    Sometimes less is more.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; August 3rd, 2020 at 11:24 AM.