Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: [One And Only] Special Obstacle Thread 8th Clashiversary

Quote Originally Posted by Nevrlosehope View Post
    Hello folks, glad to be back in yet another special obstacle thread and thanks as usual Tull for hosting it.

So far have received 2 cakes. Here goes my full base.

snip
    cooeee! nice base ! (b4 embedding, please resize your images to 800x600)

@philllll ...wow, a lot of shovels used !! never seen that many implemented, do you have any gems left now ?!

seems spawning rate is slow this time,
    I haven‘t had another cake in 2 days.

Maybe they‘re still spawning, that’s why one sees a third when scouting,
    but we may be restricted to 2 cakes? I hope not! And I‘m keeping my fingers crossed for a third cake,
    hope someone can post one soon!

All posts to this point considered.

Have Fun
    Stay Healthy

TS
    Last edited by TullSadum; August 7th, 2020 at 07:46 AM.

max TH13 ... lvl 236 ... 75 ... 75 ... 50 ... 20
    2014 Review-Video , Free download, printable stats booklet .
    Poem, Journey to full Lavas Video

Pro Member
    Great pics all.

‘Tis a shame u can’t buy past obstacles to put on your base. The year the best Xmas trees ever came out (the ones with multicoloured lights)
    I had all previous.... And was very happy with my trees...
    My young son got on my phone and deleted them all and some other unique things too
    Did ask support, as expected said could do nothing as my responsibility to secure account: fair enough.
    Do think now though would be nice to be able to buy the ones I’m now missing on my main. I do have all the various ones but spread across my minis.

All this background stuff is great.
    Would be nice to have a full set of ‘special obstacles’ on my main. I’d buy ‘em.

We do love our bases SC for example I have a base that has All the original Rocks from TH1, Have managed to move to side now - but endured years of pain before shovels introduced so could move them as getting a ‘good’ base in round them (in original positions) v tricky.
    Last edited by Zax; August 7th, 2020 at 08:10 AM.

Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    My humble Townhall 5 :-)
    Last edited by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>; August 7th, 2020 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TullSadum View Post
    cooeee! nice base ! (b4 embedding, please resize your images to 800x600)

@philllll ...wow, a lot of shovels used !! never seen that many implemented, do you have any gems left now ?!

seems spawning rate is slow this time,
    I haven‘t had another cake in 2 days.

Maybe they‘re still spawning, that’s why one sees a third when scouting,
    but we may be restricted to 2 cakes? I hope not! And I‘m keeping my fingers crossed for a third cake,
    hope someone can post one soon!

All posts to this point considered.

Have Fun
    Stay Healthy

TS
    haha yeah this costed over 90 shovels to complete but it looks good. I never bought gems, just grapped every shovel possible (clangames, goldpass, events etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Zax View Post
    Great pics all.

‘Tis a shame u can’t buy past obstacles to put on your base. The year the best Xmas trees ever came out (the ones with multicoloured lights)
    I had all previous.... And was very happy with my trees...
    My young son got on my phone and deleted them all and some other unique things too
    Did ask support, as expected said could do nothing as my responsibility to secure account: fair enough.
    Do think now though would be nice to be able to buy the ones I’m now missing on my main. I do have all the various ones but spread across my minis.

All this background stuff is great.
    Would be nice to have a full set of ‘special obstacles’ on my main. I’d buy ‘em.

We do love our bases SC for example I have a base that has All the original Rocks from TH1, Have managed to move to side now - but endured years of pain before shovels introduced so could move them as getting a ‘good’ base in round them (in original positions) v tricky.
    This has been requested many times on the forums but it seems unlikely to happen if Darian’s last interview with Galadon is anything to go by.
    Personally l don’t like the idea of just buying them with gems,however if there was some way you could earn them in the game which was long,hard and brutal so that they really meant something when you got one it might be a way to add something to the game to give the collectors out there something else to do over and above the usual upgrades we’ve been doing for years.
    Perhaps they could even be ‘replica’ obstacles.ie the same obstacle but with a slightly different colour base.This would allow the players with the early,rarer obstacles to still have their ‘badge of honour’ and still remain unique.
    But you never know.Perhaps for the 10 year anniversary there may be a chance to get them for a limited time.
    It is a good thing in a way that you can’t buy them with gems.It does show that SC is more interested in creating a great quality game and not just generating as much revenue as possible for the sake of it out of pure greed.

Signature by Holmes

Quote Originally Posted by Allliqueredup View Post
    This has been requested many times on the forums but it seems unlikely to happen if Darian’s last interview with Galadon is anything to go by.
    Personally l don’t like the idea of just buying them with gems,however if there was some way you could earn them in the game which was long,hard and brutal so that they really meant something when you got one it might be a way to add something to the game to give the collectors out there something else to do over and above the usual upgrades we’ve been doing for years.
    Perhaps they could even be ‘replica’ obstacles.ie the same obstacle but with a slightly different colour base.This would allow the players with the early,rarer obstacles to still have their ‘badge of honour’ and still remain unique.
    But you never know.Perhaps for the 10 year anniversary there may be a chance to get them for a limited time.
    It is a good thing in a way that you can’t buy them with gems.It does show that SC is more interested in creating a great quality game and not just generating as much revenue as possible for the sake of it out of pure greed.
    You say that but look at the barbarian statue. I cleared that in my scrub days expecting vast gems from it and got 0. Now I really want it back but refuse to pay 250 gems for it.
    There are some that relatively new players like me will never get, I get people wanting them exclusively but I would pay a premium to be able to decorate, whether past items or some form of fancy stuff.

Dare I say it... Decoration only gambling boxes? But with strict controls. Or rather than gems for achieving stuff like 4k scattershots... A statue of a trebuchet or something. Gems mean very little when you've done most of the hard work. By the time you've done 4k scattershots you'll be close to max bar walls (2k bases at lvl13 if you are god like at the game) and the 1k gem reward doesn't touch the sides of one upgrade at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevrlosehope View Post
    Hello folks, glad to be back in yet another special obstacle thread......
    Was wondering if you were gonna show to the party!

This next base you'll appreciate. It's one of the explosion bases from the Great Lunar Obstacle Debacle of '18.

Three 8th cakes.... All at about 9:00.

Oh, and a fourth does show on FC scout.
    Last edited by NewtTheSlayer; August 7th, 2020 at 02:58 PM. Reason: 4th

Very nice work🙂

3 Now on my second base
    Last edited by bigaj; August 7th, 2020 at 01:52 PM.

New Bloke/Chick
    I received my second cake. Now I have only one available spot for it to spawn on my entire edge of base. No spots inside either.