Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Maybe A Bridge Too Far

Maybe A Bridge Too Far

CWL time again.. A time for reflection on how the progress within the clan has developed.

The guys were great last season, and we promoted to Crystal 1 in first place.

However, activity within the clan aint good..
    Those of us that do regular dont push the weights so much..
    Those that dont do regular pretty much just dont.. Period.
    No complaints, we do okay with both regular and cwl.

But we done the usual day 2 spin 15v and wow.. just wow.
    Our breakdown is 4/5/5/1, including a rushed 12 and an 11 with offence upgraded (camps, barracks, lab.. heroes max 10 with a level 5 warden) but no defensive additions of note

But the opposition, I only hope they are rushed lol..
    Breakdowns by day.. 15/10/7.. 7/4/11.. 15/9/7.. 14/5/3.. 11/5/5.. 13/6.. 9/5/8.

Dont know if this is the norm, as its our first incursion into crystal 1 territory..
    But i guess its going to be short lived.
    What a difference the step from 2 to 1 is looking at face value.

Forum Legend
    This our 4th month in Crystal 1. We lost 2 TH13s between last season and this so we’ll be running 6/4/5 though one of our 13s ranks below all of our 12s, it was a rushed siege donation account of on of our other members.

we finished 4,4,2 in those 3 seasons. With you running 4/5/5/1 you’re likely going to struggle to avoid demotion back to Crystal 2. Honestly with our 6/4/5 lineup this season I suspect we will be fighting to avoid relegation.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    This our 4th month in Crystal 1. We lost 2 TH13s between last season and this so we’ll be running 6/4/5 though one of our 13s ranks below all of our 12s, it was a rushed siege donation account of on of our other members.

we finished 4,4,2 in those 3 seasons. With you running 4/5/5/1 you’re likely going to struggle to avoid demotion back to Crystal 2. Honestly with our 6/4/5 lineup this season I suspect we will be fighting to avoid relegation.
    Unlucky on losing the 13s Klavious.. will make a difference.
    Agree that we will struggle..
    To be fair, we dont usually survive crystal 2, so promotion was a nice surprise and gratefully accepted.

My main focus is on the size of the oppo tho..
    Early reports suggested 6-7 13s as the norm..
    Only 1 opponent has 7 x 13s, the rest are way above.

Maybe its just been luck of the draw, but am interested in any weight shift within the tier..
    The weight growth is extreme from last time out, even tho we were only 4th heaviest in our group with the same (apart from the pretty rushed 12, we had a 10 last time) breakdown..
    Although luck of the draw may have been in our favour last month.

We've gained some new members this past month so we'll have a 8/7 lineup this month. Looks good on paper, but 3 of our TH13s are rushed (including myself; don't even have scattershot yet lol). Nearly got promoted to C1 last season so I'm hoping we can get there this round .

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    CWL time again.. A time for reflection on how the progress within the clan has developed.

Our breakdown is 4/5/5/1, including a rushed 12 and an 11 with offence upgraded (camps, barracks, lab.. heroes max 10 with a level 5 warden) but no defensive additions of note

Dont know if this is the norm, as its our first incursion into crystal 1 territory..
    I reason that this is widely known already, but I believe that the 1 promotion spot in C1 is the cause of the development gap between C2 and C1. Best bet is to hope that there's 2 clans that miss attacks. However, my clan has ever been higher than C2, so I don't know any more than you do, lol.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post

Yours is a weak lineup for C1, but the opponents list isn't that different from ours in M3, so you may have been a little unlucky - though of course they probably won't all be playing the maximum roster they have on paper, if some members have heroes down or just don't war.

In M3 this season, we have 14/5/5/12 (and all 14 Th13s are in)

Other 7 are
    16/12/6/4
    11/5/1/1
    10/7/2/5
    12/8/4/3
    19/3/1/2
    4/9/12/6 - How this clan are in M3, I have no idea!
    16/13/6/6

On paper, we should finish around 3rd/4th - last season we finished 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Popovichtown View Post
    I reason that this is widely known already, but I believe that the 1 promotion spot in C1 is the cause of the development gap between C2 and C1. Best bet is to hope that there's 2 clans that miss attacks. However, my clan has ever been higher than C2, so I don't know any more than you do, lol.
    yeah.. thats a good point about the 1 promotion spot.
    first time in the tier, so have overlooked that bottleneck for heavy rosters..
    Since Ajax has confirmed M3 carries rosters of equivalent weights, providing our opponents dont turn out to carry a decent chunk of rushers of course, that says to me crystal 1 can now be considered to be in a state of stability.

By that, I mean that so long as you have the power, which is required in any crystal tier now to some extent, then skill is going to play the biggest part in a clans fortunes.
    With that reasoning, if correct, I am finding a new respect for long term crystal 1 clans..
    Is an effort to get there, will be very difficult to promote from, and the opposition you face each day is challenging, so demotion is always a threat for those that are lacking the consistency.

Forum Elder
    Ouch JGD! For comparison, we're also in C1 & hopeful of promotion this time.

Picked up another 13 a few weeks ago & have another 2 13's from upgrades within the clan. We'll be running 12/2/1 in our first war. I have an alt that'll hit 12 in a couple of days & we have a few weak 13's that we can cycle in during the week.

We finished a strong second last month & only lost our war to the group winners on percentage. We've been in this league for around 8 or 9 months (dropped a league for a month when a co made a mess of sign-up). We struggled initially, got comfortable & are now very strong.

Although C1 is competitive, it's still low enough to find lackadaisical clans; missed attacks, empty CC's etc... Hopefully you'll get a war or two like that & squeak a win here & there.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    Ouch JGD! For comparison, we're also in C1 & hopeful of promotion this time.

Picked up another 13 a few weeks ago & have another 2 13's from upgrades within the clan. We'll be running 12/2/1 in our first war. I have an alt that'll hit 12 in a couple of days & we have a few weak 13's that we can cycle in during the week.

We finished a strong second last month & only lost our war to the group winners on percentage. We've been in this league for around 8 or 9 months (dropped a league for a month when a co made a mess of sign-up). We struggled initially, got comfortable & are now very strong.

Although C1 is competitive, it's still low enough to find lackadaisical clans; missed attacks, empty CC's etc... Hopefully you'll get a war or two like that & squeak a win here & there.

Good luck.
    Nice one Kaledonian.. looks like youre in a position to make a push.. Congrats for that.

i am truly okay with the position we are in.. we usually demote from crystal 2 not promote.
    My fear is that the guys wont even bother to show once they see the oppo line ups..
    Day 1 they are running 11/4.. only looked at the 12s so far, and not rushed, although their #15 heroes are rather thin.

We have a 10 today, but will have to be at least 2 tomorrow as our rushed 12 wants out, having put both royals down for upgrade..
    Such is the life in a casual non war orientated clan I guess.
    just hope I can suck it up and not go back to my mini when i see our guys run to the hills.

All I ask is that people show and throw some troops down.. Dont care what, dont care how..
    Just make a show and let people know you at least made an effort of sorts.

If the guys in our group are anything like average and above attackers, I will have a deep respect for those that call crystal 1 and above their home..
    It is on a different level to what we are used to, both for cwl and regular war.

Ooooh ouch JGD Mind you, lots of rushed bases about as you go down the roster usually we find, so opportunities may present themselves!

Wish you good luck ... it may be worth trying to do some cunning fiddling with that line up based on your team’s attacking strength and base layout faced, if you have the energy and inclination (hits up/drop downs) ... takes a bit of effort but can sometimes reap rewards as you guys grow I used to fiddle A LOT based on team knowledge and it often paid off, sometimes soul destroying though when simply squashed no matter what we did lol. Lots of TLC throughout the week should see you through!!

As for us, we have a few absences this month again, as life continues to mess with play time ... how very dare it lol Running 6/5/4 ... the missing TH13s may cost us but we’ll see ... never seem to get all the blasted devils available at the same time, that’ll be epic if/when it finally happens

Here’s our group:

https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/m...wars/cwl/cards

Currently being spammed in Round 1 by edrag attacks throughout *yawn* Aiming for 2nd/3rd I think ... in a coupla’three months we’ll push it and try to get to Masters

Thankful we’ve grown to the stage where we can run a simple “hit equivalent number or negotiate a swap” strategy for the week, using the odd swap about near war end to maximise stars if match is close, with majority not bothered what they face Looking forward to the hallowed ground of all being same TH and the easy life of letting them run amok to hit wherever they like

All hail our mighty warriors as we step bravely into “Hell Week“, stay strong and lucky everyone!!!

“Sister in battle, I am shield and blade to you. As I breathe, your enemies will know no sanctuary. While I live, your cause is mine.” The Oath of an Amazon

Thank you so much DragonX101 for the amazing avatar and signature! I’m no longer faceless *grins*!