Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Replace/Retrieve Removed Obstacles like christmas trees ,goldcoin trees and halloween

Fresh Spawn

Replace/Retrieve Removed Obstacles like christmas trees ,goldcoin trees and halloween

If youve removed xmas trees, gold coins trees and halloween obstacles you should be able to regain/retrieve/replace them like all the flags and statues in the shop

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poeslik View Post
    If youve removed xmas trees, gold coins trees and halloween obstacles you should be able to regain/retrieve/replace them like all the flags and statues in the shop
    Except you didn't buy the Xmas, bday, Halloween obstacles, they were giving to you for free. Everything in the shop your talking about you purchased with gems or resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    Except you didn't buy the Xmas, bday, Halloween obstacles, they were giving to you for free.....
    And if you no longer have it, it means that you cashed it in, got something in return! You made a decision at that time, you would rather have the Gold or Elixir rather than the obstacle. There is a major difference between "I paid for" (a flag), and "I was given then sold".

Fresh Spawn
    Then why cant you just refund/pay that amount elixir or gold that you got from the xmas tree then you can place it in your village again?

Then why cant you just refund/pay that amount elixir or gold that you got from the xmas tree then you can place it in your village again?
    Because you got that 22 for all the time since when you removed that. The gold/elixir helped you to start an upgrade which might have been delayed, leading to chain reaction that might alter your base tremendously. It's better to avoid this option that handling all the chaos that can happen because of it. Instead, they can just provide special obstacle as a decoration in shop, one piece each.

I purchased my first house in 1981, sold it in 1988 for 121k. Why can't I simply demand that house back by refunding 121k (probably worth over 500k today)?

What is kept is kept, what is sold is sold. Way things work. Obstacle sellers knew exactly what they were doing, with the understanding that "all sales are final".

Fresh Spawn
    Buying a house in reality has NOTHING to do with removing and replacing an obstacle in a virtual GAME like coc. If I remove a xmas tree for 25k elixir. Why cant i just go to the shop, then buy that xmas tree back and place it again, because if it has been in my base and i removed it/ stashed it, because there wasnt space for it, why cant I just buy it back with the same amount it costed to remove it and what it gave to me when i removed it like 100k gold, then it costs 100k gold and 25k elixir to buy it back. So when I go to the shop, go to decor, my xmas tree that has been in my village which I removed, should be there with the cost of 25k elixir and 100k gold, then I can buy it again and place it in my village again. REALLY NOT THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND

Millennial Club
    Buying a house in reality has NOTHING to do with removing and replacing an obstacle in a virtual GAME like coc. If I remove a xmas tree for 25k elixir. Why cant i just go to the shop, then buy that xmas tree back and place it again, because if it has been in my base and i removed it/ stashed it, because there wasnt space for it, why cant I just buy it back with the same amount it costed to remove it and what it gave to me when i removed it like 100k gold, then it costs 100k gold and 25k elixir to buy it back. So when I go to the shop, go to decor, my xmas tree that has been in my village which I removed, should be there with the cost of 25k elixir and 100k gold, then I can buy it again and place it in my village again. REALLY NOT THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND
    I think I get what everyone is saying here, but I'm gonna have to disagree with Poeslik. It may not be exactly the same as buying a house, but the concept is familiar.

First off, lets say you spent 25k to clear an obstacle. Later, you might have used that space to place a new building, and using that new building, you would have improved greatly. Now, with a new building, you want to buy back an obstacle, but all the new money you have came after the new building was placed, as that new building would have improved your gameplay. It then really isn't that fair, technically, that you used money, progressed and earned money more easily, and used that more easily earned money to buy something back.

Secondly, you have to understand why people want special obstacles. It is often to show how long they have been playing, and of course, the older the obstacle is, the higher the "value." This is where rowman's house idea comes in. The value of the obstacle would have inflated (mentally speaking), so the physical value wouldn't be the same as its old value.

Finally, this is a life lesson. Think before you tap.
    Squidward>spongebob

I think the problems in former times was the unavailability of the shovel.
    You had to remove the obstacles as they were spread over the place - without a chance for you to intervene - blocking locations where you wanted to place buildings during the development of your village.
    Harvesting resources for purchases or researches was done only by a small minority, as the amount was very small (under 100k) compared to the millions you need on the other hand.
    Last edited by NordPohl; August 3rd, 2020 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NordPohl View Post
    I think the problems in former times was the unavailability of the shovel.
    You had to remove the obstacles as they were spread over the place - without a chance for you to intervene - blocking locations where you wanted to place buildings during the development of your village.
    Harvesting resources for purchases or researches was done only by a small minority, as the amount was very small (under 100k) compared to the millions you need on the other hand.
    I myself have no knowledge of what motivated people to keep, or remove, obstacles. So have no actual data to say whom the "small minority" were, and why they did what they did.

I can only base my own opinions on casual observations over the past 6+ years playing on what I observed clanmates doing (but cannot state "why they did it", only "what they did"). Everyone I myself encountered either kept obstacles, or removed them immediately. Not aware of anyone whom kept an obstacle for years, then removed it later on due to base layout. Rather, they worked around the placement. I even have a 6.5 year old stone! Finally moved it when shovels came out, but worked around it all those years. The "keepers" may not have kept every single spawn, but they did manage to keep at least one copy.

Meanwhile the group of "obstacle destroyers" that I encountered did so immediately. So in my own world, what you see as the "small minority" is what I have seen as the "absolute majority of those whom removed". That is, 100% of the total removers did so immediately.

What are the odds that every Xmas tree for a given year just happened to spawn on a base preventing a layout that you just happened to want to place? If 6 trees spawned that year, all 6 spawned in "bad luck spaces", not even 1 on the fringe?

Now we do have some data. Darian shared this with the community: . https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClan...les_are_still/ .
    (Click link he provided to see graph). That tells us how many did indeed keep, and workaround, the Xmas tree for that year. It only though tells us raw numbers, not "% of population at that time". So we have no idea if the 2.6k with a 2012 tree represents 80% of the population for that time, or 10%. We simply do not know.
    Last edited by rowman; August 3rd, 2020 at 01:12 PM.