Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Versus battle what does 100% truly mean?

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    Yes you can. You can design a better base so that opponent doesn't wreck it open in less time.
    I rarely have a loss on time; it does genuinely suit me, but I still think it's wrong.

Lucky spam beats carefully thought out, multi-phase, almost guaranteed 100%? Don't tell me it doesn't happen & happen frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    I rarely have a loss on time; it does genuinely suit me, but I still think it's wrong.

Lucky spam beats carefully thought out, multi-phase, almost guaranteed 100%? Don't tell me it doesn't happen & happen frequently.
    Well, sometimes those lucky spam attacks work. Time isn't the best criteria, but it ain't wrong to consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Yeah, missed the sarcasm completely sorry. Ill have to re-read.

I cant believe any attack has been killed, not at the BH9 level, because 100% is rare there.

when it comes to killing attacks, nothing compares to the lava launcher.
    At bh9 I agree that 100% is rare, let alone ties at 100%.
    I've both "won" and "lost" ties at the 5000+ range, which should neither have been a win or loss, but I don't see the archer trickle attacks anymore.
    Cannon carts + pekkas are also rare.
    Most attacks I see are balloon + minions or mass pekkas. I rarely see the hogs anymore in bb at the 5000+ range.
    So, yeah, some attack strats are being killed off via the lava launcher & time based tie breaker (though I'd argue the time based tie breaker is a greater factor in certain attacks not being used or hardly being used.).

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    At bh9 I agree that 100% is rare, let alone ties at 100%.
    I've both "won" and "lost" ties at the 5000+ range, which should neither have been a win or loss, but I don't see the archer trickle attacks anymore.
    Cannon carts + pekkas are also rare.
    Most attacks I see are balloon + minions or mass pekkas. I rarely see the hogs anymore in bb at the 5000+ range.
    So, yeah, some attack strats are being killed off via the lava launcher & time based tie breaker (though I'd argue the time based tie breaker is a greater factor in certain attacks not being used or hardly being used.).

My two max BH9s (except for some walls), in the 4000s, rarely see 100% either side any more.

I am persisting with Cannon carts + PEKKAs. I add bombers and giants depending on what I see. You need to get directions and timings right, and a winning attack is 2 stars 75-85%. I sometimes get 100%, but it seems to depend upon being very alert. I find all PEKKAs fail against near max BH9.

Balloons, minions, drop ships, yeah, lots of people use them on me. So, I have set every bomb to air, and designed my base primarily to be anti air, and I often win against their failed attack. Again, direction is important, I note that minion + drop ship attacks from a certain direction succeed, while other direction do not.

I never see witches at BH9.
    I rarely see hogs, I guess because few have them upgraded, but when I do they can three star me (helped I guess by all bombs set to air). When I try them, with a power potion, it shows I have a lot to learn about how to use them.

I sometimes do archer trickle (trickle? well ~7 archers in each drop) against flawed base designs. Not surprisingly, accounts with flawed base designs usually zero star me.

I found myself doing BH7 (rushed BH7) battles today, on a neglected spare account, trying to raise a rush of elixir to upgrade neglected gold storages. There were 100% ties featuring. I was glad for the 100% destruction tiebreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    My two max BH9s (except for some walls), in the 4000s, rarely see 100% either side any more.

I am persisting with Cannon carts + PEKKAs. I add bombers and giants depending on what I see. You need to get directions and timings right, and a winning attack is 2 stars 75-85%. I sometimes get 100%, but it seems to depend upon being very alert. I find all PEKKAs fail against near max BH9.

Balloons, minions, drop ships, yeah, lots of people use them on me. So, I have set every bomb to air, and designed my base primarily to be anti air, and I often win against their failed attack. Again, direction is important, I note that minion + drop ship attacks from a certain direction succeed, while other direction do not.

I never see witches at BH9.
    I rarely see hogs, I guess because few have them upgraded, but when I do they can three star me (helped I guess by all bombs set to air). When I try them, with a power potion, it shows I have a lot to learn about how to use them.

I sometimes do archer trickle (trickle? well ~7 archers in each drop) against flawed base designs. Not surprisingly, accounts with flawed base designs usually zero star me.

I found myself doing BH7 (rushed BH7) battles today, on a neglected spare account, trying to raise a rush of elixir to upgrade neglected gold storages. There were 100% ties featuring. I was glad for the 100% destruction tiebreaker.
    My mini bh9 which is chasing otto, mostly bh7 defense, only minion drop level 16 (except carts 18), in the 3500 to 3600 range sees everything from maxed 9s to super rushed 9s with all sorts of attacks. Much as I dislike the tie breaker, it only happened once today when I was spamming to get the 15 multi mortars. I won by 1 second. Rest, what a mix. Won by getting a 40 something percent no star vs 20 something. Also get crushed by a full out maxed 9. It's a weird place.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    My mini bh9 which is chasing otto, mostly bh7 defense, only minion drop level 16 (except carts 18), in the 3500 to 3600 range sees everything from maxed 9s to super rushed 9s with all sorts of attacks. Much as I dislike the tie breaker, it only happened once today when I was spamming to get the 15 multi mortars. I won by 1 second. Rest, what a mix. Won by getting a 40 something percent no star vs 20 something. Also get crushed by a full out maxed 9. It's a weird place.
    My mini is a new-ish bh9 that goes from 3600 on up to the 4000+ range. Had everything but walls fully upgraded at bh8 and I see most everything but witches.
    My main is around 5100 right now (finished last season above 5600) and most attacks are minions + drop ships or one of the various pekka comps.
    I do think at the upper end, the slower attack comps are getting phased out (maybe already are) by the players b/c no one wants to "lose" due to too slow of an attack.
    Not sure if SC views this as a problem or not, though considering their logic for the cannon cart nerf awhile back (players were only using cannon carts and nothing else), I really don't know.
    If players are primarily using 2 basic comps (minions + balloons, or pekka comps) b/c of the time based tie breaker, SC might very well have to do sonething, or the longevity of the bb is in serious question.

My mini is a new-ish bh9 that goes from 3600 on up to the 4000+ range. Had everything but walls fully upgraded at bh8 and I see most everything but witches.
    My main is around 5100 right now (finished last season above 5600) and most attacks are minions + drop ships or one of the various pekka comps.
    I do think at the upper end, the slower attack comps are getting phased out (maybe already are) by the players b/c no one wants to "lose" due to too slow of an attack.
    Not sure if SC views this as a problem or not, though considering their logic for the cannon cart nerf awhile back (players were only using cannon carts and nothing else), I really don't know.
    If players are primarily using 2 basic comps (minions + balloons, or pekka comps) b/c of the time based tie breaker, SC might very well have to do sonething, or the longevity of the bb is in serious question.
    Agree. Although longevity of bh is very much is question regardless. Due to lack of them doing anything meaningful for it.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Centennial Club
    But the point is: there is no reason for there to be a tie breaker in the bb especially one based on time.
    No more training times, no more bm regen time, no more clock tower boost being wasted on a tie (#1 complaint), thus absolutely zero need for a tie breaker.
    As I asked earlier: Are people incapable of understanding and accepting the concept of a tie? Are these the ones wanting "participation" trophies?
    If so, why not just reward every attacker some trophies and screw the whole "trophies get deducted from the loser" thing.
    A win gives you 30 trophies regardless of trophy range, a loss 10, and a tie 15.
    This way everyone gets rewarded for participating.
    That is exactly how I view SC implementing the time based tie breaker in the bb: "participation" trophies.
    There was and still is no need for a tie breaker in the bb.
    I don't care what the tiebreaker is, for all I care you could go with a random coin flip or alphabetical by former college roomate's middle name - but there absolutely needs to be some sort of tiebreaker. Tying is the absolute worst. I would rather lose every single tiebreaker than tie a single matchup. At least if I lose then I'm going to get an easier matchup next time and be more likely to win. A tie is a complete waste of my time and much worse than losing.

Anyone who thinks that has anything to do with training times is completely missing the obvious point. Tying was literally worse than losing, and so it's awesome that they implemented a tiebreaker. Fastest time makes the most sense of any idea I've seen presented to date, but I really don't mind if they pick something else as long as I never tie again.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by homer3142 View Post
    I don't care what the tiebreaker is, for all I care you could go with a random coin flip or alphabetical by former college roomate's middle name - but there absolutely needs to be some sort of tiebreaker. Tying is the absolute worst. I would rather lose every single tiebreaker than tie a single matchup. At least if I lose then I'm going to get an easier matchup next time and be more likely to win. A tie is a complete waste of my time and much worse than losing.

Anyone who thinks that has anything to do with training times is completely missing the obvious point. Tying was literally worse than losing, and so it's awesome that they implemented a tiebreaker. Fastest time makes the most sense of any idea I've seen presented to date, but I really don't mind if they pick something else as long as I never tie again.

I am so with him.

"I would rather lose every single tiebreaker than tie a single matchup." Yes. For months I would end the battle at 98%. Tying was worse than losing. Once, I tied with someone who did the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by homer3142 View Post

Claiming that "tying was literally worse than losing . . ." is an opinion and not fact.
    Personally, I'd rather tie than lose so I don't lose trophies.
    And yes, people were complaining that their clock tower boost was wasted due to a tie and them wanting to get their 3 wins during the boost.
    I can't recall a single complaint on these forums that centered around time wasted w/o mention of the clock tower boost being wasted, nor can I recall a single complaint on these forums of players mentioning any sort of frustration due to ties.