Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Versus battle what does 100% truly mean?

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    Claiming that "tying was literally worse than losing . . ." is an opinion and not fact.
    Personally, I'd rather tie than lose so I don't lose trophies.
    And yes, people were complaining that their clock tower boost was wasted due to a tie and them wanting to get their 3 wins during the boost.
    I can't recall a single complaint on these forums that centered around time wasted w/o mention of the clock tower boost being wasted, nor can I recall a single complaint on these forums of players mentioning any sort of frustration due to ties.
    I do, and there were far more than just me.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    I do, and there were far more than just me.
    Links to these complaints please.
    The only complaints I ever saw on these foruns regarding time wasted in the bb all centered around the clock tower boost being wasted as they wanted their 3 daily wins in that 10 minute boost.

Forum All-Star
    Links to these complaints please.
    The only complaints I ever saw on these foruns regarding time wasted in the bb all centered around the clock tower boost being wasted as they wanted their 3 daily wins in that 10 minute boost.

eg. https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...r-base-tie-100

There are so many posts, and the vast majority are not talking about the clock boost. Wasted time, and frustration, yes, because even more than Home Village, the Builder Base is meant to be quick and easy game play, and three ties in a row is 10 minutes wasted from your life, without needing to reference the clock boost.

Personally, I wasn't concerned about the clock boost, because I would play two accounts, alternating.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    eg. https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...r-base-tie-100

There are so many posts, and the vast majority are not talking about the clock boost. Wasted time, and frustration, yes, because even more than Home Village, the Builder Base is meant to be quick and easy game play, and three ties in a row is 10 minutes wasted from your life, without needing to reference the clock boost.

Personally, I wasn't concerned about the clock boost, because I would play two accounts, alternating.
    There were many complaining about wasting the boost. People seemed to believe that they should always be able to get their three wins under boost. You arent wrong that others just hated ties but Joe isnt wrong that many bemoaned wasting boost. In the end, they both got the easy button. Unless they lose the tiebreaker a lot.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    There were many complaining about wasting the boost. People seemed to believe that they should always be able to get their three wins under boost. You arent wrong that others just hated ties but Joe isnt wrong that many bemoaned wasting boost. In the end, they both got the easy button. Unless they lose the tiebreaker a lot.

Agreed. Many simply hated the ties (eg me). Many hated wasting the short boost. Many hated both.

I was surprised that they took away the troop training time and battle machine regeneration time. Very pleasantly surprised. I wondered whether taking away the tease of having to wait would long term make me get bored, but no, that didn't happen. The loot limit of three per day prevents exhausting overplaying. It does make it very easy to do BB clan game challenges, but again, when the challenge is done, I stop.

The combined changes reduced my focus on the builder base, which I think was their aim, as focus on the builder base creates annoyance.

Centennial Club
    -._-. Coming in hot. So in the end it all depends on which base was built better. Rather it be dragging out an attack as long as possible or something along the lines where you can't penetrate a 3 star. 7 seconds is a close timer, but in the end it comes down to what gave you the win. If you won with bats like 10 of them then it seems unfair since you were dragged out longer. But to me that means you could not get enough power in the strategy of your attack to push faster.

My advice is to change the base a lot while keeping a base form. I am sure you are very good though. The time factor in the end is fair because it shows who has the better skills or better strategy. If we took it off wins with like 5 bats and 1 minute after you finish wouldn't be fair.

And for someone who usually wins most of his ties and battles I find it fair to keep the tiebreaker.

Centennial Club
    Claiming that "tying was literally worse than losing . . ." is an opinion and not fact.
    Indeed, I meant that as as an opinion - I figured it was clear when I said "*I* would rather lose than tie", but maybe wasn't clear enough, my bad.

I agree that the forums mostly had people complaining about ties while under the clock tower boost, but that doesn't mean people weren't annoyed by ties in general. Tying is a complete 100% waste of ~3 minutes of my life. Losing is at least somewhat productive because it makes me more likely to win my next matchup. And sure, it annoyed me much more to waste 3 minutes of my clock tower boost than to waste 3 minutes when not under a boost - but wasting 3 minutes is seriously annoying no matter how you slice it.

Again I don't really care what they use as a tiebreaker, I just REALLY want something to be a tiebreaker, and fastest time does make the most sense to me. Second best idea to me would just be a random coin flip, then you eliminate ties but don't penalize people with slow attack strategies.