Page 22 of 45 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 443

Thread: 8th aniversary celebration - update speculation

  1. #211
    Furry Bunny wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    15,486
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Hats, sunglasses, sideburns, mustache, yet no beards? Come on man, ZZ Top had beards!

    More likely:

  2. #212
    Millennial Club MommySnooks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Lurking somewhere. Why can’t we smirk in here?
    Posts
    1,287
    What on earth? Maybe I need to scroll back further, lol.


    Thanks TerM!

    Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja

  3. #213
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8,172
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    More likely:
    That was my thought.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  4. #214
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On a lenghty sabbatical
    Posts
    11,632
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    More likely:
    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    That was my thought.
    I absolutely do agree that the hats are definitely more Slash-like, and also explains the "no beards". But, the picture show a duet, both dressed identically. And then there is the hair color.

    Dang it, I think there is an exact match somewhere! Think we may have to continue looking for an exact match. Anyone play the guitar and can figure out what chords they are each playing? Maybe if we know the chords, we can figure out the song, that willi lead us to the duet.

  5. #215
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,634
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    I absolutely do agree that the hats are definitely more Slash-like, and also explains the "no beards". But, the picture show a duet, both dressed identically. And then there is the hair color.

    Dang it, I think there is an exact match somewhere! Think we may have to continue looking for an exact match. Anyone play the guitar and can figure out what chords they are each playing? Maybe if we know the chords, we can figure out the song, that willi lead us to the duet.
    Guitars generally have 6 strings or 12, Or 4 and rarely 8. These guitars have only 5 strings which some banjos have. All that being said the fingering they are using doesnt equate to any chord on a regular instrument but might be any chord on the mythical 5 string.
    Last edited by Tosti111; July 30th, 2020 at 09:21 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  6. #216
    Furry Bunny wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    15,486
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    I absolutely do agree that the hats are definitely more Slash-like, and also explains the "no beards". But, the picture show a duet, both dressed identically. And then there is the hair color.

    Dang it, I think there is an exact match somewhere! Think we may have to continue looking for an exact match. Anyone play the guitar and can figure out what chords they are each playing? Maybe if we know the chords, we can figure out the song, that willi lead us to the duet.
    How about:

  7. #217
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On a lenghty sabbatical
    Posts
    11,632
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Guitars generally have 6 strings or 12, Or 4 and rarely 8. These guitars have only 5 strings which some banjos have. All that being said the fingering they are using doesnt equate to any chord on a regular instrument but might be any chord on the mythical 5 string.
    Maybe both are playing 5 string bass guitars (they are sold). As for mythical, don't tell the Rolling Stones that, Kieth Richards used a signature 5 string "open G tuning" guitar.

    So the mystery deepens.
    Last edited by rowman; July 30th, 2020 at 09:56 PM.

  8. #218
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8,172
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Maybe both are playing 5 string bass guitars (they are sold). As for mythical, don't tell the Rolling Stones that, Kieth Richards used a signature 5 string "open G tuning" guitar.

    So the mystery deepens.
    Well if the king pops out with the riff from sweet child o mine, we'll know. And would be the first time in years I'd play with the sound on.

    Edit. Watched the demo from judo. I will not be turning the sound on.
    Last edited by Piper139; July 30th, 2020 at 10:18 PM.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  9. #219
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,634
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Maybe both are playing 5 string bass guitars (they are sold). As for mythical, don't tell the Rolling Stones that, Kieth Richards used a signature 5 string "open G tuning" guitar.

    So the mystery deepens.
    I think Keith would qualify as mythical regardless of the guitar.

    Never seen a 5 string guitar but doesnt surprise me that much, there are lots of weirdo things out there including the esoteric tunings.
    Last edited by Tosti111; July 30th, 2020 at 10:45 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  10. #220
    Awesome skin for anniversary

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •