Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Some ideas...

  1. #21
    Forum Veteran darpan2704coc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,641
    Quote Originally Posted by CuckooBrain View Post
    Yes, it’s a W, but is that the point? Would you enjoy 7 inactive clans in your CWL? What if you showed up to a soccer game and the other team wasn’t there? Just take shots on their empty net? CWL is fun, with the last couple of attacks perhaps the difference between a win or a loss. The pressure of needing a triple to win the day. All of that is taken away with an absent clan (or more). I don’t join CwL to get ‘byes’. I want to earn a promotion or stave off a demotion. I’d rather lose in a good battle than be given a freebie.
    I'd love all the CWLs to be against 7 inactive clans and let them push me to the Champions I. There are a lot of clans without high level THs and I doubt any of that would mind a 'bye'. For competitive scenario, Champion I is there. And those 'byes' will only help you to reach that competitive scenario sooner.

  2. #22
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    3,047
    Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    I'd love all the CWLs to be against 7 inactive clans and let them push me to the Champions I. There are a lot of clans without high level THs and I doubt any of that would mind a 'bye'. For competitive scenario, Champion I is there. And those 'byes' will only help you to reach that competitive scenario sooner.
    My clan has hit our sweet spot in CWL. We win half and welcome any inactives because that 1 war we know won't be a battle but more of a relaxed war.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    For starters press the reply with quote button so we know who your talking with.

    More posts doesn't mean that it will come true. SC dev team isn't going to break their no speaking in forums protocol "Oh CuckooBrain you have rallied the small % of players on the forums that want this, we will add it ASAP". In reality it will just be added in the ruled out or frequently requested threads and that will be that.

    I myself find it hard playing BB now that I have OTTO. I am far from maxed but don't do much beyond CG and season events.

    How do you see BB wars working if BB itself is 2 online players attacking each other at the same time?




    Why would they spend the time on something knowing a large amount of players won't do it? Is the time spent worth the money?
    Well,SC does make changes, and a lot of them are probably because they are frequently requested and they are solid additions to the game. Your comment about OTTO is right on, and true for what I would guess is the majority. Many couldn’t even be bothered to work towards OTTO. I envision BB wars similar to main village wars or CWL - 1 or 2 attacks, You can scout ahead, collect stars.

    Just because something is rarely used, doesn’t mean it is a waste of time to try and fix - see lightning spell, clone spell. Yes, it would take more time to create BB wars than fix lightning spell, but it could be worth it.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    I'd love all the CWLs to be against 7 inactive clans and let them push me to the Champions I. There are a lot of clans without high level THs and I doubt any of that would mind a 'bye'. For competitive scenario, Champion I is there. And those 'byes' will only help you to reach that competitive scenario sooner.
    Well, if you are happy receiving something that you never earned, that is on you. Ask those top clans competing in the qualifiers if they’d be content receiving a trophy without having to actually compete against anybody.
    Last edited by Ajax; August 2nd, 2020 at 10:05 AM.

  5. #25
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,615
    You have to understand Cuckoobird, For the vast majority of clans out there, especially anyin M3 and up, we dont run into the same problem you describe. Only once in all the cwls we have been in did we run across a team that wasnt fully in it to win it. It justisnt that big a dealfor most of us and anyone at the upper levels isnt getting any free pass to champs.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  6. #26
    Forum Veteran darpan2704coc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,641
    Quote Originally Posted by CuckooBrain View Post
    Well, if you are happy receiving something that you never earned, that is on you. If you are proud of getting to champions 1 on ‘byes’ and inactives, that’s pretty sad. Ask those top clans competing in the qualifiers if they’d be content receiving a trophy without having to actually compete against anybody.
    Forcing them to do 80% of their attacks won't make it any more competitive for you like you've described. Or just because of issues, clans do put in players to fill spot. You can't ban them just because they didn't have active players to stand at your 'competitive' mark.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Trinacria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    The intersection of No Place & No Where
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by CuckooBrain View Post
    BB can be a game in itself, without having to be tied into the main village. We all have defensive strategies there, offensive attacks. Yes it provides gems and a 6th builder and some clan games opportunities, but there is still attacking going on with other members. Why not turn that into something? What about the max TH13? Or other max TH levels? The 6th builder is no longer meaningful to them. I think you’d be surprised at the % of people who completely ignore their BB. BB wars could be completely separate from main village, a sidebar of fun and entertainment on its own - since it’s already there.
    My two cents:

    The BB started out tied to the main village. Seems doubtful that SC would break it out now to stand as its own game since it is now so very much already set up integrated to provide for main village support.

    I have 3 max 13s in legends (with maxed BH bases) and 5 other accounts. For the vast majority of the time I do ignore the BB in all of the accounts except the occasional times when they can provide something worthwhile to the main villages. Most players I know treat the BB the same way. I am sure there are players that play the BB and ignore the main village, though I do not know any and can not imagine why someone finds the BB fun or interesting nor how they came to COC and chose to ignore the MV. Perhaps BB wars would be of interest to those players which I presume to be a minority of players.

    In terms of when I do use the BB for main village gain, tbh I play it more as a joke and without any strategy whatsoever. It is not a fun or interesting game to play IMO. I am fairly certain that of the players I know, none would be interested in BB wars, and it would be incredibly difficult to get any of them remotely interested at best. I more than suspect most of the players I know would frown at the idea, and like me they would wince in pain at just the thought if BB wars were integrated into main village play.

  8. #28
    It will make it more competitive because clans won’t get matched if their last round was a violation.
    If you cannot field a ‘team’ then I guess you can’t enter. Basically the same in any other competitive arena. In fact, most competitions or ‘leagues’ have fines and consequences for forfeits, which essentially this is. And the reason? Because they’re wasting the time and competitive spirit of everyone else. It’s selfish and wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    Forcing them to do 80% of their attacks won't make it any more competitive for you like you've described. Or just because of issues, clans do put in players to fill spot. You can't ban them just because they didn't have active players to stand at your 'competitive' mark.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    You have to understand Cuckoobird, For the vast majority of clans out there, especially anyin M3 and up, we dont run into the same problem you describe. Only once in all the cwls we have been in did we run across a team that wasnt fully in it to win it. It justisnt that big a dealfor most of us and anyone at the upper levels isnt getting any free pass to champs.
    Do you think the vast majority are in M and up? So if it ruins the CWL for others, forget about them, they are too low to be concerned about? Don’t you think that’s an elitist approach or the rich get a richer? You don’t think C1 and below spend $ and contribute to SC earnings? And BTW it happens in M3 and it happens pretty much every time in C1 and down.

  10. #30
    Thanks for the respectful, thought out reply. I agree with you about many things you wrote. If it isn’t interesting to the majority, why not give it a boost? Again, if people weren’t interested, they could ignore it and go on as if it were never introduced. You mention it being integrated - don’t you think that is something to explore? What if a BB war win gave you 2M elixir to your MV? Or 30k dark? What if 5 BB war wins in a row gave you a free decoration? Perhaps when you hit 25 BB war wins you get a book of heroes? You’re kind of arguing my point when you say Bb is largely ignored - that means it needs an injection of life.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trinacria View Post
    My two cents:

    The BB started out tied to the main village. Seems doubtful that SC would break it out now to stand as its own game since it is now so very much already set up integrated to provide for main village support.

    I have 3 max 13s in legends (with maxed BH bases) and 5 other accounts. For the vast majority of the time I do ignore the BB in all of the accounts except the occasional times when they can provide something worthwhile to the main villages. Most players I know treat the BB the same way. I am sure there are players that play the BB and ignore the main village, though I do not know any and can not imagine why someone finds the BB fun or interesting nor how they came to COC and chose to ignore the MV. Perhaps BB wars would be of interest to those players which I presume to be a minority of players.

    In terms of when I do use the BB for main village gain, tbh I play it more as a joke and without any strategy whatsoever. It is not a fun or interesting game to play IMO. I am fairly certain that of the players I know, none would be interested in BB wars, and it would be incredibly difficult to get any of them remotely interested at best. I more than suspect most of the players I know would frown at the idea, and like me they would wince in pain at just the thought if BB wars were integrated into main village play.
    Last edited by CuckooBrain; August 2nd, 2020 at 03:56 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •