Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 35 of 35

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Some ideas...

  1. #31
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by CuckooBrain View Post
    Do you think the vast majority are in M and up? So if it ruins the CWL for others, forget about them, they are too low to be concerned about? Don’t you think that’s an elitist approach or the rich get a richer? You don’t think C1 and below spend $ and contribute to SC earnings? And BTW it happens in M3 and it happens pretty much every time in C1 and down.
    Try rereading my post. i said the majority dont experience the same thing you do. many clans regardless of league are happy to get easy stars that contribute to their monthly medals. Many clans Regardless of league are happy with getting an easier war as they know they can swap in some lower Ths into their roster. AND AS AN EXAMPLE many clans dont see other clans tanking, my clan in M1-3 As an example hasnt seen it more than once.

    I never said a thing about spending any money, why would you equate being in upper leagues and the amount of money you spend?
    Last edited by Tosti111; August 2nd, 2020 at 04:44 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Try rereading my post. i said the majority dont experience the same thing you do. many clans regardless of league are happy to get easy stars that contribute to their monthly medals. Many clans Regardless of league are happy with getting an easier war as they know they can swap in some lower Ths into their roster. AND AS AN EXAMPLE many clans dont see other clans tanking, my clan in M1-3 As an example hasnt seen it more than once.

    I never said a thing about spending any money, why would you equate being in upper leagues and the amount of money you spend?
    i read it quite carefully, actually. I’ve been in cwl since the beginning, in two different clans each time M3 and down, and I cannot remember a single one that didn’t have tanking clans. I can’t believe that every league outside the ones I happen to be in aren’t experiencing the same thing in M3 and down.

    I guess we have a fundamental philosophical difference between earning things and being handed things. I’m in cwl for the competition, not the free handouts. I prefer earning my way to M1, not having it handed to me. I’d rather lose a cwl day 35-34 than win a day 45-0. But I guess that’s just me.

    My reference to money/spending is that just because it isn’t happening as much in M1-3 doesn’t mean it isn’t happening. The people in all leagues deserve the time and attention of SC to get it the best it can be. People in C1 and below can be just as active and spend $, which means those leagues should get appropriate attention as well, and tanking is a major problem, IMO.

    I have a mini in Gold 2 and we faced a clan last time that had all th12/13. They used 0 attacks and it was nearly impossible for most of our members to get a star. How is that fun?

  3. #33
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by CuckooBrain View Post
    i read it quite carefully, actually. Iíve been in cwl since the beginning, in two different clans each time M3 and down, and I cannot remember a single one that didnít have tanking clans. I canít believe that every league outside the ones I happen to be in arenít experiencing the same thing in M3 and down.

    I guess we have a fundamental philosophical difference between earning things and being handed things. Iím in cwl for the competition, not the free handouts. I prefer earning my way to M1, not having it handed to me. Iíd rather lose a cwl day 35-34 than win a day 45-0. But I guess thatís just me.

    My reference to money/spending is that just because it isnít happening as much in M1-3 doesnít mean it isnít happening. The people in all leagues deserve the time and attention of SC to get it the best it can be. People in C1 and below can be just as active and spend $, which means those leagues should get appropriate attention as well, and tanking is a major problem, IMO.

    I have a mini in Gold 2 and we faced a clan last time that had all th12/13. They used 0 attacks and it was nearly impossible for most of our members to get a star. How is that fun?
    Idont think a clan that tanks all seven battles is creating a situation that gives any of the o5er teams an advantage. In your example, if all seven teams score 45-0 against that opponent, that is no different than only having a seven team war. Nothing was handed to you, everyone in you league got the same advantage. Yes, you may get a piddling anount of medals more than other groups but nothing to write home about. This is why I dont think it. Is much of an issue overall. That being said, if that team tanks ONLY for certain teams, I fully agree that is an issue as it is not equal amongstthe group of 8.

    As far as spending goes, I dont believe any TH level or league level has the market cornered on spending. Higher Ths/leagues MAY spend more per person but there are many more individuals in lower Ths/leagues that May spend less but volume makes up the difference. I dont think money should be any determiner of which players get ďspecialĒ treatment.

    IMO the real competition (not medal farming) starts at champs and this is due to SC offering up medals. I thought putting medals into competition was a poor idea at the get-go and have not changed that view yet. It creates two different drivers of behaviour: medal farming or competition, and neither is bettered by having the other in play at the same time.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Idont think a clan that tanks all seven battles is creating a situation that gives any of the o5er teams an advantage. In your example, if all seven teams score 45-0 against that opponent, that is no different than only having a seven team war. Nothing was handed to you, everyone in you league got the same advantage. Yes, you may get a piddling anount of medals more than other groups but nothing to write home about. This is why I dont think it. Is much of an issue overall. That being said, if that team tanks ONLY for certain teams, I fully agree that is an issue as it is not equal amongstthe group of 8.

    As far as spending goes, I dont believe any TH level or league level has the market cornered on spending. Higher Ths/leagues MAY spend more per person but there are many more individuals in lower Ths/leagues that May spend less but volume makes up the difference. I dont think money should be any determiner of which players get “special” treatment.

    IMO the real competition (not medal farming) starts at champs and this is due to SC offering up medals. I thought putting medals into competition was a poor idea at the get-go and have not changed that view yet. It creates two different drivers of behaviour: medal farming or competition, and neither is bettered by having the other in play at the same time.
    i like your last point...and I agree that medals is the root of a lot of the problems. That is precisely why you see some clans use very few attacks. The L or CO has an inactive clan, but enough on roster to enter CWL to get 8 stars and get max medals for their finishing position. SC changed the medal reward system several months back to make it more individualized.

    Point taken on clans not using attacks on any day. I would still like to see a clan reprimanded for this type of action. However, unlike in higher leagues, some clans in C1 and lower will bail out after their main 15 get 8 stars, sometimes putting in low bases that may not attack. That is why I’d like to see some minimum level of attacking % throughout the League days. Yes, they could attack and surrender right away, but it would still filter out many that put dead accounts in, and, for me, ruin the fun of competition each day.

    i feel like my point about money was perhaps confusing and lost in the argument. All I was saying is that problems need to be addressed equally across all divisions, and not just preferential treatment to higher up ones, because those in C1 and down are also ‘paying customers’ who need to be heard.
    Last edited by CuckooBrain; August 2nd, 2020 at 11:29 PM.

  5. #35
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by CuckooBrain View Post
    i like your last point...and I agree that medals is the root of a lot of the problems. That is precisely why you see some clans use very few attacks. The L or CO has an inactive clan, but enough on roster to enter CWL to get 8 stars and get max medals for their finishing position. SC changed the medal reward system several months back to make it more individualized.

    Point taken on clans not using attacks on any day. I would still like to see a clan reprimanded for this type of action. However, unlike in higher leagues, some clans in C1 and lower will bail out after their main 15 get 8 stars, sometimes putting in low bases that may not attack. That is why Iíd like to see some minimum level of attacking % throughout the League days. Yes, they could attack and surrender right away, but it would still filter out many that put dead accounts in, and, for me, ruin the fun of competition each day.

    i feel like my point about money was perhaps confusing and lost in the argument. All I was saying is that problems need to be addressed equally across all divisions, and not just preferential treatment to higher up ones, because those in C1 and down are also Ďpaying customersí who need to be heard.
    yes, agree that problems need to be addressed regardless of league or dollars spent or TH level. The only exceptions would be for things that only occur at higher levels ie. clouding at LL which they fixed with OBS. That fix however did apply equally to all who enter LL.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •