Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How do you motivate members?

Fresh Spawn

How do you motivate members?

I have a new clan (lvl 2 almost 3) that was just started a month and a half ago. We have just over 40 players but lots of lower bases. Been trying to motivate to get those guys to upgrade their bases and troops. I check their bases a lot and most arent doing anything. They want war all the time but dont wanna put in the foot work to make their bases and troops higher so that we can be competitive. Have plenty of active daily players but not active in getting working on their bases. Am i expecting to much or what? I understands its a new clan 5 of us left our old clan. We brought 2 TH 13s my 11 and 2 10s the rest are new guys and they are all super young also so that i feel is an barrier I'm trying to deal with also.
    Last edited by lcrowe6; July 30th, 2020 at 05:44 PM.

1. I'd suggest removing the clan tag from this post because this isn't the place for recruiting and that's how that comes off.

2. Maybe explain this to them. Something like for us to win more wars and be more competitive everyone needs to start upgrading their bases including researching new troop levels.

3. Only include players in the war search that have a Labratory that's currently working and maybe 1-3 builders actively upgrading a building/defense. The exact numbers are something you can set, but let your Clanmates know the rules so they're not left out of a war search and do not know why.

Level 19
    - 516/23,500 | Champion II
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 220] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Forum Elder
    Just to add to BloodyIrishman's post.

I absolutely will not include anyone in wars that are lagging behind with camps & CC. If they just upgraded their hall, I can live with level -1, but anyone with camps and/or CC at -2 can forget it.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    1. I'd suggest removing the clan tag from this post because this isn't the place for recruiting and that's how that comes off.

2. Maybe explain this to them. Something like for us to win more wars and be more competitive everyone needs to start upgrading their bases including researching new troop levels.

3. Only include players in the war search that have a Labratory that's currently working and maybe 1-3 builders actively upgrading a building/defense. The exact numbers are something you can set, but let your Clanmates know the rules so they're not left out of a war search and do not know why.
    I was not meaning for it to come off like that. I was doing it for the purpose of if someone wanted to look at the clan and see if there was something i was missing. I will give those options a try as well. Like i said being new i wasnt sure where to begin. I was co in my last clan but didn't have much authority.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    I understand where you're coming from, but I've always tried to keep out of how my members play their accounts. I don't check their bases to see what they're upgrading, so I wouldn't be in that situation. However, I do pick who I include in wars, so in a way, I guess I'm motivating players to advance, because they'll probably get left out if they don't. Due to the restrictions on the numbers of players that can be included, it's rare that we don't have to sit at least somebody out, and there have definitely been instances where I've sat out 6+ players (we have a bunch of mini accounts). I'd recommend doing that - when you have to sit somebody out of war, pick the ones who, for whatever reason, you don't think should make the cut.

Other ways you can motivate players is by setting the example. Post in clan chat when you upgrade something important (ie, "just finished my walls!", "it's going to be 3 days before I have a builder free."). Share some higher level attacks or comment on the ones in your wars. Make note of people who are playing the way you like (ie, "wow. what a beast. that level 45 AQ ripped that base apart", "you're village is looking good."). And if anyone asks why they're being left out of wars, just explain that everyone can't be included and you pick the strongest.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 727 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

Quote Originally Posted by lcrowe6 View Post
    I have a new clan (lvl 2 almost 3) that was just started a month and a half ago. We have just over 40 players but lots of lower bases. Been trying to motivate to get those guys to upgrade their bases and troops. I check their bases a lot and most arent doing anything. They want war all the time but dont wanna put in the foot work to make their bases and troops higher so that we can be competitive. Have plenty of active daily players but not active in getting working on their bases. Am i expecting to much or what? I understands its a new clan 5 of us left our old clan. We brought 2 TH 13s my 11 and 2 10s the rest are new guys and they are all super young also so that i feel is an barrier I'm trying to deal with also.
    What are your expectations, so far as the lower hall members are concerned?..
    Is rushing their accounts okay, so they more quickly hit the higher halls, and align better with yourselves?..
    Is it okay for constant fails, as they are so busy upgrading that their level is far superior to their ability?.

The bad news is that the clan is likely to be far too light to be competitive in cwl, since the unweighted system lends itself best to heavier accounts..
    If this is your goal, then rushing is acceptable, since weight and power anywhere can only help.

But if you enjoy regular war, then the good news is that size doesnt matter with the war spin..
    Your roster weight will be matched with something similar..
    it would be better for them to remain balanced or slightly leaning toward offence during their progression..
    And that extra time should enable them to be more experienced and proficient at their weight.

i never try to push anyone into progressing beyond their means..
    i think it would be self defeating.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by lcrowe6 View Post
    How to motivate? Thank&congratulate them for doing what you like them to do. eg Thank them for doing their attack. Congratulate them for an attack well done. Congratulate them on doing upgrades.

Why do you worry about lower bases? I think this concern is misplaced. If they are low bases, let them play. If they play low bases well, upgrading will be easy and natural. The game mechanism here is good enough, don't force it. Forcing this issue will make them unhappy, and de-motivate.

> They want war all the time
    That in itself is awesome, isn't it?
    When you put them in war, do they do their attacks?

> dont wanna put in the foot work to make their bases and troops higher so that we can be competitive.
    Are you talking CWL, or classic war?
    If you are talking classic war, you are off base. Classic war is good for low level accounts. You don't become more competitive by upgrading.

I think you are being too demanding with beginner players than you should.

I think you should help them with better attacks, and not push them to upgrade. If they learn better attacks, the upgrading will look after itself. Except, I would insist that they prioritise upgrading elixir collectors and barracks, as these are the basic things required to play.

Forum Superstar
    And after what everyone else said, you won't motivate all. Some just dont/won't care.

Fresh Spawn
    Thank you all so much. I love that these guys wanna war. (Classic). I have been reading and watching videos to try and help them get better with attacks. I have also been able to contact more players and A LOT of my guys are barely teenagers so completely brand new to the game. Hence why i have stepped back a lot on what i expect. Me and my other co have decided that the guys who excel in CWL and at least try their best will get our bonuses each month. Give them a morale booster!! During this CWL my guys at TH 7 and 8 are getting paired with lots of 9s and 10s. There have been several questions that have come up of what to do since they have had such a disadvantage. I am being very encouraging to them on what attacks work and what they can do to improve. They are working together and actually listening to what i suggest on attacks now instead of just a free for all. I have stepped back and been more of a teacher in the sense to help them along the way. I was not meaning to come off as expecting way to much. I was simply trying to get them to be more competitive cause they get so discouraged when we lose war. Thank you all so much for your advice. It has helped tremendously.