Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doubt: books vs hammers

Quote Originally Posted by LOVEforMOTHER View Post
    book of heroes cost half the gems than book of other things,
    but hammer of heroes cost more than other hammers; why this ambiguity with heroe's mi ?

Disclaimer: it's not a request for fix, little logical explanation,probably a link where I can find answers.Thank you.

Because the only thing books are doing is saving you time. Buildings generally take longer to upgrade than heroes, in fact up to what 2.5x as long? Not really sure. But that explains the cost difference there.

As for the Hero Hammer vs Troop/Spell hammer (both of which can save both time AND Dark Elixir) - I attribute this to demand. Demand is greater to have heroes up and available and therefore supercell has deemed these more expensive. It is because of this that I rarely buy hero hammers - have only done so in the past to get the last level or 2.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; July 30th, 2020 at 06:51 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 48/50/18 heroes
    TH12 - doug 51/58/28 heroes

I'd also add in the fact that heroes are so important for war & cwl that some players do buy gems just to purchase the book of hero from the trader.
    I know a pack of 500 gems doesn't cost a lot, but revenue is revenue, and anything that helps increase revenue for SC is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgakis View Post
    The only reason why the Book of Heroes costs less than the other ones is because the upgrade times cap at 7 days, compared to the other ones which cap at 18 days. If that was not the case, the Book of Heroes would indeed be pricier than the other ones.
    Cap is actually 8 days, but that is only last few levels.

I guess itís market driven. More people will pay to hammer heroes than anything else. Makes good business sense. Whether you agree with it or not, it is a good revenue generator for SC and they need to make money to keep running the game. So Iím fine with it, and HoH is the first thing I get. Same reason you canít use heroes in war when they are upgrading. Iím sure someone will say but hammers are free, but it still has an impact overall in terms of people gemming things for CWL to get an advantage.

The op is asking for someone to explain this:

Why does the hoh cost more than other hammers, but the boh cost less than other books?

My guess? Cheap books entice you to pay....pricey hammers entice you to play.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEforMOTHER View Post
    Please suggest a sub forum where can clear some doubt(in cases no a fix is required).

Coming to the topic.
    I said the book of building(925) costs almost double the book of heroes(500).

But in case of hammer it's opposite.Hammer of hero(165) way costly than
    hammer of building(120) or else.why is that?

Besides  skips the cost & time of both building and hero upgrade.same function; so that's can't be a logical answer to the the doubt mentioned above.
    Because when you gem Battle Machine upgrade which need 3-4 days, it cost less than 925 gems, so it doesn't make sense to have the BoH price at 925 gems. With this logic in mind, BoH price is fine, but it seems that the price of BoB, BoF are a bit overpriced at 925 gems. But they have to consider the usage in Main Village too. So I guess that's it, sometimes it doesn't seems logical, but you have to find the value in one of those deals.

Still searching for the hog rider in BB...
    Quote Originally Posted by Giorgakis View Post
    The only reason why the Book of Heroes costs less than the other ones is because the upgrade times cap at 7 days, compared to the other ones which cap at 18 days. If that was not the case, the Book of Heroes would indeed be pricier than the other ones.
    If this was the reason then it still doesn't explain why the hammer of heroes is more expensive, even though it saves less time than the other hammers. I guess the more expensive de balances it out.

By the way, the new upgrades for heroes take 8 days since the last update, 7 days was before that.

I think its better to look at the value of what it upgrades rather than just looking at it as something that "skips" or "instantly" upgrade a thing.

The value of an Eagle Artillery that has 1 upgrade level is greater than the value of hero that needs more than 2~3 upgrades to see a significant difference, a level 20 Queen walk's risk is not much of a different to a level 21 Queen walk when your'e at TH9, you have to reach a safe level 25 or max level 30 to guarantee a safer Queen charge, so if you think it carefully, a 500 gem worth of a Hero Book IMO is far more expensive compare to 900+ gem worth of a Book of Building that when used, your entire damage and defensive output provides a significant difference. So I can safely say Book price such as BoB's is cheaper than a 500 gem BoH.
    Last edited by maximooze007; July 31st, 2020 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theoverkiller View Post
    and you repeated the point i told when i wrote it in my post
    Oh should I thank you?, Thank you very much that you made it first.

Centennial Club
    Its all about Demand and Supply
    People usually buys Training potion and Hero book from trader
    We can survive with Key troops upgraded but mostly we want Heros Max faster.