Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Doubt: books vs hammers

  1. #1
    Centennial Club LOVEforMOTHER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Village in a clearing,in a magical forest.
    Posts
    133

    Doubt: books vs hammers

    book of heroes cost half the gems than book of other things,
    but hammer of heroes cost more than other hammers; why this ambiguity with heroe's mi ?

    Disclaimer: it's not a request for fix, little logical explanation,probably a link where I can find answers.Thank you.

  2. #2
    Furry Bunny wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    15,466
    Wrong subforum.
    The books at trader are at half of normal costs.
    A hammer is different from books because it includes ressources. Dark elixir is rare.

  3. #3
    Centennial Club LOVEforMOTHER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Village in a clearing,in a magical forest.
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    Wrong subforum.
    The books at trader are at half of normal costs.
    A hammer is different from books because it includes ressources. Dark elixir is rare.
    Please suggest a sub forum where can clear some doubt(in cases no a fix is required).

    Coming to the topic.
    I said the book of building(925) costs almost double the book of heroes(500).

    But in case of hammer it's opposite.Hammer of hero(165) way costly than
    hammer of building(120) or else.why is that?

    Besides 🔨 skips the cost & time of both building and hero upgrade.same function; so that's can't be a logical answer to the the doubt mentioned above.
    Last edited by LOVEforMOTHER; July 30th, 2020 at 07:37 AM.

  4. #4
    Forum Hero BloodyIrishman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    6,625
    The answer is because Dark Elixir is more valuable than Gold.

    Level 19
    - 516/23,500 | Champion II
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 220] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

  5. #5
    Centennial Club LOVEforMOTHER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Village in a clearing,in a magical forest.
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    The answer is because Dark Elixir is more valuable than Gold.
    I thought about Grand Warden(elxir hero as in case of hammer of training) to cancel out the DE logic yet I think DE logic is the most logical answer available.

    Very glad at least one understood what I tried to say.
    Last edited by LOVEforMOTHER; July 30th, 2020 at 09:19 AM.

  6. #6
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    8,147
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEforMOTHER View Post
    I thought about Grand Warden(elxir hero as in case of hammer of training) to cancel out the DE logic yet I think DE logic is the most logical answer available.

    Very glad at least one understood what I tried to say.
    You can also look at the costs to gem heroes vs buildings or spells. Books are essentially a substitute for gems. They save time. Booking a building or spell saves more time than booking a hero. That's why the books of spell or building are more expensive than hero books. As for hammers, I've always felt hero is a bit overpriced but hero upgrades are mostly de.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    The answer is because Dark Elixir is more valuable than Gold.
    Is that the reason though? A max lvl lava hound or golem is 270k DE and is a huge jam in the research queue.
    Given there are so many hero levels to grind through, more so than all troop levels combined? Maybe? Close anyway. Hammer of hero's should be cheaper. And the upgrade difference is next to nothing where most troops can be 10-20%+.

    I thought hero's and walls are the end game so warrant higher costs.

  8. #8
    Millennial Club Giorgakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Making Cannon suffer
    Posts
    1,318
    The only reason why the Book of Heroes costs less than the other ones is because the upgrade times cap at 7 days, compared to the other ones which cap at 18 days. If that was not the case, the Book of Heroes would indeed be pricier than the other ones.

  9. #9
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    948
    Preety much you got the answer
    1.DE is hard to farm compared to other resourses(hammer of heros costly than other hammers)
    2. Book of building and spell can save you upto more than double the time that book of heros does(other books costly compared to book of heros)

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    Is that the reason though? A max lvl lava hound or golem is 270k DE and is a huge jam in the research queue.
    Given there are so many hero levels to grind through, more so than all troop levels combined? Maybe? Close anyway. Hammer of hero's should be cheaper. And the upgrade difference is next to nothing where most troops can be 10-20%+.

    I thought hero's and walls are the end game so warrant higher costs.
    Why would you upgrade golem though?!

    @OP does it matter why there's a difference though? We can all see the values and evaluate best bang for the buck accordingly.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •