Thread: Skins got darker

Fresh Spawn

Exclamation Skins got darker

Hello!

I noticed some skins got darker. For example, the Valkyr Queen and the Autumn Queen. I remember they had rich colors. And now, as if they were doused with black elixir. Omg.

Screenshots:
    20200729_221246.jpg20200729_221336.jpg

Some skins have become better, or rather those parts that are metal. There appeared a shine.

I have a question for simple players, is it the same for you? Question to the developers, do you plan to improve the models? Because the way they look now is complete horror.

Thanks for your attention. I do not speak English well, I wrote this message through a translator, sorry for the mistakes if there are any.
    Last edited by Maje5tic; July 29th, 2020 at 08:11 PM.

It is intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The skin palette wasn't changed. We've been gradually adding Physics Based Rendering (PBR) to the 3D models. PBR, based on mathematical equations, is a technology that controls how accurately light hits and flows around the models. It creates more accurate shadows and more crisp Object Source Lighting (OSL).

Hi

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by clasher0011 View Post
    It is intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The skin palette wasn't changed. We've been gradually adding Physics Based Rendering (PBR) to the 3D models. PBR, based on mathematical equations, is a technology that controls how accurately light hits and flows around the models. It creates more accurate shadows and more crisp Object Source Lighting (OSL).
    Now it is clear! Thanks

But it got much worse. Don't they notice it? I don't even want to buy skins because of this. They look creepy. Hopefully they will finalize this new feature.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maje5tic View Post
    Now it is clear! Thanks

But it got much worse. Don't they notice it? I don't even want to buy skins because of this. They look creepy. Hopefully they will finalize this new feature.
    Then don't. It's your choice, I myself don't buy gold pass for the skins but for the extras it gives.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    Then don't. It's your choice, I myself don't buy gold pass for the skins but for the extras it gives.
    Oh I understand.) You're right.

To be clear, I'm only planning to buy one of these skins for gems. (one is already available, the other is likely to be added in the fall) And I really wish that their quality has improved. Therefore, I wrote here, they will suddenly see and correct. Good luck)
    Last edited by Maje5tic; July 30th, 2020 at 08:29 PM.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maje5tic View Post
    Oh I understand.) You're right.

To be clear, I'm only planning to buy one of these skins for gems. (one is already available, the other is likely to be added in the fall) And I really wish that their quality has improved. Therefore, I wrote here, they will suddenly see and correct. Good luck)
    Well if you read the very first post it has a quote from a supercell employee who says they don't need corrected because it's intended. So nothing will be changed.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    Well if you read the very first post it has a quote from a supercell employee who says they don't need corrected because it's intended. So nothing will be changed.
    No. It does not say that it will not be subject to correction. And in general, here and the cat understands that it does work not well enough if it makes skins darker than necessary. They will fix it, otherwise their new feature will devalue their own skins and those who paid real money for them.