Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Moderator

Fresh Spawn

Hey I'm 19 I was wondering what is required to become moderator because I been looking for a job for being a moderator for clash of clans
    Last edited by Kingjgg; July 29th, 2020 at 05:40 PM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingjgg View Post
    Hey I'm 19 I was wondering what is required to become moderator because I been looking for a job for being a moderator for clash of clans
    Hi. Generally speaking we look for moderators from active and reliable members of the community.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 727 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

Technically, it is not a "job". It is an unpaid volunteer position demanding of your time, commitment and effort for no money, nor any in-game powers nor perks. Still interested?

Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    I don't think they are looking for more moderators, as this forum is going inactive and there now seems to be about one moderator per every 5 active, productive members :-)

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Technically, it is not a "job". It is an unpaid volunteer position demanding of your time, commitment and effort for no money, nor any in-game powers nor perks. Still interested?
    First of all, welcome OP to the ForumTalk subforum. Here are posts about forum moderators written by Supercell staff if you haven't read them yet.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...tors-and-Staff

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...oderator-Badge

Quote Originally Posted by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>> View Post
    I don't think they are looking for more moderators, as this forum is going inactive and there now seems to be about one moderator per every 5 active, productive members :-)
    I think the forum moderators will invite other forumites to join them if they need help with moderating the forums. IIRC, the last time a new forum moderator was introduced to us was in 2017.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...west-Moderator
    Last edited by LynnK2015; July 30th, 2020 at 06:44 AM.
    Supercell’s CEO on its majority owner Tencent, finding its next hit, and more
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...t-hit-and-more

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    You would be wrong in that assumption.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 727 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

@Game Changer

You mean to say there are 400 moderators on this forum? Do the math the next time, fellow forumer, and improve your huntches. ;-)

@OP

If you would like to work with Supercell, you could poke around with their Careers page and see if you find anything that fits. Good luck!
    Last edited by Clash12344321; July 31st, 2020 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theoverkiller View Post
    um i surely would love the volunteering position of a mod ,but you know ,i do not think supercell will actually ask 8th graders like me to do mod work
    Unless you are an 18 year old 8th grader, then you still have chance!

The Mods sign a legally binding Nondisclosure Agreement (NDA). That contract is nonbinding if signed by a minor, hence they have the age requirement. That aside, I will say that I know there are 8th graders whom would be better canidates than some of the "adults" whom have been on these very forums in the past. Fortunately, rather than them be designated "mods", they were banished to "banned land". So age requirement is a legal thing, but not an indicator of "adults make better Mods than minors".
    Last edited by rowman; July 31st, 2020 at 11:21 AM.

Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash12344321 View Post
    @Game Changer

You mean to say there are 400 moderators on this forum? Do the math the next time, fellow forumer, and improve your huntches. ;-)
    i am not talking about the total number of active forumers. I am talking about the forumers who stay and actively post on the forums and NOT those leave the forum after 1 or 2 posts OR the spammers OR those who are here only to recruit OR those who are banned . The number of these viewers on most posts seem to be on average 75.
    Last edited by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>; July 31st, 2020 at 11:37 AM.

i am not talking about the total number of active forumers. I am talking about the forumers who stay and actively post on the forums and NOT those leave the forum after 1 or 2 posts OR the spammers OR those who are here only to recruit OR those who are banned . The number of these viewers on most posts seem to be on average 75.
    If you look in some of the sub-forums, ie Clan Wars, most views for posts are in the thousands ... #justsaying The forum is alive and kicking

“Sister in battle, I am shield and blade to you. As I breathe, your enemies will know no sanctuary. While I live, your cause is mine.” The Oath of an Amazon

Thank you so much DragonX101 for the amazing avatar and signature! I’m no longer faceless *grins*!