Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Moderator

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11
    Quote Originally Posted by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>> View Post
    i am not talking about the total number of active forumers. I am talking about the forumers who stay and actively post on the forums and NOT those leave the forum after 1 or 2 posts OR the spammers OR those who are here only to recruit OR those who are banned . The number of these viewers on most posts seem to be on average 75.
    ...and this thread currently shows as having been viewed 902 times.

Hay Day level 187 (main farm) - I have seven others!

Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    ...and this thread currently shows as having been viewed 902 times.
    But the total number of viewers is shown as just 35 :-)
    Last edited by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>; July 31st, 2020 at 01:16 PM.
    Thank you,TerMinus Prime(TP) for this signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon Unicorn View Post
    If you look in some of the sub-forums, ie Clan Wars, most views for posts are in the thousands ... #justsaying The forum is alive and kicking
    But the number of members who viewed the three latest threads in the Clan Wars are 10,27,44 respectively. The non-members don't need moderation, right?
    Last edited by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>; July 31st, 2020 at 01:19 PM.

The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
    But the total number of viewers is shown as just 35 :-)
    That is the number of members that have seen it in the last 14 days.....if you go over to the new posts section,and go over to this thread,it will show 963 views.(current count)That is the sum of views of members and visitors/guests,users who don't have a forum ID.....
    "VICTORY GOES TO THE BRAVE OF HEART.AND TO JACKO.WAIT,THAT'S ME!!!"

Not actually me,though.That would be so cool....so cool.
    Check the out wiki for clearing some common doubts,trust me it'll help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudo3326User View Post
    That is the number of members that have seen it in the last 14 days.....if you go over to the new posts section,and go over to this thread,it will show 963 views.(current count)That is the sum of views of members and visitors/guests,users who don't have a forum ID.....
    Yeah, but the visitors/guests dont need moderation :-)

The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
    Yes,but even then the number of active users(according to the front page of the forum) is 3,275....
    "VICTORY GOES TO THE BRAVE OF HEART.AND TO JACKO.WAIT,THAT'S ME!!!"

Not actually me,though.That would be so cool....so cool.
    Check the out wiki for clearing some common doubts,trust me it'll help.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    They don't? That's news to me. The OP asked what we look for in moderators and it was answered. All you seem to doing is declaring that the forum is dead and we don't need new moderators. It's kind of pointless, because you don't get a say and all your posts are doing is leaving me with the impression that you wouldn't be a very good candidate. So whether we need new moderators or don't need new moderators, I think you won't have to worry.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 727 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    They don't? That's news to me. The OP asked what we look for in moderators and it was answered. All you seem to doing is declaring that the forum is dead and we don't need new moderators. It's kind of pointless, because you don't get a say and all your posts are doing is leaving me with the impression that you wouldn't be a very good candidate. So whether we need new moderators or don't need new moderators, I think you won't have to worry.
    To begin with, that seemed like a violation of Forum Rule 1 to me. I thought that this was a public forum where anyone can voice their opinions as long as it is within the rules? Or is this just a questionnaire for the mods? I don't think I broke any of the forum rules. What I told was that it seemed to me as if forum has enough mods. Everything that I mentioned was from third person narrative. It was clearly just my assumptions AND/OR my thoughts. I didn't pretend/claim to be any Supercell official/developer/moderator/forum manager. Also, I don't think that I have ever mentioned anywhere that I want to be a moderator.
    Last edited by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>; July 31st, 2020 at 06:29 PM.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #19
    To begin with, that seemed like a violation of Forum Rule 1 to me. I thought that this was a public forum where anyone can voice their opinions as long as it is within the rules? Or is this just a questionnaire for the mods? I don't think I broke any of the forum rules. What I told was that it seemed to me as if forum has enough mods. Everything that I mentioned was from third person narrative. It was clearly just my assumptions AND/OR my thoughts. I didn't pretend/claim to be any Supercell official/developer/moderator/forum manager. Also, I don't think that I have ever mentioned anywhere that I want to be a moderator.
    The OP asked what it'd take to become a moderator. It does appear to be directed to moderators since moderators choose the new moderators, but by all means forum members can comment on the topic, too. However, you haven't replied even once to that question. All you've talked about is how you believe the forums are going inactive and no new moderators are needed.

My point was and still is germaine to the actual topic of this thread. If one wants to become a moderator, you need to be an active, reliable member of the community. My personal opinion, and the way I would vote should the topic come up, is I wouldn't recommend a member who derailed a thread in order to make claims that the forum is dead or dying, or who minimizes the amount of work we do on a daily basis.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 727 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    ... is I wouldn't recommend a member who derailed a thread ....
    Just to add to that statement, there a rules and there are rules! People have to read all the rules, they all apply, including https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...Don-t-Be-Toxic!, which explictly warns about "Intentionally derailing a thread". I personally would advise anyone to heed to the wisdom of Sharkyfinn, and for them to not push boundaries.

Anyway, wanted to add that rule to this discussion since that is personally my favorite rule! It ask us to simply be constructive, not destructive. If one believes truely that these forums are dead (I then always question of course "Why are they even here if they believe that?"), ringing a "death toll" serves absolutely no constructive purpose. Rather those whom feel that way should be suggesting ways to attrack, and retain, members (constructive approach).
    Last edited by rowman; July 31st, 2020 at 11:42 PM.