Thread: Use a better tool to suggest new ideas

Use a better tool to suggest new ideas

It would be nice to use a better tool to suggest new ideas or fix to the game, allowing users to Upvote ideas.

This way the dev's & players would know what's most interresting to implement in a near future. I won't talk about some ideas because they have been ruled out, even if i think those are major issues in this game.

I've not seen any rule saying that we can't suggest a tool, so here we are... JIRA is a tool allowing to create tickets, and let people Upvote, link tickets together, etc... powerful tool.

Supercell has been pretty open about the fact they do not develop-by-committee which is why we don't see polls basically.

Also, these forums are a very small fraction of the overall player base and as such may not always be an accurate reflection of what the player base actually wants anyway.

Level 19
    - 516/23,500 | Champion II
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 220] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by cdebel2005 View Post
    It would be nice to use a better tool to suggest new ideas or fix to the game, allowing users to Upvote ideas.

This way the dev's & players would know what's most interresting to implement in a near future. I won't talk about some ideas because they have been ruled out, even if i think those are major issues in this game.

I've not seen any rule saying that we can't suggest a tool, so here we are... JIRA is a tool allowing to create tickets, and let people Upvote, link tickets together, etc... powerful tool.
    I have to use JIRA at work. Please dont ruin my leisure hours having to use that horrid tool. As noted above, the last thing we need is development by committee...”A committee is a large animal with many legs, many hands, many mouths but no brains”.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    Supercell has been pretty open about the fact they do not develop-by-committee which is why we don't see polls basically.

Also, these forums are a very small fraction of the overall player base and as such may not always be an accurate reflection of what the player base actually wants anyway.
    Not that it even matters what the majority of players want because it might not even be in the best interest for the longevity of the game. That's why upvoting or polling is pointless because at the end of the day supercell has the final vote.
    | BK 74 | AQ 75 | GW 50 | RC 20 |

I also don't like Jira or Redmine or any other tool that would "support" us as they are not very easy to understand or handle if you're not familiar with the foundations of project management or development procedures.

But I also think that the results of this feature-request forum could be presented in a more fancy and informative way. Currently it's only an unsorted bunch of posts with very few stickies and explanation.
    Helpful information for a request would include something like:
    Date of first request, date of last request, date of last official response to that, status (under observation/in discussion, in implementation maybe incl. expected completion date, ruled out incl. explanation of the reasons).

And many people - especially newer forum members - seem to miss some sort of guidance to place their ideas: filtering for keywords, base type (home or builder), scope (troops, defense, layout, QoL, training, resources, war-weight, match-making, new TH ideas, skins, decations, ...).