Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do yall make your neighborhood exciting and fun?

How do yall make your neighborhood exciting and fun?

What makes a neighborhood more enjoyable for yall?
    Last edited by Phamasco; July 29th, 2020 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Does not fit forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Phamasco View Post
    I have been enjoying playing Hay Day less and less lately. I’m at a higher level and for the longest time I was a loner and did the derby by myself. I didn’t mind that at all and had fun increasing levels. But then people randomly started joining and so I decided to start recruiting. It takes time to learn how to organize the hood, create rules, game plans, etc. Well people have been joining and leaving and at first it would kind of make me feel bad because I thought they weren’t having a good time and that I was a bad leader. Sometimes I want to not even be a leader but I don’t want to abandon those who have been with me from the start and trust me. It takes time to build a good hood but it can be depressing too when drama comes into the picture. So what do you do to have a fun environment and not get bored?
    from my experience, people remain engaged when they can help. Once a farmer no longer needs help, they seem to start keeping to themselves. Meanwhile, we all seem to strive to be self sufficient.

i think the key to harmony would be to always having lower level farmers to help. While I give unconditionally and many in our hood do the same, many farmers complain of “leeches” and “raiders”.

if we feel that we are being taken advantage of or we don’t have what is requested, we don’t help.

that said, many of our lower level farmers no longer farm. If I had time to invest in recruiting, I would open us up to farmers without big demands or requirements or mandatory derby expectations, however, a well-honed hood would frown on this.

be welcoming, be kind, be open, be patient. As long as they are not rude, don’t communicate, don’t reciprocate, you can be successful in recruiting.

if you drop a league because of an inexperienced farmer, you can get it back. I don’t see it as a big deal. I would rather have new blood and work with them.
    Farm 144
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 60 GW 40
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    from my experience, people remain engaged when they can help. Once a farmer no longer needs help, they seem to start keeping to themselves. Meanwhile, we all seem to strive to be self sufficient.

i think the key to harmony would be to always having lower level farmers to help. While I give unconditionally and many in our hood do the same, many farmers complain of “leeches” and “raiders”.

if we feel that we are being taken advantage of or we don’t have what is requested, we don’t help.

that said, many of our lower level farmers no longer farm. If I had time to invest in recruiting, I would open us up to farmers without big demands or requirements or mandatory derby expectations, however, a well-honed hood would frown on this.

be welcoming, be kind, be open, be patient. As long as they are not rude, don’t communicate, don’t reciprocate, you can be successful in recruiting.

if you drop a league because of an inexperienced farmer, you can get it back. I don’t see it as a big deal. I would rather have new blood and work with them.
    Thanks for your reply. Yeah its very hard to get players who make the hood fun. They are so quiet lately that its making it kind of boring. We have strict rules in the hood so weve never dropped leagues but it still is very time consuming. Being a leader is hard work. I can be a bit impatient so wanting to have 30 good players that are active, dedicated, derby focused and fun seems like a lot to ask for lately.

Your Leader Has to Offer More

We award Derby Bonus Coins to our Top 3 Derby Contributors. While coins are worthless to older players, they are invaluable to younger players. This encourages more neighbors to participate in the weekly derby (which makes each derby easier) and also gives them an incentive to play an optimal game. We've awarded just over 10.9M coins to date.

We also maintain a Fishing Leaderboard. We post the names of the neighbors with the heaviest fish caught among all 43 species.

Lastly, but most importantly, we maintain a Strategy Guide which provides easy instructions on how to play Hay Day optimally. This includes a Farm, Fishing, Town, and Derby strategy section as well as a detailed machine analysis and tips/tricks on getting more coins, vouchers, diamonds, and tools.

I created my own neighborhood over 2.5 years ago, and is doing well. We have about 20 players.

For our hood, I think helping and talking to each other keeps everyone interested in playing and keeps the game exciting. About a third of us are level 100+, so we can easily help out the lower level players. We also chat about our daily lives occasionally, which helps us to get to know each other more too. We all play the game casually, and don’t stress over the Derby or Valley.

We use the Discord app for outside communication to keep the game chat pretty much farm focused. We occasionally do a contest or just random drawing for a prize like 10 blankets, or I might offer my next Tom run to someone. I found an app where I put all of the names into a hat and it selects a winner.

Centennial Club
    The Derby is the biggest source of frustration and conflict in hayday. We've lost more players over that than anything else, and we still haven't managed to unlock all horseshoes more than twice this year. I wish they would do something about it. For example, only awarding players the same number of prizes as the number of tasks that they completed. So even if the neighborhood unlocked 8 prizes, if you only completed one task, then you only get one prize. It would stop people from taking one task and sitting on it all week, and give them an incentive to put more effort in. There are so many ways they can fix it, but for some reason they just allow that to fester.

Smile Competition!

Quote Originally Posted by Phamasco View Post
    What makes a neighborhood more enjoyable for y’all?
    We keep our neighbors engaged by using competition as a driving force. Examples include: Every month we award a player the FARMS award by voting (Friendly, Active, Remarkable (in derby), Munificent, Sustainable). We do month-long derby competitions where players are split up into teams and we reward players using high amounts of coins (1 millions for the winner, 100 thousand for 2nd place and 10 thousand for third place) and other rewards like dairy product or BEMs. Each month we challenge ourselves to decorate our farms (or a section of our farms, or the town area, etc) based on a certain theme and then we vote on who did the best! There's a lot that the leadership of a neighborhood can do to increase the fun-factor of playing hay day together!
    Last edited by SoulTaker981; August 5th, 2020 at 01:13 AM.

Are you a leader in your NH? If not, why not try to find a hood better suited to your wants and needs. Sorry I’m not much help and good luck.

Still trying to figure it out after 4.5 years.
    Miss
    Hood: Miss Behaving Tag#88vpc8rq