Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Caught Bunny Did not Register

Caught Bunny Did not Register

Iíve used 5 derby tasks to catch 2 bunnies.

First, the game as usual made me select a task before the bunny time would start. Then it started right away requiring a scramble to get my first task done to grab two more before the 10 minutes were up but I managed. I caught the bunny and the first column activated.

I activated a second bunny time, but missed it altogether because in my hurry (see above) I had grabbed a second bunny task that I could not complete in time. I waited and a third bunny time finally started. I grabbed and completed two tasks. Instead of getting a second bunny column, the first flashed again and said I caught a bunny.

If this keeps up I will run out of derby tasks never having received the three bunny columns.

I am very much not amused.

Was the first reward column to flash a regular derby threshold? Then the second one to flash the first bunny column when bunny 1 was caught? It’s impossible to unlock two bunny reward columns already. It’s only day 1 of derby and bunny 2 isn’t released until tomorrow and bunny 3 will come on Friday if following pattern of past derbies

No QBIE. It definitely wasnít a regular column. I was a little surprised when the second bunny time started but I thought it was one of those unannounced changes that we have become (too) accustomed to. So accustomed that I just accepted the error. 😐 This is what happens when ďsilenceĒ is the communication plan.

The bunny timer is now giving the usual 1 day+ schedule.

Now if itís a glitch thatís one thing. But the glitch made me use 2 derby tasks of a finite number. Also, if I hadnít used the two tasks would the error have continued until I did use it? And what would have happened if I didnít use it until Friday? Would I have been locked out (because of time) of a second and third column? Additionally, the only reason I have a task buffer is because I am in the CL. Unacceptable.

Iím sorry. Iím just a little ticked off.

No apologies necessary. Trying to understand bunny derby has definitely been a challenge and as u said, SC hasn’t answered a single question about it, so it’s definitely frustrating.

how many opted in ur derby this week? One? If u bear with me, I’m trying piece together what I think may have happened regarding bunny times. Bunny times will continue to happen until bunny is caught, so it is not surprising to me that a second bunny time started since as u said, u did not complete ur second bunny task until sometime after the 2nd bunny time expired. You didn’t say when u completed that second bunny task so I’m thinking u finished it after the 3rd bunny time started but before those 10 min bunny time ended. What I dont think I’ve encountered yet is that scenario: if a bunny is caught during bunny time, but next bunny not released yet, will the timer continue to countdown the remainder of those 10 min bunny time (just like it does the remainder of the 1hr 30min if a bunny is caught during nonbunny time)? If it does, that would explain why u were able to take and complete 2 more bunny tasks but not unlock the second bunny column. But that is also very misleading to have bunny time still continue after catching bunny 1 and so u think bunny 2 is already available to catch. I’m actually on my second bunny task and will wait til the next bunny time starts in about 20 min to finish it and test this exact scenario out.

update: yep, 10min bunny timer continues to run down after catching bunny 1 and bunny 2 not released yet. I guess until SC reprograms bunny timer to immediately check for next bunny time whenever a bunny is caught, we need to look at racetrack tab to see a if bunny counter is there. If no counter there, even tho there is still bunny time left to take a bunny task, they won’t count because there is no bunny to catch.
    Last edited by QBIE; July 28th, 2020 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
    I’ve used 5 derby tasks to catch 2 bunnies.

First, the game as usual made me select a task before the bunny time would start. Then it started right away requiring a scramble to get my first task done to grab two more before the 10 minutes were up but I managed. I caught the bunny and the first column activated.

I activated a second bunny time, but missed it altogether because in my hurry (see above) I had grabbed a second bunny task that I could not complete in time. I waited and a third bunny time finally started. I grabbed and completed two tasks. Instead of getting a second bunny column, the first flashed again and said I caught a bunny.

If this keeps up I will run out of derby tasks never having received the three bunny columns.

I am very much not amused.
    Did you see the 2nd and 3rd bunnies on the racetrack, or did the task board just say it was bunny time? I’ve had the same problem as you when the task board said it was bunny time, but there was no bunny on the racetrack. The only time I’ve been able to catch a bunny was when I could see one on the racetrack.

Are we saying that under some circumstances, bunny time keeps coming even when bunny caught (during bunny time)? My golden rule would just be to watch if there is a bunny with counter on the track. Not believing anything else.

Guess there won’t be any bunny derby guide soon with the rules changing so much .

I’m sorry for you, BG. Sending peanuts up to the cloud above. With the compliments of the Chief.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game. Report abuse/spam - UTC Time conversion (add your city)

Valley info : Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 148♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

...if I hadn’t used the two tasks would the error have continued until I did use it? And what would have happened if I didn’t use it until Friday? Would I have been locked out (because of time) of a second and third column?
    It is good ur in CL so u have a buffer on #tasks. I’m in pro league and can not afford to make an error. I did once and it cost me a bunny column so I try to be very careful to not make a mistake again. To answer ur questions once bunny time ran out it would then correctly display the next bunny time like it is for u now. If u didn’t do anymore tasks til fri u would see regular bunny time intervals starting when bunny 2 is released. U have all derby to complete enuf bunny tasks to catch all 3 bunnies, even if u waited til fri or later to start the derby. U would be locked out of second and third bunny columns only if u did not complete enuf bunny tasks (while a counter was on the racetrack) to unlock them
    Last edited by QBIE; July 28th, 2020 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    Are we saying that under some circumstances, bunny time keeps coming even when bunny caught (during bunny time)? My golden rule would just be to watch if there is a bunny with counter on the track. Not believing anything else.
    i haven’t seen that. All I saw was after catching a bunny during bunny time, but next bunny not released yet, the 10 min bunny time counter still continues to run down making u think u can still take more bunny tasks to catch another bunny, but there is no counter on the racetrack anymore. Once the timer runs out it correctly displays next bunny time and there aren’t any more bunny times. sorry I’m usually finishing my tasks outside of bunny time so didn’t encounter this scenario.
    Last edited by QBIE; July 28th, 2020 at 11:39 PM.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by QBIE View Post
    No apologies necessary. Trying to understand bunny derby has definitely been a challenge and as u said, SC hasnít answered a single question about it, so itís definitely frustrating.

how many opted in ur derby this week? One? If u bear with me, Iím trying piece together what I think may have happened regarding bunny times. Bunny times will continue to happen until bunny is caught, so it is not surprising to me that a second bunny time started since as u said, u did not complete ur second bunny task until sometime after the 2nd bunny time expired. You didnít say when u completed that second bunny task so Iím thinking u finished it after the 3rd bunny time started but before those 10 min bunny time ended. What I dont think Iíve encountered yet is that scenario: if a bunny is caught during bunny time, but next bunny not released yet, will the timer continue to countdown the remainder of those 10 min bunny time (just like it does the remainder of the 1hr 30min if a bunny is caught during nonbunny time)? If it does, that would explain why u were able to take and complete 2 more bunny tasks but not unlock the second bunny column. But that is also very misleading to have bunny time still continue after catching bunny 1 and so u think bunny 2 is already available to catch. Iím actually on my second bunny task and will wait til the next bunny time starts in about 20 min to finish it and test this exact scenario out.

update: yep, 10min bunny timer continues to run down after catching bunny 1 and bunny 2 not released yet. I guess until SC reprograms bunny timer to immediately check for next bunny time whenever a bunny is caught, we need to look at racetrack tab to see a if bunny counter is there. If no counter there, even tho there is still bunny time left to take a bunny task, they wonít count because there is no bunny to catch.
    Just me.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvHayDay View Post
    Did you see the 2nd and 3rd bunnies on the racetrack, or did the task board just say it was bunny time? Iíve had the same problem as you when the task board said it was bunny time, but there was no bunny on the racetrack. The only time Iíve been able to catch a bunny was when I could see one on the racetrack.
    I never checked. I will from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post

Guess there wonít be any bunny derby guide soon with the rules changing so much .

Iím sorry for you, BG. Sending peanuts up to the cloud above. With the compliments of the Chief.
    I am accepting all peanut donations. Thanks. 😁

I think - without testing it - that my not finishing the second bunny task within the bunny time (BT) may have triggered the glitch. Itís never done that before but who knows. In any event, the BT came back twice after the first (and only legitimate) time. It was coming back every 90 minutes.

It was during the third time that it came back that I was able to complete was the second bunny task; I then quickly grabbed two more to catch what I thought was the second bunny. The fake BT would probably have not come back after I completed the original task, but I was just hurrying trying to do two more tasks.

Anyway, guys, thanks very much for your responses. They helped.

Just me....I think - without testing it - that my not finishing the second bunny task within the bunny time (BT) may have triggered the glitch. It’s never done that before but who knows. In any event, the BT came back twice after the first (and only legitimate) time. It was coming back every 90 minutes.

It was during the third time that it came back that I was able to complete was the second bunny task; I then quickly grabbed two more to catch what I thought was the second bunny. The fake BT would probably have not come back after I completed the original task, but I was just hurrying trying to do two more tasks.

Anyway, guys, thanks very much for your responses. They helped.
    Thx for confirming what I thought happened. Just for the record, those subsequent BTs were not “fake.” As long as a bunny is out and hasn’t been caught yet there will be the cycle of 10 min BT followed by 90 min break as u observed. At least that’s what I’ve always seen (except during that chill bunny derby where the non-BT timer kept resetting back to 1hr 30 min and I considered that a glitch). I’m usually grabbing a help task for my second bunny task where I can’t find 30 plants to revive during the same 10 min of BT that I took the task and still can’t finish during the 90 min break before the cycle of BT/break starts repeating. So ur correct, if u had finished ur second bunny task either within the first BT or the 90min break that followed it, u would not have seen anymore BTs.

What I consider to be fake is when the next bunny isn’t out yet and:
    1) you catch a bunny during BT and you still have remaining BT left but there isn’t a bunny on the racetrack anymore
    2) you catch a bunny during the break and the timer continues to run down saying “Next BT in: xxx” making ppl think the next bunny will arrive then and get all confused when it runs out and changes to say next BT in 1 day or whatever

Currently the timer will reset immediately after a bunny is caught only if the next bunny has also already been released. That is because each bunny arrival starts a new cycle of BT/break.
    Last edited by QBIE; July 29th, 2020 at 04:16 AM.