Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Draw (time tie braker)/ Streak QoL

Well i just wanna know, anyone experienced this kind of war which i mentioned in OP, same stars and destruction but still not 100%

You guys will realise the real frustration if you face such a draw where your everything was better than enemy, avg. time, stars and most 3 stars , no. of wins and all. And that too in a mismatch and also streak on line.

Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    Yes, I saw your reply to me and responded, then read the remaining posts and your comment after a post from someone also posting what I had said.
    Some good discussion here, I think there are many ideas to beak the tie, but all get very complicated and possibly difficult for the average player to work out on their own. If their is a next step to break the tie, then it needs to be something that an average player could look at, and work out what is needed to win. Currently in a war, where itís say, 23-24 where I can get only one more star, I can see I need one more star and 3% extra to win and easily calculate what base needs to be hit to achieve this, and what bases to avoid. If the 3rd breaker is more complex then that, itís best to not introduce anything let the tie stand.
    I agree to that. There should be a possibility to plan out the decisive attacks if another tie breaker gets introduced, not something like the remaining troops or such that.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by ExploringGalaxy View Post
    Well i just wanna know, anyone experienced this kind of war which i mentioned in OP, same stars and destruction but still not 100%

You guys will realise the real frustration if you face such a draw where your everything was better than enemy, avg. time, stars and most 3 stars , no. of wins and all. And that too in a mismatch and also streak on line.
    I have faced such a draw in my clan. Once in over 800 wars. Not the biggest issue IMO and hardly needs a fix. Additionally your everything was not not better, you tied on both stars and % and obviously your defense wasn’t all it could be either.
    Last edited by Tosti111; July 28th, 2020 at 06:39 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    The problem is not all wars are even at the top. So if A1 was a th11 and B1 was a th12 your pretty much guaranteed a win if your #1 is stronger.

At that point most clans can max their top couple bases and rush the lowers because only the top 1 counts for tie breakers.

I played a different game that used time as a tie breaker and everyone dipped so they could get quickest time. Wars were not very fun because you were not challenged at all other than can I get that base done faster than you.

I've been playing very close attention to war matching, especially since a period a year ago when many of my clan war searches failed. A lot of people here on the forum gave poor answers saying the problem was the spread of TH levels. SC soon fixed it. They were trying too hard to match the whole lineup of both sides.

Now, they put a very heavy weight on matching the top bases, and will let the lower end swing wild. Bottom end TH3s can easily be matched to TH6s, and it doesn't matter, because in classic war, given moderately good strategy and discipline in the lower and mid ranks, war wins are determined by the top end.

I never see a top position war weight mis-match. I never see a reasonable TH11 at #1 against a reasonable TH12 as opposing #1.

If someone tries to game the #1 results by rushing upgrades of their #1, it will cause the opponent to be a higher match, and the trick will fail.

All serious classic wars are even at the top. Maybe sub TH9 wars are different, but I don't call them serious.

Now, if you are thinking CWL ... once you get to crystal and above, the top base in the line-up will certainly be TH13, will be well advanced, and will be attacking with a maxed army. In CWL there is no disincentive to upgrading bases, and top end bases are all being rushed to be strongest.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    I've been playing very close attention to war matching, especially since a period a year ago when many of my clan war searches failed. A lot of people here on the forum gave poor answers saying the problem was the spread of TH levels. SC soon fixed it. They were trying too hard to match the whole lineup of both sides.

Now, they put a very heavy weight on matching the top bases, and will let the lower end swing wild. Bottom end TH3s can easily be matched to TH6s, and it doesn't matter, because in classic war, given moderately good strategy and discipline in the lower and mid ranks, war wins are determined by the top end.

I never see a top position war weight mis-match. I never see a reasonable TH11 at #1 against a reasonable TH12 as opposing #1.
    How about a new th12 vs maxed th11?

With the new update giving a power boost the th12 now has maxed troops.

Forum All-Star
    How about a new th12 vs maxed th11?

With the new update giving a power boost the th12 now has maxed troops.
    That would work, for that war, but couldn’t be done repeatedly.

I think it is generally a good thing to encourage upgrading sooner over delaying upgrades.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    That would work, for that war, but couldnít be done repeatedly.

I think it is generally a good thing to encourage upgrading sooner over delaying upgrades.
    Isn't that 1 war the point? Actually they can repeatedly do it with power potions.

If I have a 15-20 win streak and come against that new th12, our streak is over. There can always be a chance a clan comes across a new th in the #1 spot. Having that only base be the deciding factor in who wins a draw is just not a good idea when wars are a group effort.

Quote Originally Posted by ExploringGalaxy View Post
    We recently ended our winning streak by draw 42-42 stars, in 15 vs 15, with same destruction %
    I think we deserved the win because our avg. Attack duration was less and we also got mismatch as there was one extra th13 in opponent but who will care that

1) I suggest that they should consider "average attack duration" as tie breaker in case of draw to give deserving team winner.

2) Streak should remain as it is in case of a draw.
    Why donít they make it where when war is a tie, for a tie breaker, it will be a rematch the only difference will be is that supercell will make it where each player has to change the design of their base layout so no one has the benefit of possibly 3 starring the same base layout again.

Forum All-Star
    Isn't that 1 war the point? Actually they can repeatedly do it with power potions.

If I have a 15-20 win streak and come against that new th12, our streak is over. There can always be a chance a clan comes across a new th in the #1 spot. Having that only base be the deciding factor in who wins a draw is just not a good idea when wars are a group effort.
    It will be no worse than the status quo, where the tie is unbroken, and your win streak is over.

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacoman21204 View Post
    Why donít they make it where when war is a tie, for a tie breaker, it will be a rematch the only difference will be is that supercell will make it where each player has to change the design of their base layout so no one has the benefit of possibly 3 starring the same base layout again.
    Because, you cannot guarantee, and cannot reasonably force, the same players to all turn up again.