Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Reduce Tencent's Share in SuperCell

Reduce Tencent's Share in SuperCell

Hi Everyone!!!
    Coming directly to the point...
    I have a suggestion for all clashers that what can we do to decrease Tencent's Share in SuperCell...

We all can contribute a little... Like every Clasher can purchase some shares of Supercell...
    Even if everyone purchased one share it will make a large difference and will ultimately lead to decrease in Tencent's Share...

If there is some problem with my idea than please let me know!!

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Sorr, but that will make no difference to Tencent's share, because that isn't how buying shares works.

When you or I (or anybody else) purchase shares in a company, we are purchasing them from somebody who wants to sell (except with new issues).

If Tencent aren't selling, their share will not reduce, no matter how many we buy. All that would change if millions of players bought shares is that the price would go up as demand outstripped supply.
    Last edited by Ajax; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:30 AM.

To back up what Ajax correctly noted, see https://www.reuters.com/article/us-s...-idUSKCN0Z716E... 86%! That leaves only a mere 14% not under their control.

So what of buying out Tencent? If you own a majority of Tencent Holdings Limited, and they in turn hold a majority of Supercell, you get your wish! Currently they have 9.56B (yes, Billion) outstanding shares. Buy about 5B shares, and you "fish your wish", own over 50% and your group of Clash players will have control of both Tencent and Supercell.

But wait! The largest holder of Tencent shares (31%) is Naspars which is a South African company which is also publically traded! 31% is not the majority we seek, but it allows us to get a good start in our takeover endeavor.

So the trail continues, on and on and on.
    Last edited by rowman; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:48 PM.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    OP, I'm wondering the underlying reason for you to suggest that we clashers buy shares of Supercell so we may decrease Tencent's shares of Supercell.

Do you perceive that Tencent isn't permitting Supercell the operational independence which was agreed by Tencent and the Supercell founders as a condition before the acquisition of Supercell by Tencent?
    Thank you Supercell Co-Founder Mikko Kodisoja and good luck on your new adventure.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ft-the-Company

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    ... Do you perceive that Tencent isn't permitting Supercell the operational independence which was agreed by Tencent and the Supercell founders as a condition before the acquisition of Supercell by Tencent?
    Players in India have been in a panic last few weeks as their goverment has begun reviews, leading to some outright bans, of "Chinese apps": https://www.businessinsider.com/indi...se-apps-2020-7. As noted in that article, Tencent is under review. So they fear a possible Clash ban in India.

What those people I think fail to see is the "company", as opposed to the "stockholders". Supercell is a Finnish company, bound to Finnish laws, regulation and oversight, regardless of whom the stockholders are. There is a major difference in games Tencent directly produce, own and control (a "Chinese app"), and those they are "invested into".

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    ...What those people I think fail to see is the "company", as opposed to the "stockholders". Supercell is a Finnish company, bound to Finnish laws, regulation and oversight, regardless of whom the stockholders are. There is a major difference in games Tencent directly produce, own and control (a "Chinese app"), and those they are "invested into".
    Indeed, one of the conditions Supercell founders agreed to be acquired by Tencent is that SC HQ remain in Finland. Supercell is a Finland-based company owned by the largest gaming company in the world, Tencent.

BTW, Supercell didn't pay the license fee for Hay Day to be published in China's App Store, so Apple removed Hay Day at the request of the Chinese government.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-iOS-App-Store
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 2 Weeks Ago at 09:12 PM.
    Thank you Supercell Co-Founder Mikko Kodisoja and good luck on your new adventure.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ft-the-Company

Centennial Club
    There are big issues in the world. However, I am not trying to change or influence those issues within an entertainment platform. I didnít mind a semi-serious free-speech conversation in global every now and then while waiting for troops especially when IMO those making truth claims donít seem to have considered all points. But in general , I log on to Clash to ignore the world for a while.

I play for fun. I donít really care about this issue. I hope China/India come to a peaceful understanding over the border.

Village in a clearing,in a magical forest.
    Quote Originally Posted by JD4U View Post

I play for fun. I donít really care about this issue. I hope China/India come to a peaceful understanding over the border.
    But Indian fans do care if their is going to be a bann.But I don't think so as COC server is based in Finland . let's hope for the best.

Also I think the bann is not directly connected to the border issue.Some other apps(which have server based in China) got banned in multiple countries due to threat of cyber attacks as a mothod of revenge.

More than anything
    mentioning border issue is not suitable in this forum I guess.I want to be free from that heat here .

Centennial Club
    Noted LoveforMother. Thanks.