Thread: Results of overshooting points in CG

The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe

Question Results of overshooting points in CG

Has anyone else ever experienced this ?

I was doing CG challenges and was at 3400 points,when I saw a BB challenge,worth 800 points.
    I took it(knowing I'd we wasting 200 points).
    When i completed it and entered the caravan,It reduced my total points to 3200 and added 800 points,making the total 4000 points.

Can anyone explain why it deducts the wasted points before adding the challenge points ?
    "VICTORY GOES TO THE BRAVE OF HEART.AND TO JACKO.WAIT,THAT'S ME!!!"

Not actually me,though.That would be so cool....so cool.
    Check the out wiki for clearing some common doubts,trust me it'll help.

The limitations is 4k it deduct from yours contribution as well as overall clan points for that particular challange only 600 will be added to total contributions
    But if you look at your achievements it will add 800 points

Quote Originally Posted by RH69 View Post
    The limitations is 4k it deduct from yours contribution as well as overall clan points for that particular challange only 600 will be added to total contributions
    But if you look at your achievements it will add 800 points
    Yes...this also what I noticed.
    I would prefer that it would warn you when accepting challenges overshooting CG points limit...

It used to not do this, but SC changed it.
    I remember getting within 25 or 50 points of max, then selecting a 1K point challenge to boost my final points contribution.
    I liked that it used to show how much over you went and that it was added to the clan total of points.
    Sadly they removed it and I'm not sure why.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    It used to not do this, but SC changed it.
    I remember getting within 25 or 50 points of max, then selecting a 1K point challenge to boost my final points contribution.
    I liked that it used to show how much over you went and that it was added to the clan total of points.
    Sadly they removed it and I'm not sure why.
    No, it was never the case. You could only contribute 4K points to your Clan overall CG points. The excess is counted to your achievement count only, not the Clan overall CG points. In the past it was just visual difference that made you think the excess points were counted in you Clan's overall points, but actually it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudo3326User View Post
    Has anyone else ever experienced this ?

I was doing CG challenges and was at 3400 points,when I saw a BB challenge,worth 800 points.
    I took it(knowing I'd we wasting 200 points).
    When i completed it and entered the caravan,It reduced my total points to 3200 and added 800 points,making the total 4000 points.

Can anyone explain why it deducts the wasted points before adding the challenge points ?
    Those extra points will be available in achievement leaderboard

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    No, it was never the case. You could only contribute 4K points to your Clan overall CG points. The excess is counted to your achievement count only, not the Clan overall CG points. In the past it was just visual difference that made you think the excess points were counted in you Clan's overall points, but actually it wasn't.
    Actually is was the case in the early stages of clan games, those excess points did count in the overall points. It wasn't meant to happen though and SC has fixed it ever since.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon3223 View Post
    Actually is was the case in the early stages of clan games, those excess points did count in the overall points. It wasn't meant to happen though and SC has fixed it ever since.
    Yes, this is so, and we would ensure that we picked challenges to get within 10 points on the max (so 3990 if 4000) and then pick a 800 odd challenge for the extra points. Clan then was small so these extra points helped us get over the line.
    Last edited by vansimon; July 27th, 2020 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Typo

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 16 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L60 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L57 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 3700+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65| GW 40 | RC: L11 | Max Trophies: 5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Sudo3326User View Post
    Yes...this also what I noticed.
    I would prefer that it would warn you when accepting challenges overshooting CG points limit...
    What would the warning be? You get the extra points on your profile and the clan gets the max of 4000 points toward the total for the games.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    What would the warning be? You get the extra points on your profile and the clan gets the max of 4000 points toward the total for the games.
    I was thinking that it would warn me to put in some team spirit....
    But,on the other hand ,you are right,it is somewhat meaning less