Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Idea to Prevent Clan Hoppers: Clan Hopper Badges

  1. #21
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    In a time machine down by the clan castle waiting for my time to strike and take control...
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Which is still a unilateral power, addressing a bilateral problem. Any form of disclipen, public shaming, placing marks on records, etc., must be equally applied to both sides.

    So you addressed one side of the equation, how clans can identify and protect themselves from "hoppers" and "leechers". Now what options can the players select to identify and protect themeselves dysfunctional, abusive, etc. clans?

    Your assumption is that all clans are welcoming, benevolent, friendly "Gadens of Edens" with capable and compenent Leadership. I can assure you, they are not. When I started playing many years ago, admittedly I hopped. Some clans became red flags immediately, so left. Others were good for awhile, but then changed. One I stayed in for over 3 weeks. The Leader was all nice and welcoming to us (was a newly formed clan) at first, but as time went on, started showing his true colors (became very demanding and controlling). Got so bad I then went clanless for months, thinking all Leaders stunk!
    Well since you asked, the players will be able to scale the clan from 1-3. 1 being absolutely toxic like you said in the quote, 2 being an ok/mediocre clan that doesn't donate often, 3 being a great clan that you would recommend to everyone.

    I understand your point balancing out the scales, because I have to admit during the time when I was town hall 4-7 I was forced to hop from clan to clan because I got kicked out, because back then I used to think war was a waste of loot, but also sometimes for no apparent reason possibly because I was so called "Too bad" due to being a lower town hall. Also, I saw some very toxic leaders in those days.

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Rundum Hause
    Posts
    12,034
    Quote Originally Posted by VxV248 View Post
    Well since you asked, the players will be able to scale the clan from 1-3. 1 being absolutely toxic like you said in the quote, 2 being an ok/mediocre clan that doesn't donate often, 3 being a great clan that you would recommend to everyone.

    I understand your point balancing out the scales, because I have to admit during the time when I was town hall 4-7 I was forced to hop from clan to clan because I got kicked out, because back then I used to think war was a waste of loot, but also sometimes for no apparent reason possibly because I was so called "Too bad" due to being a lower town hall. Also, I saw some very toxic leaders in those days.
    And what’s to prevent vindictive players to retaliate and make the clan look bad or “stick it to them” after being kicked ?
    Seriously nothing good can come of these negative things on people’s or clan profiles. Certain players would go around and ruin clans profiles for shiz and giggles and there’s nothing a clan can do prevent that.

    You are desperately trying to make your idea fit and think you’re improving it when people raise objections but in fact are creating a bigger monstrosity. You should really learn to look at an idea from all sorts of angles and what the consequences are and can be.

    Bad leaders come in all sorts of clans even established ones and sometimes a clan just isn’t a good fit for your playing style. It takes time to find a clan that fits like glove, with your personality and playing style and what you’re looking from in a clan. And in order to do that one has no option but to hop.

    If the solution to a problem is overly complex then you haven’t fully understood the problem.
    What you’ve identified as a “problem” here being hopping is no where near a problem an certainly not bad enough that it warrants such measures. It’s like shooting a mosquito with a rifle or locking someone up for life for getting a parking ticket.

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by VxV248 View Post
    It seems as if everyone mostly dislikes my idea for a few common reasons: Family Clans, Request and Leave Clans, and players who obviously don't care at all for other reasons whatever that may be....So, I hope that this feature improves the idea for all those doubters out there. They will be given options to set to their clan.

    Option 1: There will be the option to not penalize the hoppers if they hop your clan. So, this addition would be good for all of the respected reasons above.

    Option 2: If you are a little bit more sensitive about who hops your clan you can select members who won't be effected by it and there will be a select all button for family clans, so you can select all the members in that clan to not be affected by hopping your clan. This is good for strict Family Clans and Youtube Clans, as well as some other reasons that I missed.

    Option 3: The clan can set it to no hopper mode. So anyone that hops your clan will get penalized, the original idea.

    So anybody that hops an option 1 clan not get penalized, selected people that hop an option 2 clan will not get penalized, and anybody that hops an option 3 clan will get penalized. Also, the chosen option will be shown publicly to everyone. I hope that this answers all of your questions and solves all of your problems.
    So now you are getting closer to what I suggested: clan leaders can kick players from their clan and also ban them, and the profile shows how many clans a player has been banned from. I do think that would be valuable for recruiting and it might even reduce some of the trolling behavior that leads to players getting kicked from clans. There is a lot of bad behavior out there much worse than just hopping so I think there is a lot of value to an addition like this to the game. However, again, I don't think SC has any interest in adding anything negative to a player's profile like that.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #24
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Rundum Hause
    Posts
    12,034
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    So now you are getting closer to what I suggested: clan leaders can kick players from their clan and also ban them, and the profile shows how many clans a player has been banned from. I do think that would be valuable for recruiting and it might even reduce some of the trolling behavior that leads to players getting kicked from clans. There is a lot of bad behavior out there much worse than just hopping so I think there is a lot of value to an addition like this to the game. However, again, I don't think SC has any interest in adding anything negative to a player's profile like that.
    Im not a fan of that suggestion either. When you give people tools to have an impact on such things as other people’s profiles whether it be positive or negative it will be abused. Especially in the negative category it will be a bad thing and may affect people’s enjoyment to play the game. Such a thing will simply be abused by players just because they can and it will make other people feel bad.

    If something like this will be implemented then you can sure that player support will be flooded in tickets with players asking for their profile to be adjusted because they got banned from a clan for no good reason and we’d also see the forums flooded with such threads as well. It really adds little useful information as there’s no way to know if the a stat like that is accurate or if the person has been unlucky and been in a lot of bad clans and got banned out of spite.
    It would just cause way more grief and problems then it’s worth.

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

  5. #25
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    2,635
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    So now you are getting closer to what I suggested: clan leaders can kick players from their clan and also ban them, and the profile shows how many clans a player has been banned from. I do think that would be valuable for recruiting and it might even reduce some of the trolling behavior that leads to players getting kicked from clans. There is a lot of bad behavior out there much worse than just hopping so I think there is a lot of value to an addition like this to the game. However, again, I don't think SC has any interest in adding anything negative to a player's profile like that.
    Have to disagree with this one 2222. I am all for banning folks from a clan to prevent further trolling but carving a scarlet letter on their profile is a no-go. As I recall, negative rep used to be a thing here on these forums. I believe that it was removed for a very good reason at least partly because it was being used maliciously. A ban record in game visible to others is no different and would be abused. Someone disagrees withyour leadership? Ban them and put a note on their record to punish them. Want a great way to troll? Open up a clan with several of your mini’s so it looks somewhat active and ban every single person who joins with anote on their profile. Join an international clan and the leader doesnt like your language? ban em and make sure they have difficulty joining another clan.
    Last edited by Tosti111; July 26th, 2020 at 05:57 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

  6. #26
    I can see the challenges with putting negative badges on players, so perhaps SC could add a player profile attribute that lists the distinct clans that a player was a member of over the past 7 days -- or over the last season.

    That wouldn't penalize sister clan structures. It also wouldn't penalize req-n-go visits, and it shouldn't hurt out-of-game recruiting techniques (discord, facebook, groupme, etc.). It might also leave a nice trail of clan bookmarks for individual players...

  7. #27
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    In a time machine down by the clan castle waiting for my time to strike and take control...
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by bigoak View Post
    I can see the challenges with putting negative badges on players, so perhaps SC could add a player profile attribute that lists the distinct clans that a player was a member of over the past 7 days -- or over the last season.

    That wouldn't penalize sister clan structures. It also wouldn't penalize req-n-go visits, and it shouldn't hurt out-of-game recruiting techniques (discord, facebook, groupme, etc.). It might also leave a nice trail of clan bookmarks for individual players...
    Yeah all of the features without putting something negative on their profile, but still showing the clans that they have been in most recently and maybe even how long also.
    Last edited by VxV248; July 28th, 2020 at 05:11 PM.
    I am always one step ahead, (Enter Your Username).

  8. #28
    Forum Veteran SumoSloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,616
    Sorry OP, terrible idea for all the reasons already outlined in this thread.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

  9. #29
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    In a time machine down by the clan castle waiting for my time to strike and take control...
    Posts
    156
    Excuse me, but did you even read the changes to my idea? If not please take a look at them, thanks.
    I am always one step ahead, (Enter Your Username).

  10. #30
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    2,953
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    Sorry OP, terrible idea for all the reasons already outlined in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by VxV248 View Post
    Excuse me, but did you even read the changes to my idea? If not please take a look at them, thanks.
    It's blindingly obvious from the bolded part that Sumo did read the thread.

    Now, if you're going to post an idea on a public forum, don't be surprised if it gets shot down. Further, don't be so prickly when it happens; it's not personal.

    For the record: it's a bad idea; even with the changes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •