Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: SCID(totally not safe)/Gmail id 2 step verification needed

SCID(totally not safe)/Gmail id 2 step verification needed

Just created this so people see it and do if they haven't done it yet if you have read it over the other thread you can ignore it
    Yes slightly its his fault but still
    One of my clanmate lost his acc he did had it on SCID but lost it coz his gmail got hacked YES gmail got hacked idk how but he said it was hacked and he got a mail or some thing after his gmail was hacked to reset his phone
    The hacker hacked his email changed the password and others contact info(cell no/optinal email etc) required for verification so i dont think he'll be able to get it back.
    What was his only mistake? He had saved the cell no but didnt activated the 2 step verification on it
    Since he had that gmail used in various stuff like colleges/banks and stuff he wanted it back so he sent a email on that hacked id and i was shocked to see what he got replied was it literally said was give me your th12 and ill give you back your email
    Idk if hell get his gmail or the game acc back im not sure on that(if someone can confirm great) if not im no way near on helping him to recover it through ingame (coz i know about TOS) i can give him support link though thats all i could and i will do
    What else i can do is report the id in game
    The qn is should i? Coz obviously he'll try to recover it and if i report it will he be in trouble later on coz im sure with the ss of chat i provide the acc might get banned permanently
    I can attach the pic of the convo i had with the owner as well the convo the real owner had with the hacker if needed
    He regrets not activating 2 step verification for his gmail
    If anyone else havent activated it till now get into your gmail or wherever id you use and activate it coz even if the acc is linked to SCID its not safe if your gmail is not safe
    Any help is appreciated if anyone knows about recovery processs
    This thread is not intended to have discussion about email being hacked its about to aware those who havent activated 2 step verification yet and also about whether i should report the id or not and slightly about if someone knows way to recover the gmail id
    Im being genuine here i can provide the ss of conversation if needed
    Last edited by RH69; July 25th, 2020 at 06:50 PM.

I think what we've tried to learn from the myriad of posts on the subject of lost/hacked accounts is to let the true owner of the account take any steps necessary for account recovery.

I'm not going to tell you whether you should report it, but if I thought reporting the stolen account would hinder or destroy my friend's chances for account recovery, I wouldn't do it even if he asked me to. I would share the screenshots with him, with innocent parties' names and info redacted, and any other knowledge I have in the matter so my friend can make that determination on his own. If he decides he doesn't want to pursue account recovery, what business have I to intervene on his behalf?

Well... Every login method is only save like the associated email account.
    I cant imagin that someone hacks random email accounts just for clash. I suspect your friend may have shared his email account with strangers or tryed to get free stuff.

Wow, is gmail security so flimsy nowadays that all you need is the password and you will never get the account back again, even without 2 factor authentication? Especially given the sensitive information often on many personal email accounts nowadays. You can just change the password and contact info just like that and never be able to recover an account back...? I would think gmail would have multiple safeguards against this.

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    I cant imagin that someone hacks random email accounts just for clash. I suspect your friend may have shared his email account with strangers or tryed to get free stuff.
    Totally agree with your thoughts on this subject i would be shocked if his/her clanmate has been telling the truth on whats happend as it doesnt add up your scenerio is much more likely
    yes my english writing skills are rubbish and lacks punctuation i am very well aware of this so please keep all comments and pm clash related all i want to do is chat not be reminded how poor my education is thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyla View Post
    Wow, is gmail security so flimsy nowadays that all you need is the password and you will never get the account back again, even without 2 factor authentication? Especially given the sensitive information often on many personal email accounts nowadays. You can just change the password and contact info just like that and never be able to recover an account back...? I would think gmail would have multiple safeguards against this.
    I would say you have to work hard to make it that flimsy. Google reminds you constantly to set up two factor. My work computer has settings that won't allow the remember me on this device so every time I login to gmail (pretty rare) it blasts my other devices that I've logged in on a new device. The question is, how did the perp get the password? You know, the very thing that says you are the authorized user?
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Well as someone said every story has 3 sides each from 2 sides and the third one which is the truth
    Ive just heard one part so i believe(actually know) just one part may be hes right may be hes wrong all i said is what he said to me
    What the hacker has to say [redacted by Forum Moderator]
    While he tried to recover the gmail [redacted]

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    I think what we've tried to learn from the myriad of posts on the subject of lost/hacked accounts is to let the true owner of the account take any steps necessary for account recovery.

I'm not going to tell you whether you should report it, but if I thought reporting the stolen account would hinder or destroy my friend's chances for account recovery, I wouldn't do it even if he asked me to. I would share the screenshots with him, with innocent parties' names and info redacted, and any other knowledge I have in the matter so my friend can make that determination on his own. If he decides he doesn't want to pursue account recovery, what business have I to intervene on his behalf?
    Im no way near trying to recover his acc on his behalf im aware of TOS its his acc he has to deal with it but ill help him what i can without me getting in trouble
    As i said the purpose of thread is if someone by chance havent activated 2 step verification by reqding this post they might and dont loose their emails

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    Well im surprised too someone randomly hacks a email just for clash acc the chance is rare
    As you said he might have shared his acc which i know nothing about oe he havent told me the entire truth seems possible
    Coz how does someone random knows about my exact email make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Tonyla View Post
    Gmail does have 2 step verification but looks like if its not activated and someone got acces to the acc they can change the verification methods and info make sense i guess

Quote Originally Posted by Mrlk View Post
    Totally agree with your thoughts on this subject i would be shocked if his/her clanmate has been telling the truth on whats happend as it doesnt add up your scenerio is much more likely
    All i know is what he said to me im not aware of what happened behind the scece

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    I would say you have to work hard to make it that flimsy. Google reminds you constantly to set up two factor. My work computer has settings that won't allow the remember me on this device so every time I login to gmail (pretty rare) it blasts my other devices that I've logged in on a new device. The question is, how did the perp get the password? You know, the very thing that says you are the authorized user?
    Google does reminds also sent mails if its logged in new device but if someone has created emails just for gaming purpose logged it in game and never looked back it again (its not necessarily he needs to check the emails on that acc infact not necessarily needed to sign in anywhere else besides game which is totally possible also if the email was created before 2 step thing came)
    Infact i had email that currently has th12 and ive not used it besides clash and yes i didnt had 2 step activated on it but i do now
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; July 26th, 2020 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RH69 View Post
    Gmail does have 2 step verification but looks like if its not activated and someone got acces to the acc they can change the verification methods and info make sense i guess
    Yes. And you have to ignore what google tries hard to get you to do. My guess is your clan mate fell victim to a scam. There are plenty out there. Your thread title should change to nothing is safe if you dont practice good internet safety.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Village in a clearing,in a magical forest.
    If the Gmail got hacked then why blame SCID?

And I think it can't be the only purpose to get clash account to hack someones profile.That hacker can loot victims bank balance etc and the victim should be concerned about his bank not coc at this moment.

Besides if the hacker got Gmail account than he got the coc account also,why would he ask for ower's permission?

Quote Originally Posted by LOVEforMOTHER View Post
    If the Gmail got hacked then why blame SCID?

And I think it can't be the only purpose to get clash account to hack someones profile.That hacker can loot victims bank balance etc and the victim should be concerned about his bank not coc at this moment.

Besides if the hacker got Gmail account than he got the coc account also,why would he ask for ower's permission?
    Did i really blame SCID?what i said is if your gmail is not safe your game acc is not safe even if its linked to SCID
    From the convo i see(or i got) the only purpose was to get the clash acc
    Im not sure by having just email bank balance can be looted
    And yes hes more concerned about the email acc rather than the game acc
    Last edited by RH69; July 26th, 2020 at 04:34 AM.