Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Inacitve clans cleanup

Inacitve clans cleanup

Right now there are a lot of inactive clans with inactive members that are cluttering the clan leaderboards. It would be great if inactive members would be auto-kicked after 3-6+ months of inacitivty. Then all of the dead clans would be removed so the leaderboards are more accurate, and to declutter the entire clanbase

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by AagaardDaniel View Post
    Right now there are a lot of inactive clans with inactive members that are cluttering the clan leaderboards. It would be great if inactive members would be auto-kicked after 3-6+ months of inacitivty. Then all of the dead clans would be removed so the leaderboards are more accurate, and to declutter the entire clanbase
    Im not sure where you are looking. I just went in and took a look at the top 200 clans worldwide and all have 40+ members. I also looked at the top US clans and same thing. Matter of fact my clan showed up at 35,000 and we have 50 members. Where the heck are you seeing all yhese dead clans?
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Im not sure where you are looking. I just went in and took a look at the top 200 clans worldwide and all have 40+ members. I also looked at the top US clans and same thing. Matter of fact my clan showed up at 35,000 and we have 50 members. Where the heck are you seeing all yhese dead clans?
    Well the inactive clans will not be at the top 200, and they won't be at top 35000 either. My clan, which has 46 members, shows up at 824,219. place. And this is after quite a lot of work with replacing inactive members etc.

But it's not only about the inactive clans, i'm mostly talking about the inactive members. As almost every clan "down here" seems dead, where "most" of the members are inactive. This is obvious is wars where no one attacks, and whenever i join a new clan most of the members are inactive.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Supercell have always reserved the right to delete accounts after 6 months of inactivity, but so far, they have never invoked that right.

And given recent changes intended to encourage inactive players to return, I think it unlikely they will start removing inactive accounts.

Or even just take away their clan membership. If clan leaders aren't happy having those members, they they will kick them.

There are quite a few clans who deliberately keep a few inactives around just to make up numbers when necessary in clan wars. Those clans wouldn't be happy if they suddenly found those members being removed by SC.

I can understand where you are coming from, but I don't think it likely SC will implement this.

Village in a clearing,in a magical forest.
    I think inactive clans in leader board is much less annoying than in clan suggestions while searching for a new clan.You join the clan they you realise the clan is not so active.

So, inactive clans must not be displayed in clan join suggestions.No need to 'clean up' them

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Supercell have always reserved the right to delete accounts after 6 months of inactivity, but so far, they have never invoked that right.

And given recent changes intended to encourage inactive players to return, I think it unlikely they will start removing inactive accounts.

Or even just take away their clan membership. If clan leaders aren't happy having those members, they they will kick them.

There are quite a few clans who deliberately keep a few inactives around just to make up numbers when necessary in clan wars. Those clans wouldn't be happy if they suddenly found those members being removed by SC.

I can understand where you are coming from, but I don't think it likely SC will implement this.
    I can totally see where you're coming from as well, but this issue combined with the fact that the dev team has ruled out ideas like viewing inactivity, makes it very difficult to even spot inactive members.

Maybe the leader could get the option to auto-kick inactive players.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVEforMOTHER View Post
    I think inactive clans in leader board is much less annoying than in clan suggestions while searching for a new clan.You join the clan they you realise the clan is not so active.

So, inactive clans must not be displayed in clan join suggestions.No need to 'clean up' them
    "Not displaying" inactive clans would fix part of the problem, and i like the idea.
    Last edited by AagaardDaniel; July 26th, 2020 at 12:18 PM.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by AagaardDaniel View Post
    I can totally see where you're coming from as well, but this issue combined with the fact that the dev team has ruled out ideas like viewing inactivity, makes it very difficult to even spot inactive members.

Maybe the leader could get the option to auto-kick inactive players.
    Attacks per season in a players profile is a pretty good indicator, also checking base collectors.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; July 26th, 2020 at 01:32 PM.