Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Storytime: Had my accounts/clan disappear [Hack of March, 2020]

Storytime: Had my accounts/clan disappear [Hack of March, 2020]

Storytime: Had my accounts/clan disappear [Hack of March, 2020]

DISCLAIMER

• I have not shared any of my account information with anyone.
    • I have not logged in on other devices.
    • I have 2-step verification on my Google Play accounts, none compromised.
    • I am not a dumbuser.

SUBJECT

• Had my 16 Clash of Clans accounts taken over.
    • Had my solo clan taken over (established and ran by me).
    • Been playing those accounts and clan since 2014/2016.

INTRODUCTION

1. In March 2020, I was unable to log on to any of my COC accounts. I had successful login with my Google Play accounts, from there onward had an onscreen result of some other Supercell ID using my accounts. What a surprise indeed. Dove into this forum, in order to find similar cases - mainly I found useless reactions, with gamer himself being off the chart, not to mention useless and offtopic comments. Well, okay then.
    2. Within 2 weeks had 8 of my accounts restored by ingame Support. Was unable to recover other 8 accounts, Support reasoning 'unable to recover TH3 accounts' or something similar.
    3. Some of my recovered accounts had undergone ingame namechange, some of my accounts had all the gems spent, one of the main accounts had TH rushed +3 levels (gemmed by exploiter on purpose, since COC Support doesn't reverse ingame process).

RESEARCH

1. Via clashofstats.com checking upon my clan, got quite a quick picture on what had happened.
      • A feeder hacker/glitcher/other clan had claimed the ownership of all my 16 accounts in one day.
      • Same hacker clan had my (and other random) accounts passing through it's member list, onto new or random clans.

2. In a timespan from March 2020 - July 2020 my original clan has changed ownership 3-4 times.
    3. During this timespan, I have managed to join my original clan several times.
      • I managed to chat with 'new leaders' (hackers, scammers, buyers/sellers, etc): ingame chat, Instagram, etc.
      • I got treathened to forget my clan.
      • I got offered to buy my clan back.
      • I got explained by one scammer, how the procedure of hijacking accounts/clans go.
      • I googled/found 2 websites selling my Clash of Clans clan and some accounts (with description and prices).
      • One of the scammer and my clan new owner (for a while) was top 10 COC player in Germany, involved in trading accounts/clans as well.

4. I see the same hacker group continuosly taking over random (or dead) clans, and accounts. The pattern is simple and the same, as in my case it all happened.

RESULT

• I have recorded/screencaptured all the chats with hackers/scammers.
    • I have tracked down and registered the accounts used for hacking/etc, as well have registered tens of clans taken over by the same group.
    • I have had very limited help from ingame Support, but am definitely pursuing on getting in touch with Supercell Developer team, in order to fix this mess.
    • Via clashofstats.com I see few hacker/hacked accounts in connection with my clan - have been terminated/deleted (by Support, I assume, for all the right reasons).

END STATE

• Having getting your accounts/clans lost without player involvement is not OK.
    • Having hackers/etc openly taking over and selling accounts/clans is not OK.
    • I really do expect Supercell to look into it and react on it more agressively.
    Last edited by IGotHacked; July 25th, 2020 at 12:58 AM.

Doesn't this seem like something you should bring up with ingame support?

Not only do I not believe you regarding your account security I doubt you're even giving us all the facts.

Anyway, no one here can do anything about your situation.

Level 19
    - 516/23,500 | Champion II
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 220] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Since you are a Forum Champion, with all due respect, here is my reply:
    In order not to argue your invalid statements in public, I shot you a private message.

But shortly:
    - Ingame Support has been involved, to a quite minimum extent.
    - Not believing in text or facts - an effort to discredit my worries, but no harm done - will happily cooperate with Supercell (including account info from Google, fact proving of my claims, etc).
    - Anyway, 98% I do not expect anyone here to do anything. It's a storytime, for people to see there are problems in the game, with the game. And there is a 2% chance, a REAL SC dev shoots me a private message (yet again, ingame Support hits it's limits quite fast).

Pro Member
    Yes, there is more to this then we are being told.
    All accounts hacked... but no email breach does not make sense.
    Also find it odd hackers would bother hacking into TH3 accounts.
    Good to hear many accounts recovered I guess.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 16 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L60 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L57 | BK: 50| GW 20 | Max Trophies: 3700+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65| GW 40 | RC: L11 | Max Trophies: 5000+

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    Yes, there is more to this then we are being told.
    All accounts hacked... but no email breach does not make sense.
    Also find it odd hackers would bother hacking into TH3 accounts.
    Good to hear many accounts recovered I guess.
    It is very interesting that someone "hacked" 16 separate Gmail accounts that they didn't know all were from same person and didn't leave any traces of the "hack".

I would think if someone could bypass Googles 2 step verification that easy it would be all over the news. I guess we are just lucky these "hackers" only want coc accounts and not anyone's personal information.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; July 26th, 2020 at 01:05 PM.

This has to be taken quite seriously. There was a very similar post in reddit, where a serious low townhall pusher lost her accounts and clan, due to phishing.

Quote Originally Posted by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>> View Post
    This has to be taken quite seriously. There was a very similar post in reddit, where a serious low townhall pusher lost her accounts and clan, due to phishing.
    I dont think that it is easy to "hack" accounts. If it would be easy then i guess we would have seen way more reports.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotHacked View Post
    Since you are a Forum Champion, with all due respect, here is my reply:
    In order not to argue your invalid statements in public, I shot you a private message.

But shortly:
    - Ingame Support has been involved, to a quite minimum extent.
    - Not believing in text or facts - an effort to discredit my worries, but no harm done - will happily cooperate with Supercell (including account info from Google, fact proving of my claims, etc).
    - Anyway, 98% I do not expect anyone here to do anything. It's a storytime, for people to see there are problems in the game, with the game. And there is a 2% chance, a REAL SC dev shoots me a private message (yet again, ingame Support hits it's limits quite fast).
    just so you know all forum titles for example forum champion means nothing at all because this is a players forum and titles change based on amount of posts done which leads nicely to point two the chances of a dev sending you a pm is in fact zero and not 2% because as already stated this is a players forum and devs do not come on here and reply to any posts let alone send a pm and lastly the chances of a hacker randomly picking 16 bases all belonging to you is very slim besides hackers dont bother with bases in a game and clearly if this was in fact accurate then sc are already aware of the issue as they have been helping you to recover 8 bases which sounds a lot more then minimal help to me
    Last edited by Mrlk; July 30th, 2020 at 06:23 PM.
    yes my english writing skills are rubbish and lacks punctuation i am very well aware of this so please keep all comments and pm clash related all i want to do is chat not be reminded how poor my education is thanks

Thank you for some dialogue. I'll just recap briefly on where I stand.

FIRSTLY

All claims in my first/main post are yet/still in effect. Before commenting, read the beginning post. Thoroughly!

SECONDLY

In an effort to stress on it - Google accounts WERE NOT breached. All of them had/have separate passwords, separate e-mail layout, 2-step verification etc.

Since all of my 16 accounts were done and gone in a day, my only assumption is it to happen ingame, via COC server, glitch, etc. One hacker explained it being phishing via Support; in addition this specific hacker claimed they don't need user specific info, instead they claim the account via support and done. As I carried on chatting with him (in order to see, how much he is willing to talk), he gave some gibberish, on how to take over TH3 as well. Reason being interested in certain TH3's, is when having them being minimaxed, for example. Which was true, in my case. Getting better war weight in war clans. And not being able to minimax bases anymore, after updates, long ago.

THIRDLY

Scammers/hackers I have noted down, are 90% still active. Have submitted tons of screenshots through ingame Support, via my reinstated accounts - on chat logs, clan-sale and account-sale webpages, chats with hackers, etc. I do see some of the scam and hack player accounts being deleted. But lots of ground to cover and still to go.

FOURTHLY

Last scammer sale-transaction with my original hacked/stolen clan happened 16 days ago. Webpage price was announced $75. Some kid from USA (supposedly) bought it. And since I spam JOIN into my hacked clan every 2 days, with remarks 'ENJOYING MY HACKED CLAN, YOU BOUGHT? WAITING FOR SUPERCELL PERMABAN FOR YALL!' - the kid joined my temporary clan, and went 'back off, im sorry ur clan got hacked, but i spent my own money to buy it' and we had a little chat and before leaving he stated 'its my clan now. i can give u sellers instagram, he's from pakistan, what do u expect'. What a joy. Oh, ofcourse I have reported 'The Kid' (and his other 3 accounts) via ingame Support, with screenshots, etc. No reaction in 10 days. That is why I am referring the Support being poor. Poor, on acting regarding to scammers, terms violators and ever worse.

FIFTHLY

Losing all accounts and clan without my misdoing - is a total no go! Will keep this thread open, will gladly answer senseful questions, will update on progress with Supercell.
    Last edited by IGotHacked; August 1st, 2020 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotHacked View Post
    One hacker explained it being phishing via Support; in addition this specific hacker claimed they don't need user specific info, instead they claim the account via support and done.
    I am very sure that this is not possible.
    Else we wouldnt see so many people complaining here that they got banned for attempt of phishing during the accoun recovery process.
    Last edited by wotanwaton; August 1st, 2020 at 06:00 AM.