Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Storytime: Had my accounts/clan disappear [Hack of March, 2020]

Quote Originally Posted by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>> View Post
    This is a real experience that I had, just two days before: I managed to recover an old Townhall 4 account of mine(which was the co-leader in a clan) without providing any details. The account is one that I have never played on the phone in which I recovered it, and the recovery was done by a human, not a bot. The agent just asked the four usual questions that anyone can easily find out(tag,name,townhall level and clan in which it is in) and straight away gave back my account. But this was NOT through the usual method.So yes, there is a way in which phishers can easily phish accounts. But I don't want to share that method here in this forum, as that would encourage people to phish accounts that are not theirs. I hope that Supercell manages to fix this flaw in the support👍🏻.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGotHacked View Post
    We are like reinventing a bicycle here.

For the starters, subjective statements:

'I don't believe'
    'I doubt'
    'does not make sense'
    'I don't think'
    'I am very sure this is not possible'

are not helping the case. No hard feelings. What about TRYING TO understand the issue? Instead of reacting to messengers (myself), react to root problem posed.

Thank you, Game Changer, for supporting me in this crusade. There is something seriously WRONG either with:

a. ingame support (handling the account recovery, handling the scammers/hackers)
    b. or there's a major flaw/backdoor/glitch with the app/server

In addition. I have theorized a possibility having untrustful people in ingame support. What mechanism does Supercell have to supervise the actions of ingame Support? It seems, the scammers/hackers/phishers who shot and shut down my accounts and clan - were non-English speakers, mainly. What if they got a 'friend', working for non-English speaking ingame Support? And helping them claim/recover seemably dead accounts (AFK before 2020), with no Supercell ID. Therefore it is harder for Supercell to track their actions, and with dead accounts/clans there is noone to complain as well. A perfect crime right there.

Sorry for becoming a flat-earther and hypothetical jerk, but it ain't right.

Will not give up, til my goals are met (scammers banned, problem fixed, accounts/clan recovered).

Thank you for your patience and being reasonable.
    Theory of Untrustful people in Support, is very, very, VERY UNLIKELY. I do not think that even stand a chance.

Next, there isn't any problem with in-game support. YES, they can take up a lot of time to reply, for they need to Investigate everything throughly. And a case like yours, with so many accounts, and such a big issue, yes it might take a lotta time. And yes, I've had a lot experience, I am saying this from my experience only.

You gotta have patience and faith on the Supercell Support. Your accounts, wherever they are, in any condition, in anyone's hands, they will get back to you EVENTUALLY.

Stick with the support and have faith on them.

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    You must understand that this is a player forum and not sc ingame support. You have to contact supercell about your concerns.
    Wotanwaton. Just to be clear, and we can drop this already:
    1. I do surely understand, this is a player forum.
    2. I have contacted and am constantly contacting Clash of Clans ingame support, as well reaching Supercell HQ for all this.

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    I am still dont believing it because it is unbelieveable. We see almost daily complains that people are not possible to recover their villages because they doesnt know all needed informations. So it isnt easy to recover a village.
    If it would be easy like you said then we all would have likely lost our villages and we would see way more complains.
    Well, there you said it and no point for me to continue arguing with you on your beliefs. Sheesh.
    Try, please, to see what I am trying to imply and express. Your repetitive 'non-believer' sentences/posts are not giving any extra value.

Or in other words:
    - You probably will not believe this kind of hacking/takeover happens within COC, until you experience it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachoo17 View Post
    Theory of Untrustful people in Support, is very, very, VERY UNLIKELY. I do not think that even stand a chance.
    You sure buddy? We are all human, after all. The Perfect World you seem to be describing, with honest people and eternal happiness - maybe exists in another universe. Everyone makes mistakes. Without people making mistakes or having bad/wrongful judgement - we wouldn't have crime, police, fights, poverty, etc. Just saying, my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachoo17 View Post
    Next, there isn't any problem with in-game support. YES, they can take up a lot of time to reply, for they need to Investigate everything throughly. And a case like yours, with so many accounts, and such a big issue, yes it might take a lotta time. And yes, I've had a lot experience, I am saying this from my experience only.

You gotta have patience and faith on the Supercell Support. Your accounts, wherever they are, in any condition, in anyone's hands, they will get back to you EVENTUALLY.
    Here we go again.

Spoiler: I strongly DO BELIEVE, Supercell has interest and Supercell is doing it's best, fixing this.

On positive side.

- Got 8 of my accounts back (as described in main/first post): ALL of them with names changed, some of them TH rushed, some of them gems spent, etc. Got names changed, but no action with TH/building rushing, gem spending. Support is not reverting whatever changes made with account.
    - Support (or devs) have shut down some scammer/hacker accounts, regarding to my case.

On negative side.

- I got my accounts/clan taken from me, without my involvement!
    - Dealing with it has been a hazzle (since March 2020, ongoing), somewhat successful.
    - Did not get 8 of my TH3 accounts back, since Support is not recovering <TH3 accounts.
    - My case IS NOT only about my accounts/clan getting snatched. It's way above common Support capabilities.
    - Hackers/scammers are still active.

On experience with ingame Support.

Have had REALLY various people handling my cases in Support. Have had totally dead-end cases with one ticket and Support person (he had lots of typos, problems with getting the point, etc), therefore no result and ticket dropped; and exactly the same case with other person and case solved very VERY quickly. In addition, the quick solver offered (in humane language and writing skills) and explained other possible solutions and means to help as well.

In summary (for Pikachoo17).

I kindly disagree with your arguments on 'Support people being perfect angels' and 'Ingame support being flawless'.

PS. I am not trying to troll, be foolheaded or disrespectul. In order not to repeat myself, I have EXPLAINED my arguments in my PREVIOUS POSTS. Please, READ them.
    Last edited by IGotHacked; August 2nd, 2020 at 09:47 AM.

You sure buddy? We are all human, after all. The Perfect World you seem to be describing, with honest people and eternal happiness - maybe exists in another universe. Everyone makes mistakes. Without people making mistakes or having bad/wrongful judgement - we wouldn't have crime, police, fights, poverty, etc. Just saying, my friend.

Here we go again.

Spoiler: I strongly DO BELIEVE, Supercell has interest and Supercell is doing it's best, fixing this.

On positive side.

- Got 8 of my accounts back (as described in main/first post): ALL of them with names changed, some of them TH rushed, some of them gems spent, etc. Got names changed, but no action with TH/building rushing, gem spending. Support is not reverting whatever changes made with account.
    - Support (or devs) have shut down some scammer/hacker accounts, regarding to my case.

On negative side.

- I got my accounts/clan taken from me, without my involvement!
    - Dealing with it has been a hazzle (since March 2020, ongoing), somewhat successful.
    - Did not get 8 of my TH3 accounts back, since Support is not recovering <TH3 accounts.
    - My case IS NOT only about my accounts/clan getting snatched. It's way above common Support capabilities.
    - Hackers/scammers are still active.

On experience with ingame Support.

Have had REALLY various people handling my cases in Support. Have had totally dead-end cases with one ticket and Support person (he had lots of typos, problems with getting the point, etc), therefore no result and ticket dropped; and exactly the same case with other person and case solved very VERY quickly. In addition, the quick solver offered (in humane language and writing skills) and explained other possible solutions and means to help as well.

In summary (for Pikachoo17).

I kindly disagree with your arguments on 'Support people being perfect angels' and 'Ingame support being flawless'.

PS. I am not trying to troll, be foolheaded or disrespectul. In order not to repeat myself, I have EXPLAINED my arguments in my PREVIOUS POSTS. Please, READ them.
    Let me make this clear there is no way u get hacked without giving information.If it was that easy to hack everyone would have done it.Maybe your password was too easy to guess or maybe all of your accounts have the same password.
    Last edited by clasher0011; August 2nd, 2020 at 09:51 AM.

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by clasher0011 View Post
    Maybe your password was too easy to guess or maybe all of your accounts have the same password.
    Let me guide you to read one of my previous posts: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12639643

Even more, let me quote myself, maybe it helps you with your maybe-argument.

• In an effort to stress on it - Google accounts WERE NOT breached. All of them had/have separate passwords, separate e-mail layout, 2-step verification etc.

And digging into even more ancient history: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12634239

• I have not shared any of my account information with anyone.
    • I have not logged in on other devices.
    • I have 2-step verification on my Google Play accounts, none compromised.
    • I am not a dumbuser.

Last edited by IGotHacked; August 2nd, 2020 at 10:02 AM.

New Bloke/Chick
    I read every one of your post and reply to comment to non-believer.

I believe that it is possible that some SC support acct to be compromised by scammer without SC knowledge. Those account might be use randomly without trigger SC knowledge so compromised SC support acct can be use continuously to steal innocent user account/clan.

This group of scammer are not in for real big $, they are not real hacker as real hacker will go big $. These scammer will remain in coc ecosystem (in game/out game), it is impossible to eradicate them all.

Although it is true that this forum is not official support forum by SC. There are SC staff here that read post in this forum. Hope sensible SC staff do bring this up within their support team or possible internal security team to investigate on the followings:-

1)How many of SC support staff involved in approving the initial transfer of 16 account of OP to scammer.
    2) Have all the SC support staff account that involved in (1) been terminated for not doing their job in the first place. Are they from outsource team?
    3) How often do SC review end to end support process of how SC support team account can be use to approved acct recovery.
    4) Have the review process in (3) been review and endorsed by independent security team outside of SC.

With covid-19 still around for some time, many company are force to have their support staff work remotely. If SC support staff work remotely during this period, it would mean it is harder for SC to ensure that SC support team acct are login from genuine location unless they enforce single IP login for each acct and thereby reducing the risk of compromised acct being use without SC knowledge.

It is impossible to eradicate scammer in this world, it is just how much effort each company/country are willing to put to minimize the risk.

Seems like the scammer are targeting solo gamer accts/clans, perhaps that's how they stay under the radar for so long. Do send me private PM if that is possible as I sure like to know how not to be the next victims that is beyond our control.

A question to moderators, etc.

If I post here 'screenshots' of:
    - chat logs with hackers (incl. threating me, explaining the hack, offering deals, etc)
    - webpages selling my different accounts and main clan
    - scammer/hacker users statistics/history, of taking over lvl 10-19 clans

Will you, as moderators:
    - censor those screenshots completely?

Or it is okay, if I blur out tags, names, etc?

My intention: to show and proof, what's going on in my case. Ongoing since March 2020.

Disclaimer:
    a. BEFORE COMMENTING, read the whole thread from the first main post.
    b. Supercell ingame support is passive and not responding for months now.

A question to moderators, etc.

If I post here 'screenshots' of:
    - chat logs with hackers (incl. threating me, explaining the hack, offering deals, etc)
    - webpages selling my different accounts and main clan
    - scammer/hacker users statistics/history, of taking over lvl 10-19 clans

Will you, as moderators:
    - censor those screenshots completely?

Or it is okay, if I blur out tags, names, etc?

My intention: to show and proof, what's going on in my case. Ongoing since March 2020.

Disclaimer:
    You would have to censor the names because of "naming and shaming" rule.
    And it doesnt really matter because the forumer cant help you getting back your village.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #29
    “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
    Support does not come here. Posting proof is futile. This is a players support forum, so you're only telling other players.

But to answer your question, please do not post. Some of those things you wish to share fall under violating the forum rules.

But thanks for checking first before posting.
    Level 100! 6/28/16 won the pearl 12/31/14 won the windmill 2/3/15
    Thank you to TerMinus Prime for my cool banner

Disclaimer:
    I am shocked on your accounts loss, but I totally agree that they are very passive in replying especially during Covid-19. It took me 5 days for them to reply. I had been already asked the security questions by the bot for a email change. Then after 5 days, same questions just to get me angry. I feel bad for you, but try looking up your accounts at ClashofStats. Just look at my other post for more info. In any case, try contacting them through the Contact Form, ask them for a reference number, tell them all your details. They might give a early reply if a reference number is given. All the best!!
    Last edited by WickedWizard3588; 1 Week Ago at 03:46 AM.