Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High-value potions isn't free anymore

High-value potions isn't free anymore

In Season Challenges, we get atleast one Builder Potion, one Resource Potion and one Clock Tower potion in Silver Tier. But from April 2020 season, we aren't getting it anymore as these rewards are replaced by BB currencies. There should be an option to choose either potions or BB currencies. Comment your views on it.

We still get them through evens and clan games, so I don't think that they aren't free. Anyway, who would deny more freebies

Millennial Club
    Not from the past Season Challenges. We rarely get Builder Potion and Clock Tower Potion in the past. It was never 'at least' thing. The rewards are changed each season at SC discretion, which I assumed is based on data of which resources/magic items players need the most, or it could work the other way round (based on what most players doesn't need).

To be fair, I don't need any Builder Base resources since I am all maxed out in BB and these past few months BB rewards are useless to me. And in a month I will maxed out Main Village as well. What are you saying? If we could propose an option I would like all resources to change it into magic items which I don't own yet. But no, the rewards should be decided by SC.

https://clashofclans.fandom.com/wiki/Season_Challenges

its upto supercell to include them but from my view you get them free from trader instead of silver pass

and who uses them
    join our level 16 clan https://discord.gg/kdvMWyt

Crab Claw
    It would be better if we get builder potions and research potions in silver pass.
    But anything free is good.😊

Millennial Club
    Happy with whatever’s on offer - We’d always like it better but we get an awful lot for Free these days.

The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe
    I would say a training potion put to good use is worth a rune....
    "VICTORY GOES TO THE BRAVE OF HEART.AND TO JACKO.WAIT,THAT'S ME!!!"

Not actually me,though.That would be so cool....so cool.
    Check the out wiki for clearing some common doubts,trust me it'll help.

Quote Originally Posted by Tron82 View Post
    In Season Challenges, we get atleast one Builder Potion, one Resource Potion and one Clock Tower potion in Silver Tier. But from April 2020 season, we aren't getting it anymore as these rewards are replaced by BB currencies. There should be an option to choose either potions or BB currencies. Comment your views on it.
    There's a problem w/your proposition - not everyone views value in the same way*. While I agree w/you that the BB currencies are low value, I would also say that the resource potion and the clock tower are also low value. In fact, lower value than BB currencies. At least the BB currencies allow me to (slowly) advance toward my 6th builder w/o any real effort.

I certainly would agree that the builder potion is high value and it is more valuable than all the BB currencies put together. I miss the builder potion, but I can't vote w/my wallet on free items.

On the other hand, I routinely vote w/my wallet on every month's gold pass. if it is really good for my accounts, I will get the gold pass on several accounts. A few months ago, we had a particularly bad month and I really struggled to get to 1 gold pass.

*my perspective is shaped by having >20 accounts. The majority are TH13. 1 account is 6 walls from maxed, the rest are at varying levels including several rushed accounts. Most months, the vast majority are FtP.
    Last edited by PapaBear38; July 24th, 2020 at 11:47 AM.
    OP attack: One that the poster doesn't like, wrecks their base and some YouTuber says it broke Clash

-Piper139

Quote Originally Posted by Tron82 View Post
    I have 30 bases I played regularly (20 TH13s, 10 TH12s - none are rushed). Every month, I get 2600 on seasonal challenges & 4k in clan games on every base (I know, I have no life). I buy gold pass on one base I considered my main, the rest are free-to-play accounts. Some patterns I noticed:

(1) Most of the forumers seem like gold-pass users, so rewards are plentiful, and they dont noticed the subtle change in rewards SC puts in. Or ignore it because they dont really care because they are in a perpetual state of near max.

(2) Clan games pretty much has one book as reward now. This current clan game is the first one in 4 or 5 months that has more than one Book. Runes are nice and whatever, but time is the most important resource, not gold/elixir/DE (or worst BH runes). In the past, before the seasonal challenges were implemented, multi-books in CGs were the norms, not anymore. The extra reward for reaching 4k is nice, but, is it really an improvement if you have to pick a rune over a book?

(3) Builder potion (by far the most important potion 4 me) has disappeared from the silver track in season challenge. There was a long stretch where there was at least one every month in the silver track. Also, they are extremely rare rewards on the troop events now, which doesnt seem to be the case in the past. In addition, it was common to get multi 2 builder potions reward, not anymore. If we are lucky to get one, its usually only one potion. This seems to be true for the new research potion as well. There is a significant drop in high-value potions from the troops events.

(4) The iterations to complete the troops event keeps going up for some reason, while the number and value of the potions keeps going down. Seems like most troop events only took like 6x or 8x to complete in the past where as it takes 12x or 15x now. I can understand the increase in BH events iterations since there is no troop training time anymore. But why the increase in MV, what has change?

(5) I would argued that it was better for free-to-play players before the gold pass/seasonal challenges was implemented. More books and better high-end potions from troop events, and more books from clan games with less work. At most, its one book from troop event and one BoH from the silver track a month nowaday. I dont want to come off sounding too negatively. I will adapt to whatever SC changes. Gold pass is the best value in the game. I think in an attempt to ♥♥♥♥♥♥ the pace of which gold pass users are reaching max, they are really hurting the FTP players.

Millennial Club
    I get builder and resource potion every month in clan games,events, league shop and that is more than enough for me.I don't want some more in silver track and at the end sell it to gems