Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: It might not be cheating...just hear me out...

Quote Originally Posted by dumbndumber View Post
    Gonna be a long read, but thereís a thread going on in the forum where some clans are being accused of cheating in wars. I donít have evidence to verify or disprove. All I can do is relate my experience.

Iím maxed th13 with 3500 war stars so I get a lot of invites to join clans. Last year I took a clan up on it when I saw that they had like a 100 win streak in hand so I wanted to see what they were doing and what I could learn from them. (Wonít name and shame, even though thereís nothing shameful about their practices). I stayed for 4 reg wars, and one cwl.

Ill list the things they did every war to boost their chances.
    1) their top 10 bases were held by 3 guys, and me. So the 3 guys had 9 bases. All Th13s and all killers when it came to war.
    2) in any war, the leaders assigned bases to hit, no exceptions. If u deviated from the assignment, you got booted, no questions asked. They had a win streak they werent willing to mess with it. I hit whatever base they told me.
    3) never ending friendly challenges. Those 9 bases had a total of 54 war base layouts (9 bases x6 layouts. no duplicates) so in any particular war, they either had the exact base, or one very similar to it. So they practiced over and over again until it was 3 starred easily. Before I could do my war attack, I had to show them I could 3 star a base at least 3 times in a row in practice. In the cwl, I was tasked with hitting the opponents #1 base each time. I got 20 out of 21 stars...got a 99%). So they took 0 chances with any war attack.
    4) if in the off chance the opposition had a base none of them had, the leader scoured youtube to find an attack that matched it. Iím not kidding. Then he would tell you the YouTube video to watch and learn.
    5) sometimes used ďzombie basesĒ. They had 5 dead bases still in their clan...all th7 or lower. Sometimes they brought those 5 bases to 20 or 25 base war to lower the overall war weight. It usually resulted in lower bases from the opponents as well. So our base 15 would easily 3 star their 19 and 20. 14 would hit 18,17 etc. this means the higher bases could also drop down and hit th12s or weaker th13s for easier hits.
    6) that was just the top 3 guys...the lower bases were just as committed.

they were relentless and took it very seriously. They won almost 100% of their wars. During my time there, they never lost. I was impressed.

when I got back to my old clan, they asked me what I learned...and I said ď what I learned, Iím honestly not willing to doĒ. It was ALOT of effort. Iím just way too lazy for all of that.

So, maybe if your clan gets squished and gets 3 starred on every single attack...it might not be cheating. It could be you just got outworked by a clan that takes it very seriously.

Thanks for your time. Clash on!
    Sure are committed, and obviously have taken the game to an almost religious level.

Only one thing puzzles me about all the praise tho..
    How come in the past, if a clan copied and practiced the opponents war bases over and over, then took to the field and 3 starred everything, they were called cheats..
    SC even implemented the 24 hour cool down to prevent it.

Isnt this clan doing more or less the same thing?
    Is it not back door sandboxing

Very interesting discussion this. So similar to how reverse swing was looked at when Pakistan bowlers first started using it in cricket, only for others to realise much later than the unnatural swing was actually a thing of legit science and art, both combined.

But until that realisation came, everyone thought that Pakistan bowlers were indulging in vicious tampering of the ball, which of course is considered nailed-on cheating in cricket. Quite similar to how the normal clashers think when they come across clans or players with outrageous profile achievements.

I think its just a human thing, this kind of questioning of integrity, whenever some astonishing achievement is first witnessed. With time though, and eventually, the realisation sets in that the achievement is possible legally also.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Thesuperbeast View Post
    If that's cheating then I guess...
    Olympic athletes shouldn't practice.
    All major sports team shouldn't scout opponents with spy's, practice against Thier way of playing etc.
    Our militaries should stop war games, spying, espionage and cyber sabotage...
    Cheating is being underhand or using subroutines to gain an unfair advantage. Everyone has access to what those guys do.

Some of us just have lives. If they devote that much too it let them have it.
    It's also how a lot of other top raiding teams in MMOs etc go down.
    Yeah, but even Olympic athletes have to prove they are not cheating with the use of drugs.
    It is understandable how some thought some of the clans are cheating by having too good of a record, as we never have any information of whether SC have check through their war records, or whether they really have the war records without any cheats.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    I agree with you that such cases might not be always cheating, it could be just a lot of hard work.

As you said, usually Clans with more than 100 war win streak, they included weak TH5-TH7 bases in their line ups so overall their war weight decrease, so at higher bases they could most of the time facing weaker bases on their mirror. I know it is still difficult to 3 star most of the war bases they face, but it's slightly easier when they engineer their clan war weight in order to gain advantage. And yes, it still need a lot of effort to do so (practice, fc, update recent internet war bases as options to practice, etc.). It shows a lot of commitment and hard work.

But at equal weight, if they could still 3 star most of the war bases, say they war 15v15 with full max TH13 all the time, and with 100 war win streak, then I don't think that's possible even with hard work. There are war bases that you just can't 3 star even if you have the best skills and players in the world, and you put in hard work. So it's pretty natural for normal people to think that it is cheating when they saw clans like that.
    This sounds quite a bit like our clan. We have currently won 34 wars in a row, usually w/ 7 or 8 th13s (4 th13s being mine), a couple 12s, couple 11s, couple 10s, and a handful of th7-th9. I spend a LOT of time grinding clans and have 7 accounts. I use my lowest 2 accounts to scout for my 13s, this allows our middle guys to drop down for 3s & for me to 3-star th13s well over 50% of the time knowing trap locations/cc troops. I know this isn't the place to look for new members but if good players would like to war with us feel free, the clan is open to all th12+ until the next war starts. Clan ID: PPQPOGJY

Edit- It's amazing how few of our opponents use their lower accounts to scout, even clans w/ good wars logs. Really mind blowing considering how much it helps your 13s chances to 3.
    Last edited by jabrollox; July 24th, 2020 at 10:26 AM.

Centennial Club
    Supercell gives each base 6 layouts. If your clan has 20 bases, that’s 180 potentially different layouts to practice. It’s not cheating, it’s using the tools supercell provides.

in my clan, we have duplicate bases all the time

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Sure are committed, and obviously have taken the game to an almost religious level.

How come in the past, if a clan copied and practiced the opponents war bases over and over, then took to the field and 3 starred everything, they were called cheats..

Some clan use the tool inside the game (fair)
    Some clan use the tool outside the game (unfair)

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    Yeah, but even Olympic athletes have to prove they are not cheating with the use of drugs.
    It is understandable how some thought some of the clans are cheating by having too good of a record, as we never have any information of whether SC have check through their war records, or whether they really have the war records without any cheats.
    In esport arena there are sort of limitations
    15 m preparation 1 hour battle 1 hit

When it's officially stream .. the time getting less especially to plan for the first hitter in both team
    To accommodate all hit being live

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post

There is an argument that if you are using internet bases, then you are asking for that sort of thing.

It only works if most of the bases you are facing can be found on the internet (which I suspect is true for most clans/players - far more probably use internet bases than build their own).

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Alishr99 View Post

When it's officially stream .. the time getting less especially to plan for the first hitter in both team
    I fail to see the correlation to this thread or my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Alishr99 View Post

That's why I like these esl style 5vs5 wars. It's easier to organize, evenly matched, you don't have to plan for hours and you usually can't crack the enemy bases in fcs. It comes down to good base identification, solid execution with only one try and defensive mindgames.

Since I started competing in these kinds of wars I lost all interest in regular wars.
    I would be way too lazy to commit so much time, as the Clan the op mentioned does, "only" for getting a high win streak. That sounds more like a chore rather than fun to me.