Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Ability to transfer gems between accounts (but not between players)

Lightbulb Ability to transfer gems between accounts (but not between players)

A clanmate and I were recently discussing the amount of gems we have on our main accounts vs. the amount of gems we have on our mini accounts. We had the idea of making a gem transfer system. I had a hunch that it was already ruled out, but the idea we came up with is slightly different than what seems to be indicated on the "Ruled Out" list.

I'm totally not suggesting the ruled out idea of transferring gems between different players. At all. That would be very problematic for the game, I get that.

But what about transferring gems between two accounts owned by the same person? I don't know exactly how it would work, but there would need to be some form of verification (like an email or something) that ensured you were just transferring gems between your own accounts, not giving gems away. (Perhaps an additional location verification. Long story short, I have reason to believe that Supercell has ways of tracking locations and/or ensuring one account isn't on two devices at two locations, etc. Again, totally unsure of how that would work lol.)

The other issue with this idea that I thought about would be "gem farming." I could proceed to make 100 accounts, and once every couple of days I could just go harvest all the bushes from them and donate them to my main account. I don't want that implemented, nor would I take advantage of it, but many would. That would, again, be problematic. So, there would also have to be a limitation. Like, any given account could only donate/receive 100 (or 500) gems once per week (or per month), or something like that. The exact numbers could be worked out by Supercell. A limitation just strong enough to counter gem farming, but not so locked down that its useless lol.

If there are other issues with this that I'm not seeing, by all means let me know!

Also, if this is what was indicated on the Ruled Out list, apologies. Based on the phrase referencing trading between "players" and not "accounts", I figured I'd give this one a shot.
    Knowledge is knowing the tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting the tomato in the fruit salad.

What did you not see in the Ruled Out list? Here's a quote:

Frequently Requested:

• Playing clash of clans (or any other SC game) on a computer or through a web browser e.g. Facebook
    • Donating (or trading) any resources, passes, items or gems to (with) other players or accounts

Ruled out. Can't transfer gems between your mains and minis.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier2 View Post
    A clanmate and I were recently discussing the amount of gems we have on our main accounts vs. the amount of gems we have on our mini accounts. We had the idea of making a gem transfer system. I had a hunch that it was already ruled out, but the idea we came up with is slightly different than what seems to be indicated on the "Ruled Out" list.

I'm totally not suggesting the ruled out idea of transferring gems between different players. At all. That would be very problematic for the game, I get that.

But what about transferring gems between two accounts owned by the same person? I don't know exactly how it would work, but there would need to be some form of verification (like an email or something) that ensured you were just transferring gems between your own accounts, not giving gems away. (Perhaps an additional location verification. Long story short, I have reason to believe that Supercell has ways of tracking locations and/or ensuring one account isn't on two devices at two locations, etc. Again, totally unsure of how that would work lol.)

The other issue with this idea that I thought about would be "gem farming." I could proceed to make 100 accounts, and once every couple of days I could just go harvest all the bushes from them and donate them to my main account. I don't want that implemented, nor would I take advantage of it, but many would. That would, again, be problematic. So, there would also have to be a limitation. Like, any given account could only donate/receive 100 (or 500) gems once per week (or per month), or something like that. The exact numbers could be worked out by Supercell. A limitation just strong enough to counter gem farming, but not so locked down that its useless lol.

If there are other issues with this that I'm not seeing, by all means let me know!

Also, if this is what was indicated on the Ruled Out list, apologies. Based on the phrase referencing trading between "players" and not "accounts", I figured I'd give this one a shot.
    Players and accounts are synonyms so far as the game is concerned.

The main reason for this being ruled out is that people would abuse it by creating minis just to donate to their main.

So of course it is ruled out.