Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Wall Rings price

Wall Rings price

Just looking at Wall Ring price in daily shop. It costs 500 gems for 5 of them. Price of 500 gems would be around 5 UK pounds, on my game region.

As a TH13, where my wall costs 6 rings for one piece, i find it preety unworthy. Im translating it as 6 pound for one piece out of 250 or whatever i can upgrade. Of course, no one is forcing me to buy them for that amount of gems. But a book of heroes is 500 gems, or a book for troop upgrades is 925, if im not mistaken.

How can upgrading one wall piece be so valuable in eyes of who designed prices for items in shop ?
    What am i missing ?
    Last edited by dpgza; July 19th, 2020 at 10:23 PM.

The Trader is a crafty little guy. Don't let him try to fool you.

Walls rings are basically buying resources which is always the worst deal in the game.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

In my opinion, supercell could bring in more revenue if they actually adjusted prices such as the one you bring up. To be fair, I donít have any data; but I have the same mindset as you and Iím sure other logical players have also come up to the same conclusion. While Iím not bashing wall rings in particular, it just doesnít seem good for business to not have deals that people would actually jump for.

However, this also slows down progression for a bit, and finding that delicate balance between players upgrading and zerg rushing everything complaining they need another update is probably something they also have to weigh in on. I like how progression is in the game, and if people want everything day 1 on an update, they will have to pay a pretty steep premium to have that advantage, something I also like. Keeps everything on a far more playing field between updates.
    Last edited by twinblade123; July 19th, 2020 at 11:28 PM.

Walls are literally meant to be a time and resource dump to slow down progression.

It makes no sense for them to lower the cost of Wall Rings.

Level 19
    - 516/23,500 | Champion II
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 220] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by dpgza View Post
    Just looking at Wall Ring price in daily shop. It costs 500 gems for 5 of them. Price of 500 gems would be around 5 UK pounds, on my game region.

As a TH13, where my wall costs 6 rings for one piece, i find it preety unworthy. Im translating it as 6 pound for one piece out of 250 or whatever i can upgrade. Of course, no one is forcing me to buy them for that amount of gems. But a book of heroes is 500 gems, or a book for troop upgrades is 925, if im not mistaken.

How can upgrading one wall piece be so valuable in eyes of who designed prices for items in shop ?
    What am i missing ?
    If you think they're poor value now, check the numbers in the opening post here:
    https://forum.supercell.com/tags.php...ng+2018+update

The trader shop stuffs were always costly , of you wanna buy from them then do it.
    Wall upgrading is just a part of maxing your village , which is also one of the important task that significantly effects the time you take to become maxed . It needs farming , patience and understanding the right time to upgraded walls . So if you can't dump your loots into walls then wait till everything except the walls gets maxed . After that, invest your loot into walls. No need to reduce wall rings price . It will be expensive as it always have been.

P.S: personally I would also love it if the price were reduced but it seems that as it's from the trader, the price is fine. So I better wait for clan games or buy them from the league shops.

Dont get me wrong, but who in their right mind would trade one wall upgrade for a 7 day hero upgrade instant ?

Hero books same price as 5 wall rings.

Walls separate the casual players from the intense players. Walls should be a lot of work to max (via actually playing the game) and expensive (via paying $$$ to avoid playing the game).

Quote Originally Posted by dpgza View Post
    Dont get me wrong, but who in their right mind would trade one wall upgrade for a 7 day hero upgrade instant ?

Hero books same price as 5 wall rings.
    People who think walls are hard to upgrade? I guess. Imo, for rational people, the only good trader deals are hero book and free potions. Rest are like PT Barnum said, a sucker born every minute.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22