Thread: Solidarity Symbol for clan members who have passed away

Exclamation Solidarity Symbol for clan members who have passed away

It would be great to be able to have some sort of symbol to honor clan members who have passed away due to COVID or any other reason. I'm in a clan that has been together for 6 years, we are all locals, many of us know each other in person, but some of us have only bonded through the game. Sometimes, something happens where we would like to be able to pay our respects to someone and I thought it would be a great idea, especially during these trying times to have something we could put in our base. For example a flag at half-mast.

I appreciate all that you do.

Thansk,
    DoubleDipBandit

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDipBandit View Post
    It would be great to be able to have some sort of symbol to honor clan members who have passed away due to COVID or any other reason. I'm in a clan that has been together for 6 years, we are all locals, many of us know each other in person, but some of us have only bonded through the game. Sometimes, something happens where we would like to be able to pay our respects to someone and I thought it would be a great idea, especially during these trying times to have something we could put in our base. For example a flag at half-mast.

I appreciate all that you do.

Thansk,
    DoubleDipBandit
    You can use the Ancient Skull for that.

From my point of view that becomes much of a personal and quite hazardous aspect. Don't get me wrong. ..but how comes we will know that someone has passed and played in an international clan and all of the clashers are from different parts of the world? He can't get back to his life and then log into his village to say that I AM dead.

Now don't say that his relatives will log into his village to inform his clanmates that he is no more on this world. Because that sounds account sharing or simply a giveaway.

Now you might say that maybe his neighbour was in the clan who got the news of his death informed to all of you. But imo it will be better if we pray for his peace and do everything in our real life rather than bringing it inside the game . Game is game and not the best place to show respect. It sounds just like pressing 'F' to show respect.

Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    You can use the Ancient Skull for that.
    I saw that there, but it looks kind of ominous. For now we are using a white flag and we are all throwing away our first attack on the next war.
    Last edited by DoubleDipBandit; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:21 PM. Reason: Added quote

I'm not trying to sound like a (insert word(s) here) but I for one don't play games so I can have a constant reminder of what stressful or bad thing is going on/happened in the world. I do it so I can escape reality for 5-10 mins or even and hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    I'm not trying to sound like a (insert word(s) here) but I for one don't play games so I can have a constant reminder of what stressful or bad thing is going on/happened in the world. I do it so I can escape reality for 5-10 mins or even and hour.
    Point well taken.

I would contend that throwing away your war attack (i.e. intentionally losing) doesn’t honor anyone’s memory.

Quote Originally Posted by toofinedog View Post
    I would contend that throwing away your war attack (i.e. intentionally losing) doesn’t honor anyone’s memory.
    Also true, most dedicate a win in memory.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:52 PM.

Clash of Clans tries to step away from any real-world scenarios. That's why you don't see any in-game content related to anything crazy happening in the world. CoC tries to make people forget, and just have fun for a few moments.

As much as i understand your desire to honour a member who has passed away i am not keen on your idea i have been playing this game near enough from the start and know 2 people who have passed away but i wouldnt want to see a flag at half mast on my base as a reminder of them and equally i wouldnt want to see such a thing appearing on bases all over the game as i play this game as a form of escapism to get away from all the depressing events in the world and flags at half mast everywere in the game would be soul destroying
    yes my english writing skills are rubbish and lacks punctuation i am very well aware of this so please keep all comments and pm clash related all i want to do is chat not be reminded how poor my education is thanks