Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: About bumping clan recruitment posts

New Bloke/Chick

About bumping clan recruitment posts

Idk if this is general or should be inside of "looking for members". But after reading the rules for clan recruiting, I decided to make sure no one had recruited for my clan in the forums before. It appears that they did, over 3 years ago.

My question, is it appropriate to bump that thread or is it allowed to start a new one? I realize what forum rules say about recreating and bumping, there is also rules about not reviving old threads, which rule does this fall under? I'm unsure if 3 years is long enough to just start anew. Thanks

If you are taking over recruiting for your clan, would be best if you are the O.P. , this way you can edit the recruitment post as your needs change.
    Level: 262 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 210

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    If you are taking over recruiting for your clan, would be best if you are the O.P. , this way you can edit the recruitment post as your needs change.
    While I definitely agree, it doesn't really answer OP, who is asking if it is allowed for him to start a new one.

I can't speak for the mods, so you might be better off sending a quick DM to one of the mods.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post

I can't speak for the mods, so you might be better off sending a quick DM to one of the mods.
    I was going to do that, but don't know how, lol.
    I clicked on one of their names, but did not see an option to DM.

You can PM a mod and ask him/her to close your clan's old recruitment thread and then you can start a new one.
    Here the the list of Mods:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showgroups.php
    There's an Option to PM next to their name.
    Wanna join a Competitive all TH13 Champs 1 war clan?Click here

Great minds think alike,but fools seldom differ.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Technically I think it would be ok to bump a very old recruitment. They donít quite follow the exact same rules as other old threads and could still be very relevant especially if theyíre still kept up to date.

However quite often the person who started the thread is no longer around or isnít the one actively recruiting anymore. This makes it impossible for anyone in your clan to change the opening post with the most updated and relevant information which makes recruiting a bit more difficult and looks messy. So it would be perfectly acceptable to start a new recruitment thread in such case of really old threads. When we look for multiple clan recruitment threads we look for the more obvious cases of abusing the rules.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Technically I think it would be ok to bump a very old recruitment. They donít quite follow the exact same rules as other old threads and could still be very relevant especially if theyíre still kept up to date.

However quite often the person who started the thread is no longer around or isnít the one actively recruiting anymore. This makes it impossible for anyone in your clan to change the opening post with the most updated and relevant information which makes recruiting a bit more difficult and looks messy. So it would be perfectly acceptable to start a new recruitment thread in such case of really old threads. When we look for multiple clan recruitment threads we look for the more obvious cases of abusing the rules.
    Thank you. If it's appropriate, please close this thread.

Wait
    We're not supposed to have more than 1 recruitment thread for 1 clan?
    I may have like 2 or 3 threads over looking for clanmates subforum

Millennial Club <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post

I bumped a 5.5 year old thread yesterday(the OP is no longer active on the forums, but he is still the leader of the clan)
    Last edited by <<GaMe ChAnGeR>>; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:09 AM.

So if someday I open a thread for recruitment then I will bump it once I dont get enough replies.