Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: China Removes Supercellís Hay Day and 2,500 Other Games from iOS App Store

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep

China Removes Supercellís Hay Day and 2,500 Other Games from iOS App Store

Excerpted from an online article published by Venture Beat on July 14, 2020:

"The Chinese government has cracked down on unlicensed mobile games in China’s Apple App Store, removing more than 2,500 in the first week of July, according to measurement firm Sensor Tower.

Among those removed are Hay Day from Supercell, which launched the farming game back in 2012...

...Apple is removing the games at the request of the Chinese government.

...Third-party Android stores there have enforced the requirement for several years and Apple has recently needed to do so as well in order to continue operating the App Store within China..."

https://venturebeat.com/2020/07/14/china-removes-supercells-hay-day-and-2500-other-games-from-ios-app-store/

EDIT: As of August 6, 2020, Apple removed almost 42,000 games so far from the App Store.
    https://venturebeat.com/2020/08/06/a...urge-in-china/
    Last edited by LynnK2015; August 14th, 2020 at 08:53 PM.
    Supercellís CEO on its majority owner Tencent, finding its next hit, and more
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...t-hit-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Excerpted from an online article published by Venture Beat on July 14, 2020:

"The Chinese government has cracked down on unlicensed mobile games in Chinaís Apple App Store, removing more than 2,500 in the first week of July, according to measurement firm Sensor Tower.

Among those removed are Hay Day from Supercell, which launched the farming game back in 2012...

...Apple is removing the games at the request of the Chinese government.."

https://venturebeat.com/2020/07/14/c...ios-app-store/
    big money blow

Will this completely cut off current farmers or will it affect their ability to update?

Farm 144
    CoC TH12 BhB9 AQ 60 BK 60 GW 40
    established level 18 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Ability to update as far as I guess, will just be more complicated not impossible. Not sure about in app purchase.
    Welcome to Community Forum - Report abuse/spam - World Time Buddy -

Guide collection (Valley/Derby): V Map - V rules - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus - D points - Bunny D - Mystery D - Bingo D - Lake Timer soon

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 149♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH13 ::

I hope, at the very least, SC can make updating ALWAYS optional, so they can at least keep their games as they are.

If it was me, I'd rather be able to keep my pets etc & not update than lose everything.

Given the UK has just pulled out of the 5G deal with Huawai, & the Chinese Govt is warning we will suffer for it, I hate to think what we have got coming our way...but it was the right decision. Let them stomp.
    FROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 164 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

That's strange because chinese Tencent is owner of Supercell 🤔

I wouldn't mind making updates optional. I lost my baby farm because I had it on an iPhone 3 which doesn't support the game and hasn't in years. No way to update and no way to connect it to a supercell ID.

Quote Originally Posted by meemeeme View Post
    That's strange because chinese Tencent is owner of Supercell 🤔
    Welcome to Supercell culture where Boss has no say in whatever the team decides. Everything you think you know doesn't apply. It is just different.

And Tencent may have the bigger share of capital, not sure they have any power over company operation. Must be part of the deal.
    Welcome to Community Forum - Report abuse/spam - World Time Buddy -

Guide collection (Valley/Derby): V Map - V rules - V Chicken - V Fuel station - V Lucky bonus - D points - Bunny D - Mystery D - Bingo D - Lake Timer soon

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 149♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH13 ::

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by SmallChange View Post
    I hope, at the very least, SC can make updating ALWAYS optional, so they can at least keep their games as they are.

If it was me, I'd rather be able to keep my pets etc & not update than lose everything.
    I'll be curious to know if players living in China and playing on iOS devices will be able to play after the release of the next update. Good luck to them.

Given the UK has just pulled out of the 5G deal with Huawai, & the Chinese Govt is warning we will suffer for it, I hate to think what we have got coming our way...but it was the right decision. Let them stomp.
    Indeed, China isn't happy with UK for offering Hong Kongers residency in the UK after the passage of the
    recent national security law.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-dominic-raab

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    ...And Tencent may have the bigger share of capital, not sure they have any power over company operation. Must be part of the deal.
    And to those who don't know that Tencent is the parent company of Supercell, we discussed the deal here in 2016.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...=1#post7699246
    Last edited by LynnK2015; July 16th, 2020 at 04:46 AM.
    Supercellís CEO on its majority owner Tencent, finding its next hit, and more
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...t-hit-and-more

And China is not happy with Australia right now.........
    Last edited by Gymgirl4a; July 15th, 2020 at 09:44 PM.

Farm Level 187. Town 58.😊
    Please PM for farm ID.