Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: New Lightning Spell Nerf Needed?

New Lightning Spell Nerf Needed?

At Th10 With 9 level7 lightning spell it is easy to destroy 3 AD and with 2 space still available to carry a rage spell. I have been constantly getting attacked by mass dragons after the latest update. Before the update this was never possible.. there was no way to destroy more than 50% of your AD at any level when the town hall level of both attacker and defender was same.

I am not sure if these was intended in the last update. I have been forced to change inferno tower to single and all x-bow to both air and ground because of mass dragon attacks.

Fresh Spawn
    Yes of course the mass dragons in this case can easily clear out the buildings

Time to give up using old base designs

Make A Wish
    Defending AQ, CC Troops, Single Inferno, X-Bows, Teslas, Archer Tower will kill all Mass Dragons. The next move should be update your base design so that all those defenses are not clumped together and get taken out by Dragons under the Rage Spell.

Side Note:
    TH11, TH12, and TH13 do face the possibility of this strategy (3 Lightning Spells to take out Air Defense). And with upgraded CC for TH11 and above could carry 12 Spells slot, means that TH11-TH13 could take out all 4 Air Defenses before even deploying a troop. So obviously it is intended. For TH11 and above we have to face GW Eternal Tome too, but I still don't think it is too OP that need a nerf.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; July 14th, 2020 at 10:27 AM.

No, nerf would be too early if that happens, In Th13 it is not like trashing bases here and there and if you only think of th10 being easily trashed then listen, Th10 can easily be cleared with qc miners, mass miners or pekkabobat without even thinking a lot.
    Last edited by ExploringGalaxy; July 14th, 2020 at 10:14 AM.

A th10 has two Infernos you can put in single target to counter dragons. A single rage spell shouldn't be enough for them.

Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    Time to give up using old base designs
    I Know Right!! Also those air traps upgrade in your priority list during upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    Defending AQ, CC Troops, Single Inferno, X-Bows, Teslas, Archer Tower will kill all Mass Dragons. The next move should be update your base design so that all those defenses are not clumped together and get taken out by Dragons under the Rage Spell.
    The only thing I am worried about is Air Sweeper.. i used to position the Air Sweeper with respect to AD. Since 3 of my 4 AD are gone atleast one of the sweeper is going waste.. I am going crazy with the positioning of it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ExploringGalaxy View Post
    No, nerf would be too early if that happens, In Th13 it is not like trashing bases here and there and if you only think of th10 being easily trashed then listen, Th10 can easily be cleared with qc miners, mass miners or pekkabobat without even thinking a lot.
    I know most of the mentioned can be cleared without thinking a lot but it does take thinking to drop those heal,rage,jump spell.. the timing and the placement.. with lightning spell it is just placement of the spell.. that too has become so much easy with new update.

People talked about ZapQuake coming back to life.. why would u need quake when u can just zap zap zap zap zap zap zap zap....

Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post

Side Note:
    TH11, TH12, and TH13 do face the possibility of this strategy (3 Lightning Spells to take out Air Defense). And with upgraded CC for TH11 and above could carry 12 Spells slot, means that TH11-TH13 could take out all 4 Air Defenses before even deploying a troop. So obviously it is intended. For TH11 and above we have to face GW Eternal Tome too, but I still don't think it is too OP that need a nerf.
    I agree that it is not OP but the probability of easy 1 or 2 star is more compared to the previous.

In one of my recent war, All the dragons were deployed in one tile and the atacker managed 75% 1 star. I know the base design has to be changed. But the atack just got simpler. How am I supposed to defend my base. I am hardly finding any base get defended(0 star) with mass dragon attacks at same th level.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; July 14th, 2020 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderAkshay View Post
    I agree that it is not OP but the probability of easy 1 or 2 star is more compared to the previous.

In one of my recent war, All the dragons were deployed in one tile and the atacker managed 75% 1 star. I know the base design has to be changed. But the atack just got simpler. How am I supposed to defend my base. I am hardly finding any base get defended(0 star) with mass dragon attacks at same th level.
    1 star is a defensive win in almost everyone's eyes, tbh. Later on a 0 star is the most rare result you can get both attacking and defending.

Your base and/or TH10 might be a problem, but there is ZERO evidence of an issue at TH13. In my last 40 Legends defenses, there was 1 attack that used 2 lightning. They got 1 star/68%.

Hardly a compelling case for a nerf.

Edited to add: As the Dorito says, I, like most people, consider a 1 star a win.
    Last edited by PapaBear38; July 14th, 2020 at 11:03 AM.
    OP attack: One that the poster doesn't like, wrecks their base and some YouTuber says it broke Clash

-Piper139

Make A Wish
    So does any viable strategies at TH10.
    Pick any of the strategy and it could give you high % 2 stars against any base design.

I don't think you will ever find a base that could get 0 star every single defense. Against some of the attack strategy, you might, but against all attack strategies? Not possible.

If you are the highest TH level in your Clan, then getting 70% defenses is a good defense already and is enough to win war. If you are not the highest TH level then you will get 3 starred regardless how good your base design is, since opponent may use a TH11 to dip down and triple your base. The objective is make them as hard as possible to 3 star your base. Forget about having 0 star defense.

Anyway, you do have a valid point about the position of Air Sweeper use to defend your Air Defenses. I agree, from strategies wise it does limit your defensive base designing. Took out 3 Air Defenses at the start of the raid means one of your Air Sweeper could be facing destroyed Air Defense and useless the whole raid. Perhaps we will get some short of buff/balancing in the near future for air defending.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; July 14th, 2020 at 11:13 AM.