Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: About the New terms and services !!

About the New terms and services !!

Hello clasher. Supercell updated its terms and services. Great news , a step ahead against cheat , fraud , security breach etc and i appreciate it . I didn't read all the writing of supercell's updated TOS. But i did read some. I have seen a thread below , and that was confusing for what i am looking for . So i have created it to get my confusion out. Here is my question :

1) can i play multiple accounts in one device? ( Here multiple accounts mean game accounts , created by me for me ) ( I dont understand one account per game in a sopported device and i dont know what the emulator is )

2) is supercell going to terminate those players who have been inactive more than 180 days ? ( Supercell mentioned the word "Terminate" , is that means "Ban")

These two questions are confusing me . An easy reply would be appreciated. Thank you.
    Last edited by Jakexsy1; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:06 PM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakexsy1 View Post
    Hello clasher. Supercell updated its terms and services. Great news , a step ahead against cheat , fraud , security breach etc and i appreciate it . I didn't read all the writing of supercell's updated TOS. But i did read some. I have seen a thread below , and that was confusing for what i am looking for . So i have created it to get my confusion out. Here is my question :

1) can i play multiple accounts in one device? ( Here multiple accounts mean game accounts , created by me for me ) ( I dont understand one account per game in a sopported device and i dont know what the emulator is )

2) is supercell going to terminate those players who have been inactive more than 180 days ? ( Supercell mentioned the word "Terminate" , is that means "Ban")

These two questions are confusing me . An easy reply would be appreciated. Thank you.
    I dont speak for SC but in response to #2, I read that clause as “SC may terminate your account after 180 days IF THEY CHOOSE TO”. It does not say they WILL. Termination typically is not a ban, it usually is a removal of the account, it just ceases to exist. from a user perspective you could no longer access that account and would have to create a new account and build it up from scratch.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

As for 1: yes, you can play multiple games per device, SC staff does it also - Darian has stated this will be checked with the legal team some time ago when this question also came up...

As for 2: this isn't new, this isn't changed. This has always been in the TOS. So far I have never heard or seen any account being 'terminated' (which is NOT the same as being banned) by SuperCell in Clash of Clans (not that I'm an expert, but this also comes up regularly and nobody ever responded this has happened - it doesn't seem something SC is actively pursuing)

Forum Elder
    I'd be more concerned about us all losing our accounts if the ongoing crisis facing TikTok is any precedent
    Quote Originally Posted by kajid View Post
    Loot difficulty has gone up again today by 2.5% Why do they keep increasing the loot difficulty this makes the game not worth playing and before you all say there is more inactive bases and less active players it still shouldn't be a 2.5% increase in difficulty.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5

Neither of these parts of the ToS have changed in the slightest.,

SC have always reserved the right to terminate accounts that are not used for 6 months, but have never invoked it.

And multiple accounts on one device have always been listed as not supported, but for many years have been allowed.

Millennial Club

Another updated TOS question

The old terms of service had an explicit age minimum of 13 for all SC games. I am not seeing that in the recently updated TOS, just this:
    By registering for an Account or otherwise using the Service, you affirm that you are the legal age of majority in your country of residence. If you are not, your legal guardian must review and agree to these Terms.

Am I missing it somewhere or it is it now anything goes for ages with "guardian permission"?If this is truly the new policy, the parent's guide needs to be updated as it still mentions 13 years of age for all Supercell game.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    The parent's guide also mentions global chat.

So yes, I think the Parent's guide needs updating.

Banned
    In another section, new TOS states that you will not "Use or take part (directly or indirectly) in the use of cheats, exploits, automation software, emulators, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with the Service, any Supercell game or any Supercell game experience."

Many players I know, mainly older people, have used emulators for years to play Clash of Clans or Hayday on a desktop computer. There is no intention to cheat or exploit the game. Most of them simply cannot see well enough or no longer have the finger dexterity to play on a cell phone, or they do not have a phone that will not support the game. Some still use flip phones or have no cell phone at all. These folks are not burning it up in Legends League or dominating in CWL. They simply enjoy puttering along, often using the game as a way to do something with their children or grandchildren, especially now that the virus has us all cowering inside.

I realize that Supercell has the right to modify the rules as they see fit. I accept that. But if there is any intention to enforce a ban on emulators users in the future, it would be nice if that were clearly announced to give these players time to transition to another similar game.

Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; 3 Weeks Ago at 01:34 PM.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by milomilomilo View Post
    ...Most of them simply cannot see well enough or no longer have the finger dexterity to play on a cell phone....
    I understand your concerns. My eyesight isn't brilliant, so I invested in a fairly big tablet, and use a stylus. My gaming experience is much better than trying to work on a cell phone.
    Last edited by Cowslips; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:08 PM. Reason: Typo - should have worn my specs!

Hay Day level 187 (main farm) - I have seven others!

I do not wish to violate forum rules so I will be a little vague. I agree with milomilomilo that to the extent the new TOS bars players from doing what was previously within the rules, it should be publicly announced in the game. Only a small percentage of players read the forum.
    Last edited by Filbert; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:22 PM.